The V2 Standard Starter kit balances affordability and quality. It comes complete with two batteries, two sets of five classic flavors, a wall adapter, and an express charger.
When ordering the starter kit, vapers can customize the flavors and nicotine levels for each of the two cartridge five-packs. They can also select their choice of battery unit color, energy capacity, and switch type (manual or automatic).
With cartridges that can deliver up to 250 puffs and batteries that can last up to one week on a single charge, this is a great value product. Overall, this starter kit offers good cheap e-cigs with exceptional quality that justifies the cost.
- Includes everything vapers need to get started
- Offers a choice of flavors to suit different tastes
The G6 Starter Kit by Halo is a solid choice for someone looking for mid-range cheap e-cigs at an affordable price point. The set comes with two G6 automatic batteries, five pre-filled or blank cartomizers, a USB charger, and a wall charger.
With a capacity of 280 mAh, the rechargeable Infiniglow batteries can last through a whole day of vaping before needing a recharge. The cartomizers use the Thermoflow heating system that keeps the vape flow smooth and Flameguard technology that prevents the unit from producing a burnt taste.
Unlike others that might only offer pre-filled cartomizers, the G6 offers blanks that let vapers use their own preferred e-liquid.
- Excellent design that is attractive and appealing to use
- Good battery life compared to other automatic-pull battery systems
A good option for starters looking for cheap e-cigs online that comes with a lot of easy-to-understand options. Mig Vapor makes excellent quality vaping equipment and knows the vaping culture better than many companies, which makes their products excellent for vapers who plan to use them daily.
The starter pack includes a rechargeable battery, a charger, and one five-pack of refill cartridges. Unlike some other companies’ offerings, vapers can choose the nicotine level and flavor of their refill pack.
Unlike cheap disposable e-cigs, these are a quality product and represent a more unusual step into the vaping scene. Despite their quality, vapers won’t be breaking the bank to afford them either.
- Excellent choice of flavors and nicotine levels in the refill pack
- 4.2V high power batteries with the great life
Recently making inroads on the vaping scene, Zig-Zag offers cartridges in three rich classic flavors at an affordable price. These cartridges are a great way of trying something new when considering options for cheap electronic cigarettes.
Zig-Zag cartridges are compatible with V2 batteries. They provide roughly 200 puffs a piece and come in nicotine strengths of 1.8 and 2.4 percent.
Each cartomizer is disposable and easy to use. Printed expiry dates on each one guarantee freshness. This disposable design allows vapers to enjoy rich cigarette-like experiences without the hassle of cleaning and maintaining a refillable e-cigarette.
- Great flavor selection
- Works great with V2 batteries
- Affordable price
Vapers who go online looking to get e-cigs for sale cheap might not appreciate this product. The V2 Pro Series 3 comes in at a higher price point but paying that little bit more can get vapers the capacity and battery life of a more sizable pen in a sleek and portable package. This pen is a high-performance product designed for advanced vape users on the move.
Although optimized for vaporizing e-liquid, this pen can also vaporize loose leaf, wax and dry herb. Despite its elevated price, vapers still getting more than they pay for with the Pro Series 3, compared to other similar options available on the market.
- Advanced pen at a slightly higher price but still a good value
- Refillable cartridges
- A choice of colors including black, blue and stainless steel
Are Cheap E-Cigs Safe?
Cheap e-cigarettes and cheap things, in general, can be negatively tainted by their cheapness; being low-priced is not always a positive quality. Cheaply priced e-cigs can make people believe that they have a whole mess of other lousy attributes, chief among them is the belief that they are unsafe.
And, while if misused (charged with the wrong device, wrong batteries used, etc.) any vaping device can be dangerous (as well as any device that uses batteries), there is no reason to believe that a cheaply priced e-cigarette is any less safe than an expensive one.
With that said, however, there are certain safety advantages to buying a higher-priced device over a cheaper device. These advantages include:
- Built-in protections: Many higher-priced devices have a lot of built-in safety protections like short-circuiting and over-charging protections that lower-priced devices may not have
- Better build quality: Higher-priced devices might also have the benefit of being made of better quality material, both internally and externally (stainless steel, aluminum or zinc alloy, a more powerful chipset, etc.)
- Customizable: A great deal of vaping accidents (i.e., batteries and devices catching fire) come from users trying to make modifications to their devices when they should not be modified, more expensive devices sometimes allow for greater customization over lower-priced devices
- Warranty: This factor can vary from company to company, and of course, a device having a warranty doesn’t always guarantee that it is safe to use, but having a warranty behind a device, especially a lifetime warranty, is a good sign that the company stands behind their device
You should remember, however, that the features listed above apply more to vape mods and box mods, rather than your cheap, disposable cig-a-likes that you can find in just about any gas station or convenience store.
Those advanced vaporizing devices have safety concerns of their own, which is perhaps why so many of them come loaded with safety protections, and, seen in that light, cheap e-cigarettes then emerge with their own safety advantages, which include:
- Lower battery capacity: Most cheap, disposable e-cigarettes use automatic batteries that only operate when you inhale or take a draw from the device. This button-less operation means that there is no risk of leaving the device “on” and that there is no way that such a battery get overheated
- Disposable: Vaporizer battery accidents can sometimes occur when a battery is charged with an inappropriate charger. This problem is solved with the “disposable” e-cigarette that gets discarded after the e-juice runs out and foregoes entirely the need to be charged
- Lack of customizability: Another (potential) safety hazard of more expensive, vape mod and box mod setups is that a lack of knowledge about metal conductivity and electricity, can lead to some unfortunate mismatches by using a metal not suitable to such high-power outputs. This risk is nullified with the easy-to-use, ready-to-use, cheap disposable e-cigarette or cig-a-like
Are Cheap E-Cigs Worth It?
Whether cheap e-cigarettes and cheap cig-a-likes are worth buying is something entirely subjective. If your goal is merely to try an alternative to smoking cigarettes, cheap e-cigs might be ideal since they require little to no assembly, and come, more or less, ready to vape.
And because they are not “worth” much, you won’t be putting yourself into the poor house by buying a cheap, disposable e-cigarette system, that is not meant to last in the first place. Cheap e-cigarettes are also a great introduction to vaping, in general.
Many an experienced vaper began their vaping life with cig-a-likes and cheap, disposable sets that piqued their interest in vaping and brought them into the wider world of vape pens, and box mods.
For that reason then – for being a cost-effective, non-committal entryway to vaping – cheap e-cigarettes and disposable cig-a-likes are definitely worth buying since they don’t strain your wallet, but still offer you a glimpse into the other vaping possibilities out there.
Finding Your Cheap E-Cigs
Hopefully, you now have a better idea of how useful, convenient, and affordable cheap e-cigs and cheap disposable e-cigs really are compared to their more expensive, complicated and intensive big brothers.
The cheap and inexpensive e-cig may seem outdated and obsolete in the age of the box mod. But for most new or inexperienced vapers, cheap, uncomplicated e-cigarettes remain an important gateway to bring people away from smoking and into vaping.
Cheap e-cigs and cig-a-likes are safe, portable and just as satisfying to smokers and ex-smokers as more powerful devices. Their great functionality and their widespread popularity ensure that cheap and disposable e-cigs are here to stay.