The Aegis Legend 2 replaces the original Aegis Legend starter kit from GeekVape, and it offers sturdy build quality, excellent battery life, and a high-quality tank. It has high power output with various vaping modes along with one of the best screens in the industry.
This box mod is excellent for advanced vapers who want a sturdy device that improves upon its original model.
Table of Contents
The Definitive 2022 GeekVape L200 Aegis Legend 2 Review
There are a lot of great things to say about vaping this device. The main thing is that the flavor is superb, as is the airflow.
The airflow is very smooth and open, or it can be tight and restrictive thanks to the control ring conveniently located above the glass. Either way, the flavor is outstanding.
Vapor production is also very good. This is a 200 watt mod that comes with very low resistance coils, so expect nothing less. After taking a drag off of either coil, it will take two exhales, at least, to clear all the vapor out of the lungs.
This box mod has lots of modes. It has temperature control options for different coil materials, curves, bypass, or straight power mode.
This box mod has all of the usual safety features, like overheating, overcharging, and reverse polarity protection. Additionally, there is a switch on the side that prevents accidental firing.
GeekVape Aegis Legend 2 Kit
- Geek Vape AEGIS 2 Mod
- Geek Vape Z 2022 Tank
- 0.2 ohm Z Coil (70 to 80 Watts)
- 0.25 ohm Z Coil (45 to 57 Watts)
- Coil Tool
- Spare Parts Pack
- 5.5 ml Replacement Glass
- User Manual
- USB Cable
Internal Build Quality and Design
This device’s build quality is impressive but not as good as the original. The original model had rubberized coating all around, but this one does not, meaning the Aegis Legend 2 is less drop resistant. However, the pod is still water-resistant and holds up to shock better than most box mods.
The best feature of this category is the silicone covered USB-C charge port. This cover keeps dust and water out so that nothing can interrupt the connection.
This device uses dual 18650 batteries, so expect to get plenty of vaping time out of it. The battery door swings open and shut, it is secure, and it will not open unexpectedly. Also, it keeps dust and water out.
The screen displays battery life for both 18650s just above the wattage indicators. Below that, the screen indicates resistance, amps, voltage, and a puff counter.
When the firing button is pressed, the puff counter counts how many seconds it was pressed and then goes back to counting the puffs.
The Geek Vape Z Sub-Ohm Tank
This tank from GeekVape is excellent, and there are no cons. It holds 5.5 ml of liquid if used with the bubble glass. The airflow control is controlled via the top airflow control ring, and it is also refilled from the top so that it does not have to be removed between refills.
Since the kit comes with low resistance coils, use liquids with high vegetable glycerin content, as they produce the highest amounts of clouds. 80/20 and 70/30 vegetable glycerin to propylene glycol juices will suffice.
GeekVape Zeus Z Coils
This GeekVape kit comes with two coils, 0.2 and 0.25 ohm Zeus Z Mesh Coils, both of which are excellent for producing plenty of flavor and clouds.
How Long Do the Coils Last?
These coils will last quite a long time if paired with the recommended liquids. Expect them to last one to two weeks or more, depending on how well they are primed and the liquids they are vaporizing.
Always remember to prime them first and let them soak in a liquid-filled vape tank for five to ten minutes before vaping.
How to Use the GeekVape Aegis Legend 2 Mod
Assuming the device is changed, the first thing to do is insert the coil. To do this, unscrew the base, push the coil into the tank, and then screw the base back on.
Remember to prime the coil with one or two dabs of nicotine liquid before putting it into the tank.
After inserting the coil, it is time to fill the tank.
- Unscrew the top cap, and then fill the tank via the fill slots on the slide.
- A syringe is the best tool for refilling because it causes less of a mess.
- Wipe away any excess juice and screw the top cap back on.
- Before vaping, allow five to ten minutes to pass so that the liquid has time to seep into the coils.
The type-c USB charge port is protected by a silicone covering. Lift the covering to expose it and plug in the type-c cable. Users should consider buying an external charger for their 18650s.
Step-by-Step Button Operation
- Five clicks to turn on/off
- Three clicks to enter the menu
- Hold the firing button to exit the menu mode
- Hold the firing button and up or down button to adjust the screen’s brightness
- Use the side switch to lock the settings
Competing Products in 2022
GeekVape Aegis Legend 2 vs the GeekVape Aegis X
- These are excellent 200 watt devices that can handle rough handling, but they have their respective advantages and disadvantages.
- The L200 Aegis Legend 2’s main advantage is that it handles temperature control better than the Aegis X, which cannot go to full wattage in this mode.
- The Aegis X’s main advantage is that it has a much larger screen that makes it easier to read.
- As for the price, the Legend 2 is slightly more affordable.
GeekVape Aegis Legend 2 vs VooPoo Drag X
- The VooPoo Drag X may look like a tank, but it is not. Drag X is a pod mod with a pod that resembles a tank.
- The Drag X’s advantage is that it comes with three coils, including a 0.15 ohm PnP-VM6 that can produce massive clouds. It is also much less expensive.
- However, it only powers to 80 watts.
- The L200 Aegis Legend 2 is much more powerful, which is its chief advantage.
GeekVape Aegis Legend 2 Specifications
|Dimensions:||140.05 x 54.12 x 29 mm|
|Battery Type:||Dual 18650s|
|Wattage Range:||5 to 200 Watts|
|Voltage Output:||12 Volts|
|Resistance Range:||0.1 to 3.0 ohms|
|Construction:||Zinc-Alloy and Rubber|
|IP68 Rating:||Water and Shock Resistant|
|Screen:||1.08 Inch TFT Color Display|
|Colors:||Silver, Grey, Red, Blue, Black, and Rainbow|
Geek Vape Z 2022 Sub-Ohm Tank Specifications
|Tank Capacity:||5.5 mL|
|Coils:||0.2 and 0.25 Z Coils (Press Fit)|
|Dual Slotted Top Airflow Control Ring:||✓|
- Dust, water, and shock-resistant
- High power output
- Multiple power modes
- Excellent tank for flavor and cloud production
- Sliding lock for locking the settings
- Needs more rubberized coating
Closing Thoughts About This New GeekVape Device
The L200 Aegis Legend 2 is undoubtedly worth every penny it costs. It is built to a tremendously high level, it is a 200 watt mod, and it comes with a tank and set of coils that produce high levels of clouds and flavor.
Other features to like are the silicone protected charge port and all the power modes. There is not much to criticize here, except that its predecessor had more rubber coating, making it more drop resistant than its successor.
We would like to hear your thoughts about this box mod or this review. Please leave a few words below in our comments section if there is anything you would like to say.