What is a vape pen?
A vape pen is a small, battery-powered, pen-shaped vaporizer that screws onto an atomizer equipped with a heating coil. The pen is loaded with an e-liquid, dry herb, or concentrate, that is then vaporized by the heating coil.
Best E-Liquid Vape Pens
The Mig Vapor Minion
When shopping around for a portable sub-ohm vape pen mod, the Mig Vapor Minion is a top contender. Featuring big clouds plus incredible favor, this gadget can produce sizable amounts of clouds and yield fantastic flavor. This ultrathin vape pen features high capacity battery (3000mAh) plus powerful 0.5-ohm kanthal coils.
- Big vapor
- Luscious flavor
- Massive 3000mAh battery life
- Simple to use, featuring non-adjustable wattage
- A slightly loose airflow adjuster
Halo Tracer Twist
The exclusive Tracer Twist vaporizer pen is available in five different colors and offers a massive 2300mAh battery with variable bypass and wattage modes that keep your pen charged all day long. For an amazing experience, try the Tracer Twist accessories.
Equipped with a vertical sub-ohm coil cloaked in organic cotton, the gadget is designed for maximum cloud production. It comes in a variety of resistances, both single and dual.
- Easily adjustable wattage
- Tasty flavor
- Rich vapor production
- Massive 2300mAh battery life
- Free 30ml Halo juice
- Large tank (4ml)
- 30W maximum
Best Dry Herb Vape Pens
V2 Pro Series 3 (3-in-1 Vaporizer)
The Series 3 utilizes an advanced atomizer and magnetic connections to produce huge vapor clouds. It’s equipped with a unique flat stove-top coil, which offers an increased surface area. The head coil’s funnel shape ensures that all your concentrates are properly vaporized, since they will make direct contact with the coil.
- Ease of use
- Ability to vape weed oils and e-liquids
- Several magnetic cartridges for different purposes
- Sleek, compact form factor
- 3-in-1 capability
- No wax or oil cartridge is provided (dry herb and e-liquid cartridges are included).
Best Vape Pens for Wax and Concentrates
If you’re looking for a wax vape pen that’s small but packs a huge punch, go for the KandyPens MiNi. The KandyPens’ exceptional features will certainly take your vaping experience to the next level. The pen’s battery life is great, and the micro-USB charging system can be attached to any of your mods.
If you’re a beginner, the KandyPen MiNi vaporizer is a perfect place to start. And if you already own an older KandyPen, the improvements on this model will make an upgrade worth your while. Apart from the price, it is difficult to find any fault with these vape pens. They pack a huge punch, particularly with the dual-quartz coils.
- Excellent battery life
- Smooth access to coils
- Dependable airflow
- Small but powerful
- It features a micro USB charging
- Easy to clean and maintain
- It’s quite expensive
The KandyPens Gravity is equipped with two coil options, either a dual-coil or coil-less atomizer chamber, to optimize its functionality. Even more appealing is the fact that is compatible with already existing Galaxy or KandyPens Donut atomizers, and you’ll obtain more airflow from them.
The advanced heat settings work efficiently, conserving concentrates while producing a smooth and tasty hit. With this vaporizer pen, you won’t get those disappointingly burnt hits at the end of your vaping session.
The upgraded airflow mechanisms, longer battery life, and friendly usability make the Gravity a very attractive vape pen. If you are looking for the best vaporizer to take your experience to the next level, check out this amazing device.
- Offers two coil options
- Amazing flavor
- Excellent battery life
- Discrete and elegant
- Effective and efficient
- Comes with a lifetime warranty on battery
- Comes with a lower heat setting of about 300°F
- Excellent airflow
- Doesn’t have micro-USB charging
- Relatively expensive
Why Choose a Vape Pen?
- Convenience & portability – Even those who own heavy-duty stationary vaporizers will want to be able to puff on a vape pen while on the move or in public places.
- Pricing & availability – Pens are a great, affordable way to enjoy vaping for under $20 before transitioning to a more advanced vaporizer starter kit.
- Rich flavors – E-liquid vape pens allow you to choose from several e-flavors and you can even mix flavors, creating endless possibilities of flavor combinations.
- Rechargeable – Vape pens can be recharged, which will save you money.
- Stealth vaping – Most vapers don’t like blowing huge clouds in public, but with dry herb vape pens, people will probably think it’s just an electronic cigarette.
Different Types of Vape Pens
There are three types of vaporizer pens depending on the type of material you use.
Vape Pens, AKA E-Cigarettes
The original and most popular type of vape pen is the one that uses e-juice, which comes in a many flavors and nicotine strengths. These pens are simple and have only a battery, heating element, cartridge, and mouthpiece. Although the flavor depends on the e-juice, the vape pen determines the amount and quality of vapor produced. In other words, the better that a pen is, the better experience it will offer.
Wax pens make dabbing, formerly a very involved process, easy and accessible to anyone. Just dab the waxy concentrates onto the pen, and vape away your favorite material.
Dry Herb Vape Pens
Because of the nature of the dry herbs, you can’t expect too much from your pen. Designing a device that’s tiny and yet also able to vaporize the stubborn herbs into vapor without causing combustion is difficult. While the full-fledged vaporizers (and especially vape mods) offer a decent herb vaping experience, pens are better suited for other materials. Only a handful of pens offer an experience that’s worth the price of the device.
Five Tips for Choosing the Best Vape Pen
- There is a tradeoff between size and battery life. If you want a more portable pen, you’ll have to compromise on battery. If you want to enjoy extended vaping sessions without having to recharge the pen frequently, you’ll have to settle for a bigger, less portable pen.
- Most of the latest pens can be charged with micro-USB, but some still don’t. Make sure to check out if the pen you’re considering offers this convenience.
- One important thing that many vapers, and especially beginners, don’t pay attention to is the airflow. The amount of airflow has a significant impact on the overall vaping experience of any pen. For a mouth-to-lung pen, you’ll want a pen that has a tight draw; and for more vapor but slightly less flavor, a pen with a lot of airflow is better.
- If you enjoy extended vaping sessions, make sure that the pen has a large cartridge and chamber, so you don’t run out of material too quickly.
- The most important factor, but also most difficult to figure out, is whether or not the pen is worth the price. Read the reviews to make sure that any pen is worth the investment you’re putting in, that it will have the effect you want and last for a long time.