The Drag X series of mods from VooPoo are medium output products that are well worth their prices. These vapes can boast of steady and heavy cloud production while delivering high amounts of flavor and excellent battery life.
Furthermore, they both come with pods that hold a lot of e-juice and use very low resistance coils. These box mods are excellent for all types of vapers because of their exceptional characteristics and low prices.
Table of Contents
VooPoo Drag X Plus Kit vs. Drag X Pod Vape
As the introduction indicates, these are both excellent mods with impressive specifications. It is impossible to say which is better.
- The VooPoo Drag X Plus’s best feature is likely that the kit is compatible with 21700 batteries, not only 18650s like the Drag X.
- The Plus battery life is much longer than its smaller counterpart, thanks to its 21700 compatibilities.
- This importance cannot be understated because the Plus has 20 watts more output.
- Finally, it has more juice capacity, which is a must considering that it has 100 watts of output.
There are some advantages to using the VooPoo Drag X, though.
- For one, it is less expensive, allowing the buyer to save between twenty and thirty dollars on the purchase.
- Secondly, Drag X has some vaping modes that enable users to gamify the vaping experience.
- This mode is called “score ranking mode.” It allows users to unlock achievement levels based on the cloud size.
- The levels are ranked from “iron” to “king”.
- With the Voopoo Drag x 510 adapters, you can switch your mod pod kits to the ordinary 510 threaded box mod kits.
How Does the VooPoo Drag X Plus Vape?
The Drag X Plus is a pleasure to vape. It has a high wattage capacity and low resistance coil, producing more than adequate vapor levels.
Additionally, the Voopoo Drag x Plus mod has several vaping modes, outstanding build quality, and a high-capacity pod with a high amount of juice capacity.
- Vapor production is high; after all, this is a 100-watt mod.
- The vapor above 70 watts starts to warm, but the ideal wattage level for the best and warmest clouds is 80 watts.
- The best wattage for a balance between vapor and flavor is between 70 and 75 watts.
The Drag X Plus comes with three power modes:
- Temperature control mode.
Temperature control has to be downloaded, and the firmware update is available at their site. Temperature control allows the user to choose nickel, titanium, and stainless steel modes.
Protection & Safety Features
- Over Temperature
- Over Discharge
- Max Power
The starter kit includes of the:
- The device
- A TPP pod tank
- Two coils
- Also, a type-c USB cable
- A user manual is included.
Internal Build Quality and Design
The designers did an excellent job building this product. Appearance-wise, it is an outstanding-looking mod. The leather grip gives it a rustic look and makes it comfortable to hold. The vape is also made from zinc-alloy, giving it a high degree of sturdiness.
Inside, the quality of the build is also exceptional. The internal design highlights that the battery has a stable 510 connection that makes it compatible with various tanks.
On the minus side is some leaking from the pod coil. The leaks are not excessive, but the user should be mindful of juice accumulating around the coil’s base.
As stated earlier, the VooPoo Drag X Plus is compatible with single 18650s and 21700s. However, a more powerful battery is necessary for those who plan on vaping above 80 watts.
Both batteries can last long if the vape is used in moderate settings. If used moderately, expect at least a full day’s worth of vaping.
Screen and Battery Level Indicators
Everyone should like the screen. It is big, bright, and easy to read. It has all the qualities a good screen should have. Battery life is displayed in the upper-right corner, and wattage is shown in the center. Below is the puff counter and all the information the user needs to know while vaping.
The TPP Pod Tank
The TPP Pod Tank is an impressive accessory to the Drag X Plus.
- It has a 5.5 ml juice capacity and comes with 0.15 and 0.2 ohm TPP coils.
- The tank is compatible with all TPP coils. Thanks to the 510 connection, the tank can be replaced, and RBAs can be used instead.
- Also, the drip tip is removable, and the tank uses plug-and-play coil insertion.
- The TPP tank is ideal for direct-to-lung vaping with the coils included in the kid. It also provides perfect restricted lung hits.
- Mouth-to-lung hits can be achieved if the product is used with a PnP tank.
The only drawback is that the tank is filled from the bottom. Therefore, top-fill systems are much more convenient and easier to use.
The ideal juices will be anything with more than 70 percent vegetable glycerin. These juices will achieve higher cloud production than any other nicotine liquid.
How Long Do the Coils Last?
The coils will last a long time if used with nicotine liquids that are not super sweet. Also, much depends on how well the coils are primed.
Always give them adequate time to prime by wetting them with liquid and then putting them into the tank.
Fill the tank and allow five minutes for them to soak. Doing this will significantly reduce the occurrence of burn and dry hits, thus extending their life.
How to Use the Mod
This mod is easy to use. The tank is refilled from the bottom of the pod, and the coils are inserted into the base. The pod screws onto the connection, and it stays very secure.
- Firstly charge the battery and prime the coil.
- Since the mod has a USB-C connection, it will charge quickly.
- When the wicking is exposed, prime the coils by dripping small amounts of juice.
- Next, insert the coils, fill the pod, and prime it for five to ten minutes.
- When the mod is charged and the pod is ready, put them together and turn on the vape.
- Also, remember that the drip tip is removable and can be replaced if it does not fit the user’s preference.
VooPoo Drag X Plus Button Combinations
- To turn it on and off, push the firing button five times
- Push three times to switch between modes
- Touch both adjustment buttons to bring up the UI menu and choose the UI settings.
- For UI settings confirmation, hold the firing button
- To lock or unlock the device, hold the firing button and top adjustment
- To rest the puff counter, hold the firing and bottom adjustment button to rest the puff counter
- Hold both adjustment buttons to enter temperature control mode
How Does the VooPoo Drag X Vape?
Readers should not think that the VooPoo Drag X is a slouch because it is underpowered compared to its big brother. Yes, it has a smaller tank and does not use 21700s, but it still delivers an outstanding vaping experience.
It is also less expensive, as pointed out earlier.
Anyone who wants an inexpensive vape that can be depended on to deliver satisfying vapor and flavor levels will appreciate this product.
The mod has fully adjustable airflow and is ideal for direct-to-lung vaping, and it is also restrictive enough for mouth-to-lung vaping.
This vape uses very low resistance coils like the Drag X Plus so that users can puff vast amounts of warm vapor.
- The 0.15 ohm PnP coil does an excellent job of producing warm to hot vapor, as do the slightly higher resistance 0.3 ohm PnP coils.
- With either coil, expect to blow big amounts of clouds every time.
The mod comes with smart mode, allowing the vape to recognize coils and adjust the wattage accordingly. The mod also has RBA mode, giving the user more control over the power settings.
Also, the score ranking mode allows the user to track cloud size by unlocking achievements every time a larger cloud is blown. This is not a power mode, but it is fun to talk about.v
Protection & Safety Features
- Max Power
- Output Overcurrent
- Over Discharge
- Over Temperature
- Reverse Battery Connection
This starter kit also comes with everything the user needs to vape. Upon opening the kit, the user sees:
- The Vape
- Two Coils
- User Manual
- a USB-C charging cable
Internal Build and Design Quality
There are no critical problems with the build and design. It is made of zinc-alloy, it does not rattle, and all the buttons are clicky and responsive. In terms of looks, it is even better than the Drag X Plus.
What puts it over the top in this category is the new grips VooPoo is coming out with. They are called “knight” colors, one of which features the Union Jack.
The Drag X is only compatible with single 18650s, but do not worry. This is an 80-watt mod, and the best settings are well under 80 watts.
This product should last at least seven to eight hours if used moderately. It can last longer, depending on how often it is vaped.
Also, recharging is fast, thanks to the USB-C charging port and cable.
Screen and Battery Level Indicators
This color display screen is just as good as the one on its colleague. Moreover, it is an exemplary screen that is easily discernible and bright enough to read in the sunlight.
The battery life, wattage, and everything else are displayed in the same places as on the other screen. However, the battery indicator could be more accurate.
The Pod Tank
This tank is as good as the larger 5.5 ml one used by the other mod. The significant difference is that this one uses PnP coils and holds 4.5 ml of nicotine liquid. Again, it is refilled from the bottom.
The coils are also inserted into the bottom, and getting them in and out is easy. As stated earlier, this pod is great for mouth-to-lung and direct-to-lung vaping.
The only problem is that there is no setting in-between. In addition, it would have been nice if the airflow adjustment tab had supported restricted lung hits.
Since these coils are super low resistance, 70/30 or higher vegetable glycerin to propylene glycol nicotine liquids are the best to use.
They produce much better flavor and vapor levels than 60/40 and 50/50 juices.
How Long Do the Coils Last?
PnP coils are well-known to be long-lasting. Usually, they can last one to two weeks. However, sometimes they can last longer if the user does a good job breaking them in.
To ensure that these coils last as long as possible, prime the same way as earlier pointed out, and do not use overly sweet liquids.
How to Use the Vape
This mod is very intuitive and easy to figure out.
- First, prime the coil and stick it into the pod’s bottom, then lift the refilling plug, top the pod off with liquid, and reinsert the plug when done.
- Then insert the battery and recharge it if necessary.
- When primed and the battery charged, turn on the mod and start vaping.
- Click the firing button five times to turn it on.
- To reset the puff counter, push the firing and minus buttons.
- To lock or unlock the device, press the plus button
- To switch modes, touch the firing button three times
FreeMax Maxus Max
The FreeMax Maxus Max weighs 200g and has a 5ml content retention capacity that contains nicotine. The device is made with a two-side airflow control to allow the users to control air flows perfectly. In addition, it has circuit, voltage, overheating, and charging protections. Maxus Max size is 43/30.9/128.5mm, and its wattage is 168W. There are also four modes of coil resistance for the four models of the FreeMax Maxus Max.
SMOK RPM 40 Pod Mod Kit
The SMOK RPM 40 Mod Pod combines a pod device and box mod. The device is small (25/25/29mm) and generates power from a 1500mah battery. It also generates wattage up to 40W. The vaping device is in seventeen different colors and has a cuboid shape.
Furthermore, SMOK RPM 40 Mod Pod is made with a 0.96-inch screen that presents data and statistics of different components of the device, such as resistance, wattage, puff number, battery level, etc. The vaping tool has a 4.3ml content retention capacity, and its e-juice contains nicotine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the VooPoo Drag X Plus Kit Any Good?
Yes, it is an excellent mod, and so is the smaller VooPoo Drag X. Their affordability and how the pods interact with the coils to produce high levels of clouds are their main selling points.
Also, the airflow is as good, if not better, than most competing mods out there. One also cannot discount the form factor, appearance, and battery life.
It is hard to go wrong choosing either of these mods. Are there better products out there? Of course, but for the price and the features, these are some of the best mods on the market.
What Is the Best Coil for the Drag X Plus?
The answer to this question depends on the user’s preferences. This writer prefers using pre-made coils with low resistances. In this case, the 0.15 ohm coil is the best.
All the user has to do is push it into the pod and start vaping. Plus, it produces enormous amounts of vapor, and the flavor is pretty good, too.
How to Update Voopoo Drag X?
To update a Voopoo Drag X device, the first thing to do is visit the Voopoo software DL site. On the site, select Drag X and D/L software. Download it on PC and then download and install the Voopoo update. Next, open the update on your PC and connect the PC to the Voopoo Drag X device.
Also, ensure to use the USB cable that came with the device. Finally, inside the downloaded update, click install, and the update is done.
What Is the Battery Life of Voopoo Drag X?
The Voopoo Drag X has a battery of 18650. Specifically, the number of days the battery uses may not be accurate as people use the device more often than each other. However, the battery in the device will last any user to full pods before running down.
How to Change Screen Color on Voopoo Drag X?
Press the fire button on the Voopoo Drag X device three times quickly. This will change the interface’s color from yellow to blue, showing that the device has been changed to Voopoo Drag X RBA mode.
The screen color can also be changed on the Voopoo Drag X vaping tool by changing the screen’s theme. It requires simultaneously hitting the “+” and “-” buttons for about 2 seconds. After that, the option to change the theme will pop up. Then go on and select your preferred choice of theme; that’s it! The task is done.
What Happens If You Change Vape Coil?
When a coil becomes overdue in a vaping device, the result it produces thenceforth becomes unsatisfactory. The taste becomes unfriendly and burnt.
Therefore, when the vape coil is changed, it eradicates all sorts of sore or burnt tastes produced by the device and offers a user-friendly and fresh taste again.
Voopoo Drag X, How to Change the Settings?
The following are the ways that you can change different settings in Voopoo Drag X:
- Click the “fire button” five times to power your device on or off. The same fire button can equally be used to switch between modes.
- Click and hold the top button along with the power button to lock or unlock the device.
- To see the statistics of puff counting, click and hold both up and bottom buttons simultaneously.
- To clear the puff counter, click and hold the bottom button alongside the power button.
- Press and hold the three buttons concurrently to set the time on the device.
- For time settings, you can adjust the top and down buttons.
How to Set Time on Voopoo Drag X?
To set time on Voopoo Drag X, simultaneously hold the three buttons – power, up, and down. The time has to be put to have accurate statistics of the number of puffs the user takes in a day. A graph usually shows it, but time has to be correct for it to present accurate data.
How to Clean Voopoo Drag X Tank?
These four simple steps should be taken to wash a Voopoo Drag X tank easily:
- Get rid of the remnant e-liquid substances in the tank.
- Take out the coil inside the device to avoid getting spoilt when the device is put inside water.
- Get the tank soaked in warm water for a few minutes.
- Take it out of the warm water and dry it with delicate materials such as paper towels or a soft cloth.
Can You Use Salt Nic in Voopoo Drag X?
The Voopoo Drag X is everything good it is called. The device is sophisticated and versatile with many features. As such, with the PnP compatibility coils designed in the device, a user can enjoy various vaping of any e-juice that contains salt nic.
|VooPoo Drag X Plus Kit|
|Dimensions:||141 x 35 x 29 mm|
|Battery Compatibility:||18650 / 21700|
|Pod:||TPP Pod Tank 5.5 mL|
|Coils:||0.15 ohm mesh - TPP-DM1 and 0.2 ohm mesh - TPP-DM 2|
|Wattage:||5W to 100W|
|Modes:||RBA and Smart|
|Screen:||Color 0.96 Inch TFT Display|
|VooPoo Drag X|
|Dimensions:||95 x 32.5 x 28 mm|
|Pod:||4.5 mL PnP Pod Tank|
|Coils:||0.15 Ohm PnP-VM6 and 0.3 Ohm PnP-VM1|
|Wattage:||5W - 80W|
|Modes:||RBA and Smart|
The Voopoo Drag X Pros & Cons
- Full-color screen
- Light in weight
- High-performance capability
- Refillable pod
- Airflow can be adjusted and altered on it
- Only contains 2ml of e-juice
Voopoo Drag X Plus Pros & Cons
- High atomization efficiency
- Heats up quickly
- Adjustable power output
- 5.5ml of e-juice capacity
- Users can go beyond the power limit with the Voopoo Drag X RBA mode
- Bottom-filled pods
Closing Thoughts About the VooPoo Drag X Pod System
There are several things to complain about after thoroughly analyzing these vapes from VooPoo. They have excellent features, notably great coils, pods, battery life, and cloud production. Of course, there are a few drawbacks.
They occasionally leak, but the main thing is that they are bottom-filled. Bottom-filled pods and tanks are inconvenient to refill. No vape is perfect, but these products are about as perfect as vapes can get.