The Augvape Druga 24mm RDA kit is an innovative new system that utilizes the first user-friendly clamp snap system. Coils can be changed out quickly, and it is easier to put together, resulting in the ability to use a variety of coils on the deck.
The RDA measures 24mm in diameter, and it uses a 24 karat gold build deck that uses 304 stainless steel. It also has efficient airflow that goes straight to the coil, resulting in a more refreshing and tastier vapor stream.
Another positive is that it uses an Ultem drip tip that makes the draw even cooler while increasing the flavor.
Table of Contents
Augvape Druga RDA Review
When talking about the Augvape Druga RDA kits, vapers cannot help but talk about the clamp snag system.
- The clamp snag system consists of open-topped post holes that use hand or screwdriver tightened screws.
- They are then clamped onto the deck with a screwdriver.
- There is no screwdriver in the kit, but any Phillips head screwdriver from a local hardware store will do.
Airflow on the Druga RDA is terrific, thanks to the dual Cyclops airflow. The airflow can be easily adjusted once the RDA is properly broken in and primed. The post holes are slightly more than 2 mm wide.
Also, because the RDA is for dual airflow only, it will only work well with double coil builds. Finally, it is squonk compatible, and a squonk pin is included with the kit.
Appearance-wise, the Druga RDA is not a bad-looking device. It measures 24mm in diameter so that it will look good on any sized mod.
Also, it is very compact and short-looking. Even though it is a little stumpy, it is still a good-looking little RDA with its silver-colored logo and various color patterns.
Augvape Druga RDA Starter Kit
The package from Augvape comes with everything a vaper would expect to find.
- First, there is the Druga RDA, followed by a hex key and Ultem and Delrin drip tips.
- There is also a squonk pin, a 510 adapter, and a spare set of o-rings.
RDA Tank Design and Internal Build Quality
The quality and design of Augvape products are impressive, and it is not an exaggeration to say they are the Toyota of the vaping industry. The Druga RDA is no exception.
The build’s quality is superb, and as for the exterior design, it has a practical look that conveys that it is a workhorse.
The only thing on the vape tank that stands out is the silver logo, and even that is very low-key. In terms of build quality, the top cap could have been made better. There is no knurling, so getting it off can be tough, especially if it has not been removed for a few days.
How to Use the Augvape Druga RDA
Use the Druga on any mod that is 510 compatible. It will work on most vape mods, so users should find the one they think is best. Getting the coil onto the deck can be tricky, but it does not have to be.
- First off, install one coil at a time and tighten the deck screws.
- Next, trim the leads and pull the coil off.
- Repeat this process with the next coil.
- After getting both coils ready, install them together.
- When tightening the screws, make sure one lead lays over the other.
- Once this process gets nailed down, installing the coil becomes easier and less time-consuming.
How Does the Augvape Druga RDA Perform?
Wicking the vape tank is easy, and there is a large 6 mm juice well, so there is plenty of room for cotton and juice.
When vaping between 40 and 50 watts, the flavor starts to improve, and the clouds start to get very puffy. But, vapers who want to ramp up flavor and cloud production should vape between 50 and 75 watts.
Also, with the airflow half-closed to fully open, the vapor’s temperature ranges from warm to hot, which improves the flavor significantly. When running low on juice, just put a few drips down the drip tip. There will be no spills, leaks, or messes.
RDA Build Deck Overview
The Druga’s build deck is highly innovative, utilizing thumb screws that screw onto twin posts. The leads can be secured to the posts by tightening down those screws. A screwdriver or fingers can be used.
To make sure they are fully secured to the post, tighten them with a screwdriver.
- Technically, the user can go toolless when tightening the screws, but it is difficult to get them tight enough using fingers alone.
- Use the screwdriver to be on the safe side.
- There is only one terminal on each post, but they are large enough to put a sizable coil on them. Additionally, the deck measures 24mm, and there is 20 mm of space with which to work when installing the coil.
The 510 pin can be traded out with the squonk pin included with the box. There is a hex key for making removing and putting back on easier. Also, if there is ever the need, the vape tank can be disassembled completely.
Druga RDA Wire Type
- The Druga is a dual airflow vape tank, so it will only handle dual coils.
- The RDA cannot support a single coil build.
Best Coils to Use in the Druga RDA
The best coil to use is a 23 mm ribbon. As for the coil’s composition, that depends on the preferences of the user and the specifications and requirements of the mod.
As a general rule, vapers who plan to vape in wattage mode should use kanthal or nichrome coils. Kanthal coils are the best choice of the two because they are easy to bend and shape.
Users who plan on using temperature control mode should use nickel, titanium, and stainless steel coils. Titanium is the best of these three because, like kanthal, titanium is easier to work with. Plus, the flavor from titanium coils is outstanding.
Druga RDA Clone vs. Authentic - How to Spot a Clone
It is easy to get fooled by a clone when shopping for a real Druga from Augvape, but there are several ways to differentiate between the genuine article and fakes. The easiest way to find a real RDA is the shape of the package.
An authentic product comes in a package shaped like a canister. Also, the Augvape logo on the tank is made of silver, and it has large posts.
Clones come in a square box. Also, the Augvape logo is not silver. Commonly, fakes have gold-colored Augvape logos, and the logo is larger than that which is on the real Drug. Also, the posts on the fakes are skinnier and longer.
Druga vs. Goon RDA Vape Tank
- The Druga is similar to the Goon in terms of airflow, but the Druga’s screwable post system is much better.
- Also, building on the Druga is easier since most of the work can be done with the fingers, thanks to the posts’ knurled tops.
- Another difference is that the Druga has a deeper juice well, which is good news for squonkers. Anyone who liked using Goon will definitely like the Druga RDA.
Druga vs. Dead Rabbit RDA Vape Tank
- These tanks are both similar in size and capability.
- The tanks both offer an excellent vape experience.
- But, the Dead Rabbit can support single and dual coil configurations, while the Druga only supports double builds.
- The building quality of the Druga is slightly better than that of the Dead Rabbit.
- The reason why is that the Druga has higher sides around the deck, which makes the top cap less prone to wiggling and leaking onto vape mods.
Druga RDA Specifications
|Drip Tips:||Ultem and Delrin|
|Deck Diameter:||20 mm|
|Construction:||304 stainless steel|
|Juice Well:||6 mm|
Pros & Cons
- Excellent flavor and vapor production
- Compatible with squonk mods
- 510 compatible
- Excellent drip tip
- Good price
- No screwdriver included with the kit
- The heads of screws are shallow
- Top cap not knurled
Final Thoughts about the Augvape Druga RDA Kits
Augvape did a fantastic job when they made the Druga RDA, giving it an excellent deck that is easy to put together on once the user gets the hang of it. Plus, it has excellent flavor and produces huge clouds.
Also, the airflow is great, allowing for tight and hot drags or cool and airy ones on all mods. Yes, figuring out the coil installation was a learning curve, but every RDA has pros and cons like that.
Readers who have comments about the Druga RDA are more than welcome to leave a comment. Please let us know what you think about the wires, drip tips, vapor quality, or anything else you think stands out on this RDA tank from Augvape.
Leave a comment