The New Volcano Hybrid desktop vaporizer release date was on June 2019. Since then, it has attracted a lot of attention. The new updated version of the well-known and familiar Volcano vaporizer dismissed prognoses. It became the most futuristic and promising desktop vaporizer on the market.
This Volcano desktop vaporizer is the latest incarnation to come out of the workshop of Storz and Bickel. Its revolutionary design is capable of supporting whip vaping and balloons, giving it a lot of versatility.
Table of Contents
Volcano Classic vs. Volcano Hybrid
In 2000, the Volcano Classic was one of the first desktop vaporizers in the world. But in 2019, Storz & Bickel created a completely new desktop vaporizer – Volcano Hybrid. And it exceeded all expectations! There are some differences between them. Let’s see.
- Vapor Production: both devices have excellent vapor quality and performance. The clouds are dense and smooth, and the flavor is very rich and clean. However, the Hybrid with a new dynamic heating system allows enjoying more quality vapor.
- Heat-up-time: the heat-up time for Classic is from one to three minutes, and for the Hybrid is only up to 40 seconds. It heats up so fast with this improved double helix heat exchanger.
- Temperature Range: the original device has a temperature of 130°C (266°F) to 230°C (446°F), while the Hybrid has 40°C (104°F) to 230°C (446°F) F. This is a significant advantage because you can use as well as oils, herbs and also concentrates.
- Manufacturing Quality: the new Hybrid has the biggest improvement, a Tube kit (actually, that’s why it’s called a “hybrid”). It allows you to have a long vaping session and makes it easier to use. The Hybrid convection and conduction heating system is very functional as it produces the most efficient vapor production than any other method.
In general, the Hybrid has all the features that the Classic has, but with some improvements. It has much the same appearance, having an elegant, retro look that the Volcano Hybrid vaporizer does have. The most significant difference, though, is the intelligence of the Hybrid vaporizer. As a result, the Volcano Classic is like an old-fashioned hand-controlled TV. And the Volcano Hybrid vaporizer is a modern version with smart tv and a Netflix subscription.
The Hybrid heats up quickly and is app compatible. Also, is has several other features that make it an excellent purchase. The new Volcano is a big vaporizer that is great for table settings where a group of friends can get together and smoke a bowl in the privacy of one’s home or flat.
The Volcano Hybrid Overview
Volcano Hybrid vaporizer has a hybrid inhalation system. It supports whip and traditional balloon-style vaping.
The front of the device has a large digital display that makes it easy to monitor its status. A 100-watt heater propels the vapor through the vape, bringing great flavor from the herb without causing combustion.
This heater ramps very quickly, heating the herb in 60 to 120 seconds. Finally, it has an app that makes the settings control more easily.
The Volcano Hybrid vaporizer might look like the previous model because of its black and silver body and pyramid design. But the digital touch screen is what separates it from its predecessors. Because of this brand new interface, it is now easier to control the functions. For example, the display tells the user what the temperature and power levels are.
The Volcano Classic models utilized bags for the vapor, but the Hybrid vaporizer uses a whip in addition to a bag system. The whip is a long and bendy tube through which the user inhales the vapor.
The main advantage of choosing the whip over the bag is that the vapor cools down as it flows through the tube. Thus, it allows the user to focus more on the flavor rather than the heat. The Hybrid is quite expensive and not very portable. It can cost upwards to $699, but the price is worth it with all of these features.
The Volcano Hybrid is expensive, but it is cumbersome, and it does not have a battery. It gets its power from a wall socket. This Volcano vaporizer is strictly for desktop vaping.
Volcano Hybrid Vapor Quality
Whether one uses the whip or the balloon, it produces cool and high-quality vapor. In addition, it will encapsulate the flavor of whatever herb is loaded into the unit.
The Volcano Hybrid vaporizer also provides a lot of vapor, and the amount of vapor can be adjusted by controlling the fan. As a result, cloud chasers and flavor lovers will both be satisfied with the Hybrid’s performance.
What Comes with the Volcano Hybrid Kit?
The new Volcano kit comes with a full set of equipment.
- It comes with the vaporizer itself and three Easy Valve balloons that each have a mouthpiece.
- One of the balloons even comes with an adapter.
- It has a whip, power cord, air filter, and an herb mill.
- It also has a filling chamber with a cap, screen, drip pad, and a brush for cleaning.
Internal Building Quality and Design
It is a German-built and designed piece of vaping machinery. Germany is well known as an excellent exporter of finished goods. The Volcano Hybrid vaporizer is no different.
Also, it has a simple design that has easily available spare parts. It is easy to clean, too. To clean it, just brush the screen and the vaporizing platform. If anything does go wrong, the Volcano Hybrid vaporizer has a three-year warranty.
Volcano Hybrid Accessories
The new Volcano has a lot of other accessories that make using the device more convenient. For example, it comes with dosing capsules prefilled with herbs and placed in the heater. Also, these capsules were used for the Crafty and Mighty vaporizers. Using them makes it easier to vape.
The filling set allows the user to fill up to forty capsules at once. In addition, it makes refilling the capsules easier and less aggravating. The filling set also comes with a grinder and a containing that can hold up to eight of these capsules.
Another accessory the new Volcano vaporizer can use is a filling chamber reducer. Using this allows the user to put a smaller amount of dry herbs in the oven. Users can buy the reducer on its own, or it can come with the chamber. It is also capable of supporting the dosing capsules.
How to Use the Volcano Hybrid Vaporizer
There are two ways to use the Hybrid:
- When vaping with the balloon, take off the filling chamber cap and put the dry herbs inside. Then place the filling chamber over the hot air outlet and turn it to the right.
- Once this is done, choose the temperature and let it heat up. Next, attach the balloon to the filling chamber, turn on the pump, and let the balloon fill up.
- Once it is full, turn the chamber cap to the left and remove the balloon and filling chamber. Then, put the mouthpiece of the balloon to your lips and take in the vapor.
- To do this with the whip, repeat the first three steps from the previous paragraph. Once the herbs are heated to the chosen temperature, attach the whip to the filling chamber and turn the pump off. When the pump is turned off, inhale from the mouthpiece.
These tips for using the Volcano vaporizer are no substitute for reading the instructions. First, read the instructions to get a fuller idea of using the Volcano Hybrid correctly and always get the best results. Doing so will prevent accidents and damage to the device that could void the warranty.
The Volcano Hybrid App
The app is connected to the Hybrid via Bluetooth. Thus, it can be used to perform many functions without using the buttons on the Hybrid itself. In addition, the app allows the user to control nearly every setting, including power and temperature control.
The app can also control things like the speed of the fans when it powers off while allowing the user to customize heating across a specified time frame. It also provides useful information about how the Volcano vaporizer is doing. For example, it lets the user know the speed of the fan and the temperature. In addition, it has helpful information on how best to use the Volcano vaporizer.
The app is also compatible with the Crafty vaporizer. And it is compatible with iPhone and Android operating systems. Users can download them on the App Store and Google Play free of charge.
The Volcano Hybrid’s Competitors
Volcano Hybrid vs. Plenty Vaporizer
The Plenty is another device that Storz and Bickel manufacture. However, it provides excellent results for those who use it.
The advantage of using Plenty is that it has straightforward temperature controls. Set the heat on a scale of one to seven, and then start vaping through the tube. This device is a desktop vape for people who are looking for something easy to use. It is also much cheaper, selling for under $300. Those who want something with more settings and accessories should look into getting the Volcano Hybrid vaporizer instead.
Volcano Hybrid Vaporizer vs. Mighty Vaporizer
Storz and Bickel also make the Mighty, and it vaporizes herbs and concentrates very well. It is a vape pen Volcano Hybrid!
The most significant difference is that it is smaller and much more portable. While small, it is not like having a pod mod. The thing is gigantic and does not fit the hand well. In addition, it is made out of plastic, and some people might be wary of buying a device made out of plastic because of its propensity to melt over time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Volcano Still the Best Vaporizer?
The Volcano is certainly one of the best desktop vaporizers in its class, even though there are many other desktop vaporizers that have a similar level of performance. Whether the Volcano is the best vaporizer overall is hard to say.
The Volcano is for dedicated users who have the resources and willingness to spend a lot of money on a top-of-the-line device. But many other portable devices are better suited to the casual user who has a limited budget and does not need the performance and output that the Volcano can produce.
How to Reset My Volcano Hybrid Vaporizer?
To reset a Volcano Hybrid vaporizer to its original factory settings users need to:
- Turn on the device
- Find and press the “HEAT” button for 10 seconds
- After 10 seconds, the LED will show a confirmation message that the device has been reset
Does the Volcano Hybrid Work With Concentrates?
The new Volcano Hybrid does work with concentrates (both solid and liquid concentrates like oil) on top of supporting dry herb vaping. The new device features a liquid pad attachment that users can install into the heating chamber that accepts solid and liquid concentrates.
How Do You Dab With a Hybrid Volcano?
To dab with the Volcano Hybrid vaporizer users need to first install the liquid pad that comes with the device that supports concentrates. With the pad installed, users can:
- Load the pad with their preferred amount of concentrates
- Start the device to heat it to its preferred temperature
- Once it has reached temperature, users can load the liquid pad into the heating chamber
- Using the balloon or whip-style of inhalation users can then inhale the aerosol
What Temperature Is Best for a Volcano Vaporizer?
The best temperature for the Volcano vaporizer depends on the user’s preferences as different temperatures yield different results. The Volcano has a temperature range of 40 to 230C and comes preset at 350F (or 176C), which is a good starting point for most vapers.
But the Volcano Hybrid also has precision temperature control so users can play around with their preferences to find the right one.
How Long Does It Take a Volcano Vaporizer to Heat Up?
The Volcano vaporizer has one of the fastest heat-up times for a desktop vaporizer. It takes the device less than a minute (around 40 seconds, to be more precise) for the temperature to reach at least 180C or 350F. No matter the temperature setting, however, the device still takes less than a minute to reach that temperature.
Volcano Hybrid Vaporizer Specifications
|Size:||18 x 20 x 20 cm|
|Heating time:||40 sec|
|Temperature Control:||104°F - 446°F|
|Chamber Capacity:||0.75 grams|
|Chamber Material:||Stainless steel|
Pros & Cons
- Lots of accessories
- Very portable and easy to use
- Smart and functional design
- Bluetooth app compatible
- Mobile app cross compatible with Crafty
- Lots of vapor production, pure and clean flavor
- Automatically turns off after 30 minutes of inactivity
Conclusion: Is the Volcano Hybrid Vaporizer Worth it?
The Hybrid vaporizer is a high-end device that is suitable for vaping at home alone or with friends. While it is possible to carry it around in a backpack and take it somewhere, it is ideal for gatherings of friends who like to vape in different ways. Hence, why it comes with whips and balloons. These accessories give it a lot of versatility that makes it great for vapers of all kinds.
With its Android and iPhone compatible apps, the huge amount of accessories, and excellent flavor and vapor production, this monster of a vape is excellent for every vape collection.
We welcome thoughtful and informative comments from readers who have used the Volcano Hybrid vaporizer. Please tell our other readers and us about your vaping experience.