The Vaporesso Luxe QS is the most recent addition to Vaporesso’s “Luxe” lineup, joining the Luxe, Luxe S, Luxe 80, and the original Luxe Q. The vape’s body is designed with a holographic in-mold labeling pattern and vertical lines, giving it an upscale appearance and feel.
It is allegedly named the QS to imply “cute but strong,” referring to the potency of its flavor and vapor despite its small size. Continue reading to find out if this pod vape lives up to the hype.
Table of Contents
Vaporesso Luxe QS Overview
Vaporesso redesigned the Luxe Q into the Luxe QS for restricted direct-to-lung (RDL) vaping. Depending on the pod mesh used and the selected airflow, it is also suitable for mouth-to-lung (MTL) vaping. Although the drag is better for MTL, some users may find the flat mouthpiece uncomfortable.
The vapor production on this device is superb. The specific innovative method used in the production of the device preserves the flavor of the e-juice and makes it last 50% longer than the average generic vape.
Vaporesso Luxe QS Vs. Luxe Q Vs. Luxe X
The Luxe Q, X, and QS may fall into the same line in Vaporesso’s vaping product (Luxe) brand, but they are not merely external redesigns of the same pod system. Instead, Vaporesso modified different features to achieve varying objectives and even improved the specifications of earlier models to create the latter.
- The first and most obvious distinction between the Luxe X and QS pods is their size, with the X being bigger than the QS. The Luxe X’s larger size affords the device a more powerful battery with a 1500 mAh capacity.
- Another significant feature difference is that the X has a fire button, whereas the QS is drawn-activated. Also, the Vaporesso Luxe QS is a top-filled pod, while the Luxe X is a bottom-filled pod.
- On the other hand, the QS and Q share more similarities than differences. The latter is an upgrade on the former.
- The Luxe Q is only compatible with the 0.8 ohm and 1.2 ohm mesh pods included in its kit, but the Luxe QS is compatible with the two mesh carts in its kit and the other two that come in the Vaporesso Luxe Q kit. Consequently, the Luxe QS provides the user with four distinct mesh coil options.
The Contents of the Kit
The vape kit includes the device and other useful accessories. The kit contains all of the following items.
- Vaporesso Luxe QS Pod
- 0.6-ohm Mesh Pod (preinstalled)
- 1.0-ohm Mesh Pod (in box)
- USB Type-C cable
- User Guide
- Warranty card
Internal Building & Design
The pod system features the Vaporesso SSS leak-resistant proprietary technology, which prevents e-liquid leakage during vaping.
The cartridge is designed with Vapresso’s patented COREX Heating Technology, which enhances the flavor and makes it long-lasting. Also, the build quality of the body feels luxurious thanks to the holographic IML patterns and the funky metallic coating on the back.
Considering how slim the device is, the battery’s 1000 mAh capacity is quite impressive. The device also provides the user with a quick-charging vaping device, charging completely in just one hour. The battery charges at a rate of 1A via USB Type C.
The vape does not have a screen but a basic LED light that serves as a battery level indicator. The LED can display three different light colors, depending on the current status of the battery.
- Green: Battery is between 100% and 70% charged.
- Orange: Battery level between 70% and 30%.
- Red: The battery level is below 30%.
The device is fully draw-activated. There is no button on the device; instead, the intricate mechanism built into the pod activates the atomizer in response to the air pressure generated by the user’s inhalation on the mouthpiece. The battery indicator light comes on with each successful draw from the pod.
It also supports pass-through charging, which is not a feature in many pods. So, if the user wants to take a quick puff while their pod is still charging, this feature will come in handy.
Unfortunately, the coil cannot be replaced because it is part of a closed pod system. This means that the pod must be discarded once the coil has burned out. When this happens, the user would be able to tell by the burnt taste of the vapor when they used the vape.
How Long Do Coils Last
Although Vaporesso coils do not last forever, they have a longer life span than other brands. Vape coils should last about two weeks and possibly longer if the vape pen is well maintained.
Steps to Use The Vaporesso Luxe QS Pod
The device is simple to use if the instructions below are followed correctly.
- The 0.6-ohm mesh pod would be preinstalled in the pod. First, detach the pod from the vape’s body and remove the plastic covering from under the pods. This step only has to be done once.
- To fill in the e-juice, snap the mouthpiece on top of the device to one side to open it up.
- On opening, a rubber gasket covers the hole for filling. Simply insert the pin of your e-juice can into this covered hole to fill the carteidge. The other hole on the pod serves as an air escape valve rather than a fill port.
- Wait 3-5 minutes after filling the tank with e-juice for the coil and wick to be saturated.
- Put the mouthpiece back into the pod and back into the vape’s body.
- You can now inhale and enjoy a savory vaping experience by placing the mouthpiece in your mouth.
How to Adjust the Airflow
Users can choose between two standard airflow options. One is open, while the other is more restricted. The airflow option is determined by where the device is placed. To adjust the airflow, remove the pod, flip the sides, and fix it back in.
Competitors on the Market
Luxe QS Vs. Uwell Cravat
Uwell Cravat is an impressive, sleek, lightweight, and portable vaping device. Due to its low wattage, it is ideal for any e-liquid with a high nicotine strength.
However, Uwell may have gone overboard with the size of this particular pod. The Uwell operates on a meager 300mAh battery, sacrificing battery life for size. The Vaporesso Luxe QS has over three times the battery capacity of the Cravat.
Also, just like every other thing on the Uwell Cravat, the airflow is small, which would be a deal breaker for many vapers.
Vaporesso Luxe QS Vs. VOOPOO Vmate Infinity
The Voopoo Vmate Infinity has an aluminum alloy body that feels super cool to hold and gives a similar luxurious vibe to the QS. Despite its larger size, it has a battery capacity of only 900 mAh, which is less than that of the QS.
The QS has two more color variations than the Vmate Infinity. Although color variations may seem to be a minor feature, some vapers prefer having more color options to choose from.
Vaporesso Luxe QS Specifications
|91.9mm x 26mm x 16.5mm
|Rechargeable 1000mAh internal
|0.6 ohm and 1.0 ohm
|No buttons device is draw-activated:
|USB Type-C charging port
|Black, Silver, Blue, Lime, Sunset Violet, Flame Red
- It is suitable for sub-ohm vaping (with the 0.6-ohm mesh pod)
- It is sleek and compact
- Provides two airflow options
- 50% longer flavor retention than the average vaping device
- For easy identification, the two mesh pods have different colored bases
- It is a single-use pod
- Rudimentary airflow control
The Vaporesso’s build quality is so excellent that it could even pass for a work of art or a collectible. It has excellent vapor production in terms of quantity and quality.
While it was designed for both RDL and MTL vaping, it is best suited for MTL vaping because the airflow may feel slightly restricted for many RDL vapers.
Have you tried the Vaporesso Luxe QS pod kit? Do you think it is unique enough from the Luxe Q? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.