//How to Cleanse Your Lungs From Smoking
How to Cleanse Your Lungs From Smoking 2018-04-30T12:16:14+00:00

How to Cleanse Your Lungs From Smoking

clean lungs

The process of cleansing your lungs might not be easy for everyone. Is the thought of drastically changing your lifestyle terrifying to you? If so, don’t worry and just take one step at a time. Here are five ways to cleanse your lungs after quitting smoking. Introduce at least one the following pieces of advice every week. That way you will gradually strengthen your new habits and your body will adapt quicker.

#1 Air Environment

The bottom line is to avoid smoke and toxins altogether. The first thing is to keep fresh air circulating.

Stay in Ventilated areas

• If possible, try to stay away from smoke and other smokers (while they smoke).
  • Consider investing in home air purifiers to remove allergens and small particles from the air. Pick a device with a HEPA filter; it is more efficient than Ozone air cleaners. Besides, the latter may irritate sensitive lungs.

If you’re not allergic to pollen:

• At home, open your windows whenever possible. The point is to be surrounded by fresh air, even at your home.
  • Sleeping with open windows will provide access to fresh air for your brain and lungs. If you can’t open the window, open the doors to your bedroom.

Keep your Home Clean

• If you have carpets, have them cleaned in a dry cleaner if they are dirty. Make sure to use the vacuum cleaner as soon as need be.
  • Remove dust from your shelves, books, objects. Do it every 2-3 days, because dust is accumulating very quickly.
  • Make sure to often clean your home.
  • If you have a wood-burning stove or a fireplace, stop using them for a while. The release toxins in the smoke, which is harmful to your lungs.

AdvertisementV2-banner

Good Plants and Bad Pollen

In daylight, green plants absorb carbon dioxide and other pollutants in exchange for oxygen. That leaves us with cleaner and oxygenated air to breathe. Just don’t keep them in your bedroom, because without light, the plants will switch to absorbing oxygen.

But some plants emit pollen, spores and other particles that could be irritating to your lungs. Even if you’re not allergic, go through your household plants and eliminate them.

No problem, many plants are safe, don’t distress lungs and are easy to maintain.

Some examples: Aloe Vera, Spider plant, Snake plants, Chrysanthemum, Seeping Fig, English Ivy, Palm Tree, Peace Lily, and more. Ask for advice at your local flower store.

Use Non-Toxic Household Cleaning Products:

Household toxins

Most of the household cleaning and cosmetic products contain harmful chemicals, providing daily amounts of toxins to your lungs and body. The most commonly present hazardous substance is ammonia. It irritates the respiratory tract and causes shortness of breath and coughing. Switch to nontoxic products instead. If the only step you take is to get rid of ammonia in your home, you already made yourself a service!

Be aware of scam

A label “natural” does not mean that all ingredients are natural. It simply means that there is a minimum amount of natural ingredients, and the rest can be synthetic.

Also, keep in mind that all that is natural is not necessarily non-toxic. What is healthy for someone else might not be beneficial for you, if you’re allergic. In any case, make it a rule to verify ingredients of cleaning products you use.

#2 Diet

Food to Avoid

The reason why you are coughing is the mucus accumulated in your lungs. Therefore you should avoid food that triggers mucus production:

• Processed meat
  • Frozen convenience food
  • Fast food in general
  • Dairies (milk, cheese, and yogurt)

What to Eat

Smoking is one of the factors that generate an acidic pH in your blood. Too much acid in your body fluids is a condition called acidosis. If it goes too far, this could lead to kidney stones or even kidney failure.

To compensate for this, you should eat more alkaline foods.

• Vegetables: root vegetables, leafy greens
  • Fruits: apples, bananas, lemons, berries, oranges, watermelons
  • Proteins: almonds, chestnuts
  • Spices: cinnamon, curry, ginger

Toxins contain free radicals that destroy cells everywhere in your body, including your lungs. Antioxidants are substances that neutralize the excess of free radicals and prevent damage to organs. Here are some examples of antioxidant-rich foods:

• Fruits: Blueberries, cranberries, grapes, blackberries
  • Vegetables: artichokes, broccoli, spinach, sweet potatoes
  • Other: green tea, fish, pecans, walnuts

To increase oxygen uptake in your body, you could also add chlorophyll to your diet. It also cleanses blood and tissues.

You could find supplements, but the best quality is in food that contains chlorophyll:

• Juiced wheatgrass
  • Spirulina
  • Blue-green micro-algae
  • Sprouted seeds

#3 Exercise

Staying in good physical shape is essential for providing oxygen to all your organs and your overall health. It helps to deal with your cravings by postponing it even an hour after the physical efforts.

It also releases endorphins, commonly called the feel-good hormones. They relieve pain and generate feelings of pleasure.

The Department of Health and Human Services recommends the following:

• 150 minutes per week (30 minutes 5 times a week) of moderate aerobic activity. That can be swimming, walking, gardening
  • 75 minutes per week (25 minutes 3 times per week) of vigorous aerobic activity OR strength training. That can be jogging, biking, dancing, or playing soccer.

Outdoors

If you enjoy being surrounded by nature, try doing outdoor sports as much as possible. Football in a park, jogging in woods or swimming in a lake – these are all health improving and relaxing physical activities.

Yoga

Benefits of yoga are numerous. For ex-smokers, there are two main reasons to choose yoga.

• You Learn to Breathe Efficiently. You will learn and practice to breathe from your diaphragm. That helps to expand the lung capacity and strengthens belly muscles involved in breathing.
  • Your Posture Will Improve. A straight back position provides optimal space for your lungs and muscles to work on breathing.

Yoga is an excellent choice regardless if you’re in good shape or not. There are different types of yoga, starting with the relaxing, meditative styles to the vigorous Ashtanga style. You should avoid Hot Yoga for a while, which consists in vigorous physical activity in high temperature. Your lungs might not be ready for this.
Visit a local Yoga school and ask them, what form would be ideal for your physical condition.

#4 Alternative Home Made Detox

Raw Honey

Start your day with a spoon of raw honey (without added sugar). You can also drink it dissolved in a glass of water. Its antibacterial and antiseptic properties will decrease your coughing already after a week.

And honey contains minerals that promote tissue repair.

Herbs

• Use Cayenne pepper in solid food. It relieves irritation from coughs and sore throats.
  • Add 2-3 drops of Oregano oil daily to water, milk or juice. It will stop harmful bacteria (like staphylococcus aureus and pseudomonas aeruginosa) from growing.

Menthol

Apply Peppermint balm on your chest and back to soothe the respiratory muscles. Menthol is a popular decongestant effective immediately. If you prefer to avoid the smell you can also chew peppermint leaves (but NOT chewing gum).

Inhalations

Add Eucalyptus drops to steam inhalations to remove congestion and mucus. But first, ask your doctor or pharmacist about possible interactions with medications you might take.

#5 Relax

Many people feel stressed after quitting smoking. Relax. You are beginning a challenging journey, be kind to yourself.

massage

Meditation and Mindfulness

Many people turn to meditation to deal with their stress and cravings caused by nicotine withdrawal. There are so many options to practice meditation or yoga that you certainly find something that works for you.

In the short run, meditation will help you to calm down. In the long term, you can work on developing mindfulness, an attitude of kindness towards oneself and awareness of one’s actions.

Massage

• Massages increase the lymph circulation and help your immunity system to fight toxins in your body.
  • During massages, you need to inhale and exhale slowly and deeply, so it’s a great exercise of breathing.
  • If respiratory muscles are tense, they will affect breathing in restricting. Massaging them relaxes the muscles and directly improves respiration.
  • Plus, it’s a treat.

How Can I Make That Easier?

Have a substitute

After quitting smoking, many people say that they have strong cravings, they become nervous, or they need something to do with their hands. You can have a bracelet or bangle on your wrist to play with, or have some relaxing fidget toy at hand.

Remember Your Goals

Why did you quit smoking?

Write down the reasons why you decided to quit. Note everything you will be able to do as a non-smoker. Have a note ready in your pocket, your desk or wherever is the most practical for you. Every time you have a craving, think about the improvements in your life after you’ve quit smoking.

Here are some examples:

• Maybe you wish to improve your health or be in better shape?
  • You want to get rid of the smell all over your things and your place?
  • Maybe your partner is bothered by you smoking?
  • You don’t want to let your children (or future children) inhale smoke?
  • You will save a lot of money

Quit together with a friend and stay in a supportive, nonsmoking environment.

Ask your family and friends to hold you accountable.

Be proud of the everyday improvements you have already achieved!

208 Comments
  1. comment-avatar

Vanessa Bazzie

December 1, 2016 at 7:18 pm Reply

I stopped two days ago. First smoked at 14 now 41. I was smoking a pack a day and just stopped cold turkey. Honestly I haven’t had any bad craving for them and my husband is still smoking. Looking forward to a healthier me. Now to convince him that he would feel so much better.

Saffi Sidhu

January 27, 2017 at 5:54 pm Reply

Run 2-3 miles daily you’ll be great

Guy S Smith

March 22, 2018 at 12:08 pm Reply

Running is great

Nevada Sykes

April 1, 2017 at 6:23 pm Reply

Follow up status request. I’ve started stopped so many times. I’m at 3 days right now. How are you doing with it?

Jessie Swan

May 4, 2017 at 6:46 pm Reply

The book Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Stop Smoking helped me quite a bit.

Debbie Pierson

June 7, 2017 at 12:59 am Reply

me too without physical side effects

Allen

June 25, 2018 at 9:14 am Reply

I too found Allen Carr’s Easy Way the most helpful, and have shared with others.

Md Afroz Ansari

September 23, 2017 at 3:46 am Reply

1st of all you have to improve your while power and keep it in your mind that you hate the smoking. And stay with your while power and always remember that quitting is very easy.

Karen

October 3, 2017 at 9:16 pm Reply

I am on my first day and going crazy !!!

Peter

January 10, 2018 at 3:03 pm Reply

It has been a month now!
          I had a fever and cold but I did not give up.. Still I am suffering from headache but I have decided now, I wont smoke in my life.

Good luck dude!
          You will same money & time apart from health!

Peter

January 10, 2018 at 3:04 pm

*save money

Adam

February 22, 2018 at 3:46 am Reply

Me too!! But i am not going to let a plant wrapped in paper control my life. I will control my life

Geri

July 2, 2018 at 9:57 am

I love your comment! It helped me to hear that perspective!Thx

Donnie

August 12, 2018 at 2:18 pm

Tif you look into it ,I think it’s something like 80 or 90 percent of the ciggerett is ground up paper , they actually don’t have a other of tabacco in them it’s mostly chemicals and paper , I heard a chemist who worked for the tabbacco industry say that there were 280 addictive chemicals in them ,, and they are charging over ten dollars a pack for you to get sick on..

donny keisham

April 4, 2018 at 10:51 pm Reply

haha

Michael

June 28, 2018 at 10:09 am Reply

It’s all in your head! You’ve truly got to want to quit and it easy

Barb

March 19, 2018 at 11:03 pm Reply

Don’t feel bad I quit at least 20 times. This time it’s for good. Feel great and it’s only been 1 month. Keep up the good work!

Jonathan

April 30, 2018 at 6:57 am Reply

Me too I have tried so many times
        Now on hour 8 lol

Tony

May 30, 2018 at 5:56 pm Reply

I’m 3 days in, this time last year I stayed 3 months off them, now its time again to quit. Best of luck everyone.

I used to get triggers after dinner so i decided to squeeze in a jog after a light dinner instead to relieve any unwanted cravings.

I don’t miss the headaches now, after 3 days they have subsided a lot already. I haven’t bitten my nails in 3 days either which is great. I used to bite them when the nicotine was expelling from my body, so id just have another one to take away the anxiety of it all, which is nothing but a vicious circle if you think about it.

Take Care, Tony x

Gina

June 20, 2018 at 10:36 am Reply

Use a nicotine patch. Or chewing gum. Stopping altogether; cold turkey is super difficult. So go one day at a time and good luck!

Mauz

June 28, 2018 at 3:09 am Reply

I have stopped since October last year, fount drinking water through a straw really helped, not only does it clense it give you the hand to mouth the brain is looking for

Lee William Gregory

May 2, 2017 at 5:52 am Reply

still quit

Adriano

September 27, 2017 at 1:55 pm Reply

Hi Vanessa,

How’s everything now after 10 months? I would love to learn about your experience!

kr
      Adriano

Denise

October 18, 2017 at 3:16 pm Reply

Go, girl! I just stopped 4.5ndays ago. I got a throat and lung infection, couldn’t breathe, had a breathing treatment and gave myself the final wake-up to stop. Now I’m replacing it with healthy thoughts, reading about healthy ways to avoid smoking, etc. We can do it!

I have yet to tell my family. I am waiting a few weeks and see if they notice. 🙂 My grandson will be thrilled!

aa

October 24, 2017 at 12:26 pm Reply

its just 2 days buddy.. you will eventually know its painful

Diez Nots

October 24, 2017 at 1:21 pm Reply

definitely not motivating, but good for you.

CAthy

January 1, 2018 at 1:01 am Reply

Well done. Just doing it for the second time. Last time 18 months. Learned by my mistake never to take a another puff.

Handy Best

April 14, 2018 at 12:40 am Reply

cathy nice one same here with me stop for months i travel to other country i met an old friend that is how i started again but now its been a week still going anytime i think about smoking i call myself hey dont ever go there do you want to die lol

Jen

January 3, 2018 at 4:05 pm Reply

Did you ever pick up again?

Peter

March 20, 2018 at 2:40 am Reply

I quit yesterday I have been smoking since 14 and I’m 36 now. I have been smoking 20 to 25 a day since I was 18 and from 14 to 18 I’d smoke a packet a day on weekends and about 10 a day during school days. Using nicotine patches help a lot. A few weeks ago I started the patches and yesterday I just quit. I prayed to God and Jesus to help me also. And today I don’t even want to even take a drag on a cigarette. First thing I did yesterday was throw out my ashtrays etc. I told noone I was quitting and I’m really happy about how im going

Aditya

March 20, 2018 at 7:17 pm Reply

Hii really

Kathy

April 30, 2018 at 1:05 pm Reply

It’s been 5 years for me and never looked back – you have to be strong!

Ready

May 20, 2018 at 8:05 pm Reply

So how did you go last 2 years?

Mary Banta

June 23, 2018 at 9:23 pm Reply

I’m 30 days smoke free!! Breathing is awful. I hyperventilate all the time!!

Sue

August 13, 2018 at 6:30 pm Reply

Me too 28 days smoke free and I feel like I have a deep chest cold but I dont. I cant seem to get a deep enough breath. Weird

Barath

August 25, 2018 at 6:40 am Reply

Nice to hear!!!!

2. comment-avatar

Florence Mamone

December 15, 2016 at 8:36 pm Reply

I’m 52 and have been smoking a pack a day since age 12. After forty years, I now have COPD and suffer from severe Fibromyalgia pain which is made worse by the inflammation caused by smoking. Finally decided to quit 3 days ago, and with the aid of a nicotine patch…am hopeful and determined to stick with it. I already feel less chest congestion, and am inspired by this article to do even more to help revitalize and repair my damaged lungs and overall health and wellbeing, very useful information.

Stoneheart Killblade

February 1, 2017 at 10:43 pm Reply

How’s it going? Reading “easy way to stop smoking” by Alan Carr helped me quit while feeling pretty good doing it, as he simply takes the fear away of missing out on something seemingly pleasurable (cigarettes), by explaining that there’s nothing pleasurable about smoking. Maybe it’s of some help to you, if quitting nicotine still seems hard even while quitting tobacco (:

Les Rowe

February 20, 2017 at 9:46 am Reply

I also have used the Alan Carr method, I used the book initially but didnt go as well. I have since used the audio book and after a particularly heavy smoking weekend I decided to stop. That was a couple of weeks ago and its great not having the cravings. Literally, remember you are the only one making you smoke. Get that and the rest is easy. I am also 52 and have smoked since I was 12 so believe me when I say it can be done and without the suffering. The cravings are literally a passing moment. Just think “I don’t want a cig actually, ” 🙂 Good luck all

Writaja

June 3, 2018 at 11:34 am Reply

That’s inspiring. I also smoke a pack a day and I’m 22 right now. My boyfriend doesn’t smoke and wants me to quit ASAP. I also feel I’m literally burning my lungs from the inside. That’s horrifying. But quitting is really hard it seems. The thought of it even makes me nervous. But since so many people could do it, why not I? I will surely try from now on for myself, my family, my boyfriend and my future healthy life.

The Man is Smokefree

June 14, 2018 at 11:59 am

how’s it going? I’m 3 weeks in and love the feeling of taking control of my life and body!

PatT

July 22, 2018 at 1:44 pm

You should do it! I’m 38 and smoked for 23 years. I have quit many times before with always having the feeling like I was missing out on something. This time is different. I had a 2 year plan of cutting down, changed my diet and exercise daily. Chucked the ciggies a month ago. I have the odd craving, but after coughing up bits of tar for the last month I will NEVER put a cigarette in my mouth again. Stay strong, it’s easier to quit now than when you get cancer!

TIMOTHY douglas

July 24, 2018 at 3:39 pm

I Have been smoke free over 2 years now, I tried the patches and gum but still had the urge to get more nicotine. Tried to quit many times but only lasted until I quit taking the quit aid. They all put nicotine in your body to get you to quit smoking but then when you stop it you still want more nicotine. Chantex don’t have nicotine but helps you quit

Barbara Marshall

February 25, 2017 at 11:38 am Reply

Florence like you I have COPD after 45 years of smoking near 2 pack a day. To get the first help was from my doctor who clearly stated to me, if you’re going to continue smoking there is nothing I can do to help and no point because you are going to die . Simple fact I suppose , what’s the point of medicating when as a smoker I am clearly not helping or letting the Meds do their work. After a 45 minute visit I walked out with a new purpose and very clear understanding quit smoking or die. That’s a month ago, The above article is a good one and most I have already been applying to myself , With the help of 2 inhalers my breathing has improved sadly I will most likely be on them or some type the rest of my life for my abuse of smoking. Good luck everyone trying to quit , do it before what I have happens to you.

Karen

October 3, 2017 at 9:26 pm Reply

Thank you I am on day one and it’s so hard but I do not want COPD. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE That have this and good luck to you.

M

December 26, 2017 at 11:54 am Reply

I am 32, I quit smoking sigarettes at about 30 but still kept smoking a joint (with tobacco) daily thinking it was not that big of a deal. On christmas eve I suddenly got problems breathing and there is something in my lungs that I cannot cough out. Now I am very worried and I blame myself for this. Apparently you dont have to smoke for many years to do serious damage.

Adam

February 22, 2018 at 3:56 am Reply

I am 33 and quit smoking at the age of 22. But as some others have said i put tobacco in my marijuana. Now my addiction is 10fold and making it hard to quit tobacco and marijuana. I am on day 2 and having wicked insomnia and withdraws. I know now that if i dont stop i for sure will suffer and die a horrible and painful death. I will.not let a plant and piece of paper control my life.!

Dia

May 9, 2018 at 11:20 pm

I hope you are still on course and no more tobacco. Not sure if you were want to quit marijuana for the sake of quitting it or just because it is still smoking. IF you are still okay with marijuana you might want to replacing smoking it with edibles. They help a lot of people who want to stop all smoking but do not want to give up marijuana due to sleep and other medical reasons. There are plenty of places online that will teach people how to make edibles if you look them up. My doc really stressed that I need to give up smoking marijuana and replace them with edibles to help my lungs heal, so I am going to switch over like she said.

Julie Barnes

April 24, 2018 at 5:25 am Reply

Hi just letting you know that smoking dope by its self does more damage to your lungs than cigarettes. I dont smoke weed but just thought i would let you know thats what my doctor told me. Maybe you should Google does smoking marijuana damage your lungs. Hope this was helpful.

Jasł

September 3, 2018 at 6:17 am

The lungs are not designed for smoking… 200 plus chemicals, as noted from someone’s entry, but also smoke itself creates DAMAGING issues for the lungs such as COPD, emphysema, bronchitis, and with all of these, a breakdown of cilia which helps protect the lungs.

Christian Torres

May 31, 2018 at 5:27 am Reply

Thank you for sharing. I am 28 suffering from congestion. Im constantly clearing my throat. Ill take ur advice.

Blake

June 17, 2018 at 6:25 pm Reply

Powerful Barbara
        Very powerful

Karla Reutiman

September 24, 2017 at 6:48 pm Reply

I quit smoking 29 years ago. I had smoked for 20 years. My lungs are supposedly at 98% capacity and my fibromyalgia is totally under control. Quitting smoking is the best thing I ever did for myself. You should be very proud of yourself as well.

Hunter

May 13, 2018 at 9:56 am Reply

After going through most comments here, I have decided to quit smoking after 8 years of my life. Would like to ask, if quitting smoking would repair the damages done on my lungs.

Rudds

July 4, 2018 at 4:38 am Reply

I have only been smoke free for 3 days having been smoking 20 a day for over 20 years! Its early days I know and I have tried quitting before but always allowing myself the 3 cigarettes a day with the intention of easing these out over time….this does not work at all. This time I have given up with no cigarettes at all and although only 3 days in I feel very proud of my achievement.

I would ask though I don’t recall seeing anyone mentioning that they are using an e-cigarettes as an alternative when trying to give up smoking? Am I alone in this or am I to believe that everyone is using one as a Vaping type website?

John

September 2, 2018 at 12:45 am

Hey Rudds, hope you’re still in the fight. I never vaped. Ive quit a few times in my 30 yrs of smoking. Recently diagnosed prediabetes, who knew smoking could cause that. Gave me motivation to quit as only pain can. Cold turkey April 26th. Still havent smoked. For me it helped to read notes to myself written while smoking years ago on why I needed to not smoke. I also count the money I was spending on a pack of smokes each day and for as long as I need, Ill blow this cash going to the beach or some other fun way. Better than smoking it. I also try to swim, run or other cardio when it gets rough, like when lifes challenges hit or Im around smokers and inhale too much secondhand. Smoked at least a pack a day, Marboro red label since 18 ish, now 50. anyway, hope the post helps. Hang in there. beach for me in a week!!!

Diana Davis

September 14, 2018 at 11:14 pm

I am also quitting these nasty cigs. (3 weeks in) with the help of Chantix and vapor smoking. It has helped ease the tension and irritability but I just experienced what my daughter called smokers flu . It was bad just like the flu .Has anyone else experienced this?

Debbie Tremmel

July 20, 2018 at 5:43 pm Reply

Inspirational be words! Thank you! Hope you are living well! 👍😁👍💙

Chix

January 2, 2018 at 7:14 pm Reply

Have u succeeded? How did you do this ? I am 57 smoking for 40 years and simply lack the willpower. Please help

Dot

February 23, 2018 at 1:32 am Reply

Go to your doctor ask for champion tables take them for 12 weeks they are good I be on them for 3 weeks now I got copd for the last two years

Lauren

April 23, 2018 at 2:06 am Reply

Dont use Champion is causes suicidal tendencies. Google it before use.

Jean

July 24, 2018 at 11:43 am Reply

I have been on Chantix for a week and a half and feel terrific. This has been a lifesaving drug for me and I would recommend to anyone. I am going to be 57 and smoked since I was 15. You really have to want to be done with smoking, though. Nothing works unless you’re starting from there.

KATHY lee

February 28, 2018 at 5:39 pm Reply

You have to Belgrave in yourself.and keep on going without .I have cops as well.im going to be 60 this July 5th.and I Quit this january.

Caron

March 4, 2018 at 1:56 am Reply

,same boat , my favorite thing about really stopn is the guilt of no love for myself

Iris Jason

March 11, 2018 at 1:56 pm Reply

I’m telling you quit smoking and there are programs out there vapor, chantix Florida patches by grace of God save your life think what kids going through effecting there live for yourself grandchildren kids love upur family do for yourself prolong life I just got out of hospital Friday night after having so much fluid on my lung and put chest tube in for 8 days and it was horrible for me
          Guardian angel iris

steve mcculley

March 5, 2018 at 4:06 am Reply

I am 52 years old and a 2 pack a day smoker for 41 years….cold turkey 2 weeks ago been tough the first 5 days but seems to get easier every day….you can do it….if i can good luck and throw them away

avanish

April 6, 2018 at 12:12 pm Reply

yup i succeeded

Lauren

April 23, 2018 at 2:08 am Reply

Alan Carrs easy way to quit book. – Im 32, started when 15 and quit 2 months ago from reading this book. No pangs but crazy withdrawal syptoms – head aches, insomnic, mental instability and now flu like symptoms including a constant cough.. sounds like hell but knowing that I have given up smoking makes it all worth it.

Radhika

August 1, 2018 at 3:38 pm Reply

woww im feeling exactly the same…also 32!
          This is my third quit, most definitely my final one too.
          Learned all my lessons after getting recaptured(relapsing) twice.
          The best thing any smoker can do is read Sir. Allen Carr’s book – The Only Way To Stop Smoking Permanently.
          This book has changed my life and it WILL change yours too. It is truly the most important book i have ever read.

Joanne

May 15, 2018 at 10:07 am Reply

I’ve now succeeded after reading Allan carrs book I have failed many times with champix, cold turkey , hypnosis, patches I don’t know how or why but the book worked & im very positive about not going back to the fags , it’s the best book I’ve ever read & quitting was so easy unbelievably easy wish I’d read it years ago

Karen

June 2, 2018 at 11:56 pm Reply

I am 51and smoked for 35 years. I had a cold laser treatment 50 days ago and have not had a cigarette since. I was very surprised at how this helped me. I don’t want to say it was easy but easier than what I thought it was going to be. The laser therapy helps reduce withdrawal symptoms from smoking. I wish I had done this a long time ago.

Al

June 29, 2018 at 3:48 pm Reply

I smoked for 40 yrs and quit 3 months ago
        I started taking champix on 4th day i quit with not cravings. I suprised myself!

Gina

July 1, 2018 at 9:38 am Reply

Smoked for 33 years and quit cold turkey 51 days ago. I cut drinking straws to the length of my smokes and used them as my “props”. Only really needed them while driving and drinking that morning coffee. I watched my mom die in May from COPD and was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer and passed within 11 days of the diagnosis. That was my wake up call!!!! I wanted to quit without pills patches or gum. I am a very strong willed person so I will not let something control me. Do it for yourself and your loved ones.

Lisa

July 31, 2018 at 7:40 am Reply

Hi, I am 56 and 40 years of smoking too. I just had enough. Just give me a never ending cig because thats all I did was smoke, smoke, smoke. Believe me I loved it, especially with coffee. I also had Hep C. Was not suffering any side affects from it. I took the Harvoni for 12 wks and I am HepC free. One reason I quit smoking. That medicine is very expensive and my thoughts were my clinic gave me this medicine for free now why should I continue to suffer the health risks of still smoking. Its been 3 months 9 days. Go me!

Victoria

August 7, 2018 at 10:09 am Reply

Read Alan Carr’s book (may be free online) Easyway to stop smoking and for extra backup try Champix/Chantix (which after a week I went down to half dose). I was a half pack a day for about 35 years and I’m 3 weeks smoke free. Feeling great. The perceived stress of quitting is actually caused by nicotine and not the absence of it. You can and should do it now.

Handy Best

April 14, 2018 at 12:46 am Reply

Florence you need to eat more fruit drink water walk or go out for jogging sweat out but dont stress yourself too much because of your lungs with God all things are possible and you should have it in mind always this is dangerous to health anytime your mind want it or think about it shout at yourself call your name and tell yourself you promise not to go there again why are you doing this to yourself asked yourself like that and with your believe you will overcome it am on the same road like you its well

Chris

May 31, 2018 at 5:21 am Reply

Keep going. You can do it.

Crystal

June 2, 2018 at 11:51 am Reply

Hi, I hope you are still a non smoker. I’ve struggled for years to stay quit but I did fall off after 14mos smoke free, started back 4 4 months it’s been 3 days and I haven’t had the urge. Copd has flared up again.

Robin

June 12, 2018 at 9:56 am Reply

Good for you. Keep up the good work. But be careful of the nicotine patches they could be hazardous.

Barb

September 12, 2018 at 11:29 pm Reply

You can do it. I smoked for 40 yrs and I quit on the half dose of champix I couldn’t do the full dose it kept me awake all night. It’s 3 months as of Sept 13. I quit because I couldn’t breathe anymore it was the worst feeling I have ever had. Like I was suffocating. I have asthma possibly COPD now and take puffers. But I feel fantastic! I will never smoke again

3. comment-avatar

Maira Sheikh

January 3, 2017 at 7:40 pm Reply

Hello i need to share my views regarding lung problems. Castor oil pack
    is one of the great remedies to deal with lung infections.
    Healthylifetips.co.uk has various other remedies to deal cleaning of
    lungs and detoxify lungs.

Lisa

October 27, 2017 at 6:50 pm Reply

Maira: How do you do castor oil compress? Can you explain please? And how does it help? Is their an article I can read for information on castor oil and benefits for the lungs? Thanks Maira!

Doc Weston

February 22, 2018 at 11:56 am Reply

Chatix AND wellbutryn (together) has helped me thru the first month so far. Have been stopped this long before and quit the meds only to return to smoking more. This time I will stay on two wellbutryns and one chantix each day for six months. I swim 1 mile every day even while smoking and don’t notice a difference in my lung capacity.. yet. I’m quitting because I want to correct the vascular changes that the hypertensive nicotine causes and I want to see if I start to heal better like when I was a non smoking 40 year old. At 56… I’m inflamed, my body hurts, my back won’t get better, I’m looking old, and nothing heals on me anymore when I used to be a superman healing wise. Guess we will see.drcolg

4. comment-avatar

Jacob R

January 4, 2017 at 6:22 pm Reply

watched a self-hypnosis video on quitting smoking. It was 8 hours long and it put me to sleep. woke up the next morning and didn’t crave nicotine. It’s been 11 days since I’ve used a nicotine product. Good alternative if you want a nicotine-free cessation aid! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy6A1IOkIsM

5. comment-avatar

roberta

January 8, 2017 at 7:58 pm Reply

I have bronchitis that won’t quit. Day 14 today. I quit smoking 15 days ago, but it wasn’t much. Still, doctors won’t give me antibiotics.

Rose Gummow

January 12, 2017 at 1:57 pm Reply

Buy a bottle of Alpha Omega Lung Flush. Take one tablespoon every morning and night in a bit of pineapple juice. Use it to swallow an Immune 7 capsule (Purica brand). You will be breathing better in a few days!

Ladylimes

February 6, 2017 at 7:46 pm Reply

Thanks will do

Kyle Cooke

March 15, 2017 at 6:35 pm Reply

Hi I’m not sure if you’re cured yet but a friend of mine had “bronchitis” and it didn’t go away. He went to the doctor and found out it is actually stage 4 lung cancer. I recommend getting checked out..

6. comment-avatar

mel

January 18, 2017 at 12:21 pm Reply

Im on day 29 and do not get cravings as I only smoked at work and no weekends. I do however have a bad cough and an extreme heaviness on the chest like im ready for a heart attack..doc gave me antibiotics for the infection in my throat, but he said it would take a while for the cilia(hairs on lungs) to grow back.. guess going cold turkey was not the right choice than cutting back and getting body used to less nicotine intake and then quitting..by the way guys all these flu like symptoms are called quitters flu…just strange that in order for the body to heal and reject all the toxins we have to get this sick…

Christine Blair

January 22, 2017 at 6:19 am Reply

I just quit cold turkey after my knee surgery, I’ve been smoke free for 12 days. I didn’t realize getting healthier meant feeling sicker. Never heard of the “quitters flu” thank you I’ll have to check into that.

Boris Badenuff

January 30, 2017 at 5:07 pm Reply

Breathe deeply

Stu Morgan

October 13, 2017 at 6:59 pm Reply

I’m 13 days in and suffering from quitters flu also. it actually feels like you have some kind of virus. I’m lead to believe that it’s your immune system going to work on the cleanup job and makes you feel flu-ey than it actually being a bug or virus. I’m also lead to believe it’s last between 1 to 4 weeks depending on the individual. “good luck everyone”

7. comment-avatar

Manish Rao

February 18, 2017 at 5:01 pm Reply

Hello i would love to quit Smoking.
    M Smoking Everyday. Even in nights also.
    I Decided to quit completely.
    How Should i Start. When i stress and Tention i feel like i need a cigirate Evenon small Issues i get angry n i feel like i need Cigirate.
    I felt that Because of cigirate my health is not good. M so thin i don’t like my body Shape.
    Sometimes I have a feeling that M not giving proper Sex to my partner. Because m Done so fast within 5 mins. I really feel like shame on me.
    Would you please guide me. How i can rid of smoke.

Liz Corleto

February 21, 2017 at 11:14 am Reply

When I first quit smoking. I replaced cigarettes with water. At work I would take breaks and would smoke. When I was quitting I would take a break and would get cold water, step outside and drink my water. I lost weight and felt so much better after some time. I did go back to smoking unfortunately. But I now have been smoke free for a 15 months. I did it because I got pregnant. I again replaced cigarettes with water and it worked.

jitesh

March 10, 2017 at 3:58 pm Reply

i am clear from smoking and all other stuff for more than 20 months . i used to smoke 1 pack a day and weed and alchol too did all this for 3 years then i started this meditation after that i did inner engineering which is advance meditation and never smoked since then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1tXLPvkKQo&t=233s

Jessie Swan

May 4, 2017 at 6:49 pm Reply

Read the book Allan Carr’s Easy Way to Stop Smoking. Helped me a lot. You can order it from Amazon.

Debbie Pierson

June 7, 2017 at 1:03 am Reply

worked great for me too!

amit

September 15, 2017 at 9:46 am Reply

Hi i was a chain smoker i used to smoke like every 5 minutes or whenevr i think i have a cigg, do start a morning walk and try a day not to smoke result will be positive and you wont need a cigg anymore it works on me, try it

Shiva Kumar

September 26, 2017 at 10:19 am Reply

Just make up your mind and stop taking the cigarette in your hand. Thats about it. Nothing is impossible. I quit a week back after smoking 20 a day for last three years.

Felician

November 12, 2017 at 5:00 am Reply

Better to quit slowly first things is to find out the alternatives like eating sweets soon after feeling of need of smoking comes out then next step keep your life busy all the time with different activities which will make your body tied like exercise and other your economics activities

Dr. Fuad

December 18, 2017 at 5:00 am Reply

Just eat an apple or chewingum instead of cigarette when u feel to take. Take 1 cup hot water with Three spoon Honey add few drops of Lemon every day morning or at night it may stable your sex energy. Say in your mind “Live long happy strong”

branwen wosika

December 23, 2017 at 7:04 pm Reply

I used a nicotine patch and tea tree mint toothpicks helped with the hand to mouth habit. I only used the patches for about 2 weeks. Have been cigarette free for over 2 months with minimal cravings. You can get the toothpicks at The Vitamin Shoppe, both in store and online.

8. comment-avatar

agent k

March 11, 2017 at 2:49 pm Reply

i quit 2 weeks ago and now have horrific quitters flu. Also had my first sleep sweating overnight. OMG wtf nobody told me about that. Hopefully will pass soon been drinking a lot green tea and cranberry juice to try help detox.

scott01634

April 8, 2017 at 6:32 am Reply

sweating is good in fact as it helps get the bad stuff out of your body i go in a sauna often at the moment anything to help flush the crap out.

David Manopla

April 16, 2017 at 1:51 pm Reply

That is a fallacy , sweating helps clear the skin, the liver is the only organ that helps cleanse the toxins in your body

David Manopla

April 16, 2017 at 1:52 pm Reply

Wish I saw this a month ago OJ!!!!, drink a shot glass every 3 hours, the cold sweats are drop in blood sugar levels, it’s long story but it takes about 7-10 days for your body to resume normal secretion of sugar into the bloodstream after you quit, when you smoke the nicotine stimulates the pancreas to release sugar, no smoke no sugar, hence low blood sugar symptoms .

Spread the word, most people don’t know this little secret

David Manopla

April 16, 2017 at 1:55 pm Reply

It’s basically the same diabetic experiences when they overdo the insulin, they get cold sweats, dizzy, feel weak, whats the 1st thing they are told to do? drink OJ, it has healthy sugar and is processed by the body almost immediately

9. comment-avatar

Muriel DeLuca Pepper

March 14, 2017 at 9:29 pm Reply

I quit after 43 of smoking. It wasn’t easy, as I had been trying for 10years to stop. I tried hypnosis, nicotine patches, Wellbutrin and chantix. I started to feel it in my lungs and started to hate the taste and smell but still smoked anyway. I was down to 4-5 cigs a day and eventually just stopped. I don’t miss it but I do miss being able to breathe when exercising. It’s the hardest I ever had to do. It’s been 5 months and I don’t have the desire to smoke. If you drink alcohol, I recommend you don’t have a drink for 1 year. It’s the only time I want a cig so I won’t have a drink. Good luck and don’t give up!

dou

April 22, 2017 at 9:21 pm Reply

Like an addiction it’s in the mind, and not easily ruled out as you may know from a ten year climb, .. .. .. it has to be replaced with stronger foods such as peppermint squares or cinnamon to rule out the nicotine craving… cigarette chemicals and tar + the toxins and gmo’s from foods your unaware of = a bad structure for a long healthy life

Hatzic

December 15, 2017 at 7:21 am Reply

Just look up Allen Carr and use his method – books, audio, online course, in person. You will be a happy non-smoker for life – no replacements or substitutes are suggested with his method. That suggests that freeing yourself from smoking is hard and you are losing something, so you need a substitute. With Alan Carr you won’t need substitutes because you’ll be free and you’ll be happy you are free!

10. comment-avatar

Katherine Crockett

March 23, 2017 at 3:14 am Reply

It has been 38 day today since I had a cigarette. I am so glad I finally after so many tries decided to give them up, I thought it would be hard but if you really want to make your life better it is well worth it. I just want to live my life more healthier, I am starting to exercise and eating more healthy all this is to see my grandbabies grow and have their own family

11. comment-avatar

Ashish Gautam

April 13, 2017 at 7:33 am Reply

Its been about a month now that I smoked. I am having continuous mucus and excessive saliva these days with some tinkling chest pain near the breast bone. If some one can put some light over it, as what these things are sign of?

Lee William Gregory

May 2, 2017 at 5:51 am Reply

heart disease

Juanita Juniper

June 12, 2017 at 5:02 pm Reply

stop it.

Maurin

November 20, 2017 at 8:12 pm Reply

Who told u that it is heart disease

12. comment-avatar

Billie

April 17, 2017 at 3:36 am Reply

Drink more water to support the lungs. 8 cups a day should help. Kick up vitamin c, consume pineapple, raw honey, stay with natual foods.. Push greens! Hope this helps!! Keep on swimming! Good luck, i am on a journey as well.

Karen

October 3, 2017 at 9:51 pm Reply

Thanks I was just wondering about drinking more water. I like greens I am on day one and going crazy !!!

Muahtaq

November 20, 2017 at 8:06 pm Reply

Yes so nice reply

13. comment-avatar

dou

April 22, 2017 at 9:15 pm Reply

This is a great post and it’s not just for quitting smoking or a lung cleanse, these steps can cleanse your liver, arteries, and fight diseases such as tumors & cancer cells… stop smoking and stop the unhealthy delicious snacks like chips, vending machine candy that’s easy to get and soft drinks and the gmo processed foods sold bulk to fast food restaurants

14. comment-avatar

Matěj Nimmerrichter

April 26, 2017 at 8:39 am Reply

I am on my day no.42 after 10yers of smoking at least 20 a day. And I have to say, excercise was way to go for me during 1st 3weeks. Any time sneek up on me a droped down did 20push ups, or just sit against the wall(like squat with support) for 3minutes..helped a lot

15. comment-avatar

Mike Ryan

May 16, 2017 at 7:27 pm Reply

Quit 7 months ago after smoking for 32 years…totally worth the effort…If I can do it anybody can.

16. comment-avatar

Roxane

September 7, 2017 at 6:49 pm Reply

Quit July 23rd, feeling great and only have “cravings” about 4 times a day. Mind over matter, smoking is a habit, I keep telling myself that my lungs are smiling because i am not harming them anymore…. i won’t give up and you shouldn’t either.

17. comment-avatar

Vivica Cornelly

September 13, 2017 at 2:31 am Reply

I am 54 years old and I was told I had COPD 7 years ago. I immediately quit smoking, but as the years pass by my condition got significantly worse, and I started having serious attacks. I used to be able to exercise, but it became so hard because I`m constantly out of breath. My pulmonologist started me on oral steroids to help control symptoms and minimize further damage but my symptoms never stopped getting worse. In January this year, my pulmonologist and I decided to go with natural treatment and was introduced to NewLife Herbal Clinic natural organic COPD Herbal formula, i had a total decline of symptoms with this COPD Herbal formula treatment. The infections, shortness of breath, fatigue, dry cough and other symptoms has subsided. Visit NewLife Herbal Clinic official website ww w. newlifeherbalclinic. com or email [email protected] newlifeherbalclinic. com.

I have had great improvement with my over all respiration with this product and i breath very much easier, i can never be thankful enough to nature

18. comment-avatar

Fran

September 20, 2017 at 9:43 pm Reply

Did anyone use e cigarettes to help you quit?

19. comment-avatar

Maddie

September 26, 2017 at 3:35 pm Reply

I quit smoking the latter part of June this year using Chantix. It really works if you allow it to do its job. I was diagnosed with lung cancer earlier and underwent a lobectomy on my left upper lung. The surgeon stated he got it all and the lymph glands were all clear. I did not finish the Chantix regimen, but still not smoking. It has been about 3 months now and my cravings are not bad. I am still coughing up the nasty mucus caused by smoking. Not sure how long that will last. I had smoked for 56 years and I guess there is a lot of stuff to cough up. Good luck to all of you trying to quit smoking.

20. comment-avatar

Help

October 3, 2017 at 12:57 am Reply

How can I quit smoking my problem is lack of strong will I keep relapsing n postponing until it’s now 25 years 12 cigarettes daily in hiding from people close to me don’t please help. Am diabetes n on irvs.

21. comment-avatar

Pete Cockcroft

October 12, 2017 at 7:22 pm Reply

I smoked twenty a day minimum for 45 years.
    My cannabis intake was off the scale!
    Coffee , chocolate and convenience/fast food , the odd pint of beer.
    I could not even climb my stairs at home without heart-palpitations and breathing difficulties. Walking anywhere was impossible.
    Yet , I would hop in my car and drive to the pub , cashpoint, drug-deal or shop – spending the rest of my time online , mainly games.
    This spiralled down into virtually zero physical activity and the loss of any motivation – all self-administered destruction I’d blanked out.
    One day I just thought – I’m not going to make it.
    I realised that if I continued smoking – that quite simply , I would die. No question.
    I had tried before to stop smoking cold turkey , and had managed 5 months at best. This time I decided that I would use the Quick-Mist nicotine sprays. I’d stopped the weed 2 months prior to the cigarettes , and had already gone through the screaming hab-dabs and detoxing.
    It has now been nearly 2 weeks without a cigarette , using the spray whenever I felt triggered to react negatively. I have perhaps had no more than 20 squirts on my worst day , which is 20mg of nicotine.
    Early signs are favourable , and I feel that I will be able to reduce frequency quite quickly – if I am careful about my demeanour.
    The mental side of things will take years I’m sure. Dietary suggestions are available everywhere for quitters , and there are several herbal products to help things along.
    Yes , I have heart disease, COPD , the whole shebang – along with a history of bad attitude toward myself.
    What I’m saying is that , if I can have a go at it – then so can you.
    You just have to want to.
    Survival is probably the best reason – and gradual self-monitored health improvement is all you need to carry yourself along on this quest. It is a huge step , almost a new life – but see it as a gift , and the best one you could ever give to yourself as a confirmed smoker.
    You have then re-invented yourself. However boring , dead or unsatisfactory your life is after that moment………. to not sit there and feel some physical and mental benefit is surely impossible. Grasp that with all you have. There will be incredible lows , but for fresh quitters they will be gone in 5 minutes or less. It’s just craving – it’s nothing you can’t sort , once you decide fags aren’t the answer.
    Feel proud of yourself , smell your clothes , taste your food , enjoy your new complexion in the mirror , and the bright eyes that go with it.
    Everyone else is seeing that too. You will soon enjoy the way things fall into place , as you cease to broadcast nervousness and stress to the world.
    I hope it works for you. A good doctor’s check up , a decent diet , fresh air , mild exercise , breathing deeply. These are obvious requirements.
    A less obvious one is to begin to like yourself a little more perhaps.
    Good luck.

Louise

January 3, 2018 at 10:23 pm Reply

This is info is very helpful and inspirational too. I think I’m going to print it off and carry it with me to read the next time I have a craving. I also like the Orange Juice in a shot glass that was suggested in another post to minimize sweats caused by low blood sugar.

Andrew somers

February 22, 2018 at 10:10 pm Reply

You have just replayed my life in front of my eyes today I have decided enough is enough I have thrown my tobacco and weed away this is a new me!

Sarah

June 19, 2018 at 7:42 am Reply

Just found this page and am truly amazed at the goodwill and encouragement total strangers are giving each other. Wishing you well and big pat on the back, I wish I had given up years ago.

22. comment-avatar

Glenda Bartram

October 15, 2017 at 8:44 am Reply

I’m try very hard to stop smoking what can I do please help

KATHY LEE

February 28, 2018 at 5:53 pm Reply

Just stop,That’s the only way to stop.You don’t need to replace with something else.Dont need that.also keep positive and keep buzy.its mind over matter.and you all don’t need a book on quitting that’s really not needed.just Belgrave in your self.and don’t give in.good luck.

23. comment-avatar

Charles Armstrong

October 19, 2017 at 4:04 pm Reply

I am 62 and now 5 1/2 months stopped smoking. I started at 15 and from 30 yrs smoked 2 packs a day. I feel confident I have stopped for good, but don’t take it for granted.

For me the most important things have been:
    – making up my mind that I have stopped for good and won’t smoke again
    – every time I get a pang of craving I tell myself “No, I do not want to smoke a cigarette. That would be a disaster. The craving will pass”
    – I also regularly tell myself “I’m so glad I stopped smoking” (and I am)

I had stopped several times before for up to 3 months, notably using Alan Carr’s Easy Way To Stop Smoking. I used it again this time, and made a list of of what to think/tell myself at various points in quitting.

Alcohol triggered intense cravings and led to me start again in the past. So, I did not drink at all for the first 3 months of non-smoking. I now drink very lightly; maybe 1 glass of wine with a meal, or one beer at a bar with friends.

I did experience mild flu like symptoms at first, and coughed for the first three months, with phlegm coming off my lungs. I went through a period of sweating at night.

I know now I smoked because I was a drug addict to nicotine, not because I enjoyed smoking. All through my life I always wanted to stop and regretted starting. I was afraid I would miss smoking but I don’t. I’m delighted I stopped.

Anyone can stop smoking and enjoy life again. In my country the U.K. 15 million people have stopped smoking in the last 20 years.

Good luck everyone. You really can do it.

24. comment-avatar

Joseph Mugabo

October 26, 2017 at 11:48 am Reply

Am now 5 days but feel some pain in the left hand shoulder

25. comment-avatar

Muahtaq

November 20, 2017 at 8:08 pm Reply

Easy to leave….i left from the last one month bt chest congestion still …..

26. comment-avatar

Jai

November 20, 2017 at 8:52 pm Reply

Can anyone help me out here!?..i am a 19 year old,i totally quit smoking a week ago i used to smoke a pack in a week past 2½ years..now I wanna detoxify my body & regain my stamina and health back .. how do i!? Anyone..!?also i am unable to take deep breaths and long runs are jst smthing i can dream of!!will i be able to achieve tht heal!?thanks for reading it.. drop a comment .it would mean much to me..thnx again!#neversmokinagain

Raj

March 3, 2018 at 3:30 pm Reply

Hi Jay ‘

Great move buddy keep going I had smoked cigarettes from 2010till September 2017 I quit cold turkey from last 6 months it is great decision to quit and the lungs will improve in just 3months time as I am 24 it took me just 3months to improve and your only 19so your body will do much better don’t worry make sure to keep away from your smoking friends as well

27. comment-avatar

OMAR

November 26, 2017 at 3:15 pm Reply

Finally quite after trying few times. My motivation is to be healthier and have quality of life.
    I start smoking at 12 lighting up the cigarettes for family members, now at 38 I’m tired of been hook!!! Is been 7 weeks and I quite cold Turkey ! Yes we can

28. comment-avatar

Riya

November 26, 2017 at 11:01 pm Reply

Although I do not smoke regularly but recently I smoked in November this year after quitting it for almost more than a year and that too thrice or probably four times. I have decided to quit it forever. What precautions do I need to take to stay healthy ?? Have I caused much damage to myself that might prove irreversible after sometime ?? Although I don’t feel anything that bad as of now except short breath and a bit of coughing. I was addicted to it once but now it actually doesn’t matter to me whether I smoke or not so I don’t usually do it on a regular basis, only when I am over stressed then only I go for it still I somehow feel a bit scared as I have a family history of cancer. Should I consult a doctor or are there other ways by which I can regain the “almost normal state” of my body and lungs ??

29. comment-avatar

David Sparks

December 11, 2017 at 4:32 am Reply

I quit smoking I smoke from the time I was 12 years old until I was 48 I tried to quit the million times just couldn’t do it then one day I got up I lit a cigarette he couldn’t breathe right threw it out the window I folded my hands bowed my head and ask God to please help me stop then it was killing me it was killing my two sons my oldest boy asked when he was four to stop smoking because he didn’t want to lose his dad and I tried I couldn’t do it then my youngest son came it a year after he was born God helped me but now I have COPD I was smoking five or six packs a day when I quit I drive a truck so I’m up all the time and I didn’t have anything better to do but smoke drive down the road so Not only was I smoking but all the smoke that I smoked stayed in the truck with me I’ll probably never breathe right again but I think God for helping me quit that I just wish I could figure out a way so that I can get some more air be able to do more stuff with my kids I hate myself for what I’ve done not only did I Rob myself but I stole time for my kids to I hope they forgive me and I hope God forgives me

30. comment-avatar

Michelle portlock

December 12, 2017 at 2:03 am Reply

Started at 12 quit at 68 am now 74 other complications besides COPD. Back in the day no one. Knew what smoking would do to you. So you now have a generation of ex smokers with COPD and other related ailments. Glad I guit, but I still like the smell, too bad we can’t have do overs. Good luck too all that are giving it their best shot.

31. comment-avatar

M Moody

December 13, 2017 at 2:54 am Reply

Day 5…yesterday was the worst for craving (on the vape sp just did that…not the same) but today the coughing started and oh man….30 years to smoking is not being kind to me! I am not really coughing anything up yet just that hurtful cough calling me a dummy! My back and throat hurt so bad. I pray that another few days of this is all. I definitely can breathe better and I’m glad I decided to quit. Anyone else have the 5 to 8 day hack fest?

32. comment-avatar

Mahdi

December 13, 2017 at 3:44 pm Reply

I stopped 9 days ago after smoking since 12 I am 35 and I don’t miss it. I feel amazing and I Am sleeping really well. Body feels awesome

33. comment-avatar

Pritam Sarkar

December 18, 2017 at 5:03 pm Reply

I am a patient of depression.I smoked almost 17 years.I just want to stop it but can’t.How now lessen smoking to 3-4 cigarettes from 16 nos.But this also affected me with cough problem.How to cure naturally.

34. comment-avatar

edwin

December 23, 2017 at 10:35 am Reply

I quit close to a month now i have been smoking sin 2010 i’m 24 years old since the day i stop i started coffin so ever since then i became slim and also have a fever in my body if i breath most time i will be feeling some kind of pain beside the right pat of my rib

35. comment-avatar

Teresa viola jackson

December 24, 2017 at 6:05 am Reply

I am 50 years old its 12 am dec 24,2017 i just put down my new ports for good im sure of that i have smoked for about 35 years can i help myself .. I never did fiend for nicotine ..i only smoked because my sister use to have me hold them so i just keeped smoking .. what are the healthy ways without medication that I can clear my lungs also and do you have any advice that I can do to clear my kidneys and liver naturally

36. comment-avatar

Bobby

December 25, 2017 at 4:23 am Reply

I smoked for 41 years.could smoke a cigarette I keep coughing after every draw.so I got tired of the coughing so I threw them down but after that body got mad and starting retaliation against me.put me in hospital 2 times for breathing…didn’t breath good.hospital said I had copd after going to the lung doctor comes to find out I only have asthma.i have flare up have to watch out for smells.its been almost 7 months being smoke free.before I was doing 4 breathing treatments a day now it as needed basic.if I can do it any one can.trush me your body will thank you for getting rid of the 7000 chemicals in just 1 cigarette

37. comment-avatar

joseph aragaw

December 29, 2017 at 6:45 pm Reply

thnks it helps

38. comment-avatar

Ayaan

January 9, 2018 at 11:47 am Reply

What about the physical difficulties that happens after quitting smoking

39. comment-avatar

Ryan Phillips

January 11, 2018 at 1:24 am Reply

Hey guys! I just wanted to share a little something. I started smoking when I was 18 and it was about a pack every 2 days or so, and every time I would walk up 4 stairs I would already feel winded (only 145 lbs.). Maybe a year back I completely stopped smoking cigarettes, stopped drinking, and started working out because I was exhausted and gained a lot of fat and was at 176 lbs. I had done a smoothie detox and lost 20 pounds in 10 days, and was running and doing p90x3. I’m 23 years old now and just started smoking again about 3 days ago and man, I feel like I’m breathing through a straw compared to where I was at before. I felt so good before that cigarette. So today I grabbed the rest of the cigarettes and snapped them in half and now I influence all of you to please stop smoking. It’s a terrible expensive habit. You spend about $1000 a year if not more on them. I hear people at my job everyday that smoke coughing up a lung every 5 minutes, and my great aunt passed away from this. My best friends mother was close to her death and was told she wouldn’t be alive the next day, quit smoking and still alive 5 years later with a new husband and a happier life. I can see the improvement in her condition just over Facebook pictures. So please stop smoking, I’m forever done today and I’m going to do whatever it takes to get my lungs back to 100% starting with this artical. Hope y’all enjoy, love y’all!

40. comment-avatar

Todd

January 11, 2018 at 4:53 am Reply

I quit 7 days ago. Simply decided I was done smoking for good this time. I’m 51 and started when I was 11. It was my stand by and go to thing since as long as I can remember. A competitive swimmer all thru the ‘80’s, with a Div One scholarship in undergrad… always one of the best swimmers in the nation ( I sometimes reflect and wonder how much better I would have been if I did not smoke a pack per day back in those days! Smoked on my way to practice and relentlessly after practice each night studying!). Then med school and late nights studying with my trusty stand by Benson and Hedges to keep me awake and alert! Then I began body building and doing triathlons, never considering how smoking a pack per day might be affecting my performance, after all I was in my thirties! Many nights after work, I’d take a scenic and long route home in my 911, top down… putting the events of the day into a manageable order mentally and the insanely rigorous patient schedule into proper perspective, happily smoking my Benson and Hedges… a quiet peace, just the crescendo of the Erving engine noises, the sounds of wonderful jazz music thru the speakers… Then mostly smoke free thru the forties…. then divorce brings out the represssed “friend”, with a vengeance!! Two years and five months, one to two packs per day every day…. ridiculous!!! Felt like a hospital resident, out of control… finally put this to rest last week… signed up for three sprint triathlons and two natural body building contests. This will be a true renaissance….. a New Beginning…. I intend to be done. Entrusted it to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ this time! He Alone will heal me and strengthen me thru this time! If I can do this, ANYONE can!!!!! Let it go, pray, have Faith and Believe….

Mike

March 2, 2018 at 3:56 pm Reply

Amen brother. I too am 51. Smoking 30 years. Would like to know how you did it. I just loss my wife last month to lung cancer. You think that would of made me quit?? No. So, I have mild copd now. Would like tips or any info on products to use or anything to help me get my lungs back in shape. God Bless

Jasmin

April 23, 2018 at 7:11 pm Reply

Hi! Take vitamin D naturally…. One of my trick is exposing my naked back out in the sun! especially early in the morning (sunrise) 1-2 hours exposure.. it really helps big time!

Kendra

June 15, 2018 at 5:30 am Reply

Allen Carr’s Easyway will change your life. Read it, you can keep smoking while you do, in fact it’s obligatory. By the end you will not even want to smoke. You will have no withdrawal. I’m a week in and I know from the bottom of my heart I will never touch another cigarette again. I’m not even suffering, it’s a breeze. I tried to quit about 15 times before. I smoked for 10 years.
        ALLEN CARR HAS HELPED 5 MILLION PEOPLE QUIT. THEY’RE NO DIFFERENT FROM YOU! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Victoria

August 7, 2018 at 10:33 am Reply

41. comment-avatar

Salah

January 12, 2018 at 2:46 pm Reply

I quit smoking from a month and still feel chest pain ?

Jasmine

February 24, 2018 at 11:43 am Reply

Me 2 I also still feel it and cold coming up still. But I breath better lungs are just healing

42. comment-avatar

Mary Rouche

February 19, 2018 at 11:41 am Reply

I have had emphysema for about five years. I was on oxygen during the day but not at night. I could go about two hours without the oxygen, and then I need it. I had a converter in the house and oxygen tanks for when I go shopping, etc. I am 64 years old and in relatively good health. The doctor said it was caused by a combination of smoking, dust here in Vegas, and 30 years of smog in California. I believed I will always need the oxygen to breathe. I quit smoking 15 years ago. But the damage has been done. January 2017 my pulmonologist and I decided to go with natural treatment and was introduced to Green House Herbal Clinic natural organic Emphysema Herbal formula, i had a total decline of symptoms with this Emphysema Herbal formula treatment. Visit Green House Herbal Clinic official web-site w w w . greenhouseherbalclinic . com. The infections, shortness of breath, fatigue, dry cough and other symptoms has subsided.  I am very pleased with this treatment. I breath very well now and exercise regularly, sometimes i totally forget i ever had Emphysema, I am thankful to nature, the medics failed. Share with friends!!

43. comment-avatar

rajj

February 22, 2018 at 12:08 pm Reply

i smoke 24 in a day

44. comment-avatar

Jasmine

February 24, 2018 at 11:41 am Reply

I stopped a month ago and I have still been going threw a lot I want to smoke so bad anxiety got worse but I’m sticking to it I wend completely crazy for a day or 2 but I’m doing ok I hope I get better I did it cold turkey and it sucks but I did it and am very proud

45. comment-avatar

Jean Hester

February 26, 2018 at 11:36 pm Reply

Standard Herbs Home your herbal remedy really helped me to cure the deadly COPD disease that almost took my life, i just want to say thank you and how much it really meant to me, i will make sure i tell the whole world about your herbal medicine, and make sure i donate some funds to your orphanage home. Thanks so much Standard Herbs Home.

46. comment-avatar

Kathleen Frost

February 27, 2018 at 6:49 am Reply

I think I’ve had fibromyalgia for many years but was diagnosed approximately 5 years ago. I was working at Walmart and was just exhausted. Not the tiredness that sleep helps. I mean totally exhausted, with muscle pain. My primary doctor diagnosed fibromyalgia. He prescribed Cymbalta around 4 years ago. Cymbalta was approved for Fibromyalgia treatment. Although it did relieve some of the pain, I still suffered from fatigue. November 2017 my doctor started me on Green House Herbal Clinic fibromyalgia Herbal mixture, 7 weeks into treatment I improved dramatically. At the end of the full treatment course, the disease is totally under control. No case of fatigue, muscle pain,mood swings, or nervousness. Visit Green House Herbal Clinic official website I am strong again and able to go about daily activities.‌ This Herbal Formula is Incredible!! My life is back.

47. comment-avatar

Michael Gardiner

March 2, 2018 at 11:56 am Reply

After nearly sixty years of regular smoking, nine weeks ago I went cold turkey following two chest infections in quick succession. It has really not been all that bad, though I miss the ritual of rolling a cigarette. I was not aware that there are so many quitters symptoms so reading this message board has been most helpful in understanding the quitting process. My thanks to all of you who have shared your experiences.

48. comment-avatar

Bashar

March 5, 2018 at 3:26 pm Reply

I am from Iraq I stopped 9 days ago and I have still been going threw a lot I want to smoke so bad anxiety got worse

49. comment-avatar

Frances Douglas

March 10, 2018 at 9:49 am Reply

Five years now since i quit. I just simply stopped smoking one day after 37years of it.

50. comment-avatar

Jonathan

March 12, 2018 at 4:14 pm Reply

Hi everyone I’m Jonathan, 28yrs old. Started back in 2010 while in military. Been through rough times. Finally pursuing a rewarding life changing career in medical field; nursing. On my 6th day smoke free now. Aside from learning in class of all the dangers, chronic and acute diseases of the respiratory system. I just said enough is enough. I’m taking my life back! I want to be able to live as long as possible and make an impact in life. I want to be able to see my future kids and grandchildren grow. I want to spend as much time as possible with my beautiful future wife. I want to be a role model for my future patients and children.

51. comment-avatar

Jonathan

March 12, 2018 at 4:20 pm Reply

Btw im doing this cold turkey. I’ve started the recovery process. More water intake, fiber, fruits. EXERCISE. I feel great! Haven’t even had a craving.

52. comment-avatar

Chuck

March 19, 2018 at 7:43 pm Reply

What about drinking Vinegar? Like Red Wine vinegar or hard liqueur like whiskey? Will these help clean your lungs?

53. comment-avatar

Casey

March 22, 2018 at 5:46 pm Reply

My husband and I are both trying to quit, I’m down to 2 a day and he’s still at a pack a day but I know we can do this! All of your experiences on here are a huge help, can’t wait til we’re healthier!!! Goodbye nicotine!

54. comment-avatar

D.

March 24, 2018 at 3:46 pm Reply

This is weird. It seems like a commercial for Herbal products placed on a vape site to people who are quitting smoking.

55. comment-avatar

Nathalia Linda

March 27, 2018 at 1:38 am Reply

Hi! This is my second time in the past month trying to quit. I’m a 33yr old female, I started smoking at 14.

I don’t eat meat, processed food, drink soda, fried food or any of the bad things we all know about, I also enjoy going to the gym 1-7x a week depending on my mood and/or schedule.
    4 weeks ago I decided to quit cold turkey, I started to experience heavy headaches at the end of the day by the 4th day, it is horrible. I became angry, agitated, fatigued, sad among other things. On the 6th day I started smoking again for two weeks.

Now I am smoke free for 8 days. I really hate all the withdrawal symptoms. I am a very happy, depressed free person. Suddenly I’m sad, I mope around, I don’t feel like gardening and cooking, it’s just not fun anymore. I want my self back.

I researched and learned many people go thru this and I just have to ride it out. So I am.
    Before quitting I was smoking 2-3 packs a week. It’s crazy how smoking can have this affect on people.
    I hope to stay cigarette free and everyone else too.

56. comment-avatar

Lenny

April 6, 2018 at 12:46 am Reply

FFS plz people be quiet . THERE IS NO CURE FOR COPD. Direct quote “There’s currently no cure for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), but treatment can help slow the progression of the condition and control the symptoms. Treatments include: stopping smoking – if you have COPD and you smoke, this is the most important thing you can do.”
    So no more herbal bull and lies for people here we don’t need it take your dipsh&t advert and go away you are trying to prey on people who are ill this site should have banned such pathetic advert scams……….
    smoked since I was 9.5 till almost 46yr old 30per day avg cold turkey job, breathing through nose much better on day 2,airways feel clear ( or a lot clearer ), cravings constant but eating shelled peanuts when craving hits and to keep hands busy, also apples and pears but gonna try spinach also.
    I’m sitting here buzzing my head off doing “turkey” but tabs can go bogoff I’m already thinking of what im gonna buy wen I have saved some dosh up , you try it make a list of things you want/need see how long b4 you can get it .
    P.S heart burn and sickness feelings quite often

57. comment-avatar

Jenn

April 8, 2018 at 5:15 pm Reply

I quit several years ago, after smoking for 14 years. Started at age 15, quit at age 29. I can’t stand being around it anymore. Don’t blow it on me, don’t expect me to stand and have a conversation with you while you are smoking. Don’t expect me to put up with the smell when you sit next to me. No. Gross. Smells like something is dying. I don’t want it near me and I don’t want to hear about how you’re “trying really hard”. You are either a smoker or a non-smoker. It’s up to you, and you alone. Smokers are gross.

58. comment-avatar

Uyanda

April 16, 2018 at 4:22 am Reply

Am 30 year old men smoked for 15 years now am 4 months smoke free what make this hard i quite smoking and drinking some time but am still going strong

59. comment-avatar

Avinash

April 20, 2018 at 10:22 am Reply

I’m 32 now.. Started smoking at the age of 21.. I’m having problems with sore throat and cough almost every day from past 1 year.. I completely became allergic to cold weather & water.. I quit smoking due to the same problem.. Now it’s been 3 to 4 months since I quit smoking.. I’m not having any problem with soar throat but still allergic to cold water.. I’m from India & it’s summer now.. I’m afraid to consult a doctor on my problem.. Someone help me to get out of my allergics i.e cough when drinking cold water & soar throat in winter.. I never had any problems of such kind before an year..

60. comment-avatar

Barb

April 24, 2018 at 2:26 am Reply

I’m now going on 18 days now that I quit smoking after 26 years u started smoking at 15 now 41 I quit cold Turkey my whole reason for quitting was for my health I also am trying to lose weight and I now jog and workout when I couldn’t before because I got tired and out of breath quickly. Also everytime I got an urge I eat fruits and veggies so i wont gain weight since I quit smoking and right now at this point I don’t really get the urges as bad I just keep myself busy and keep my mind occupied

61. comment-avatar

Pete

April 29, 2018 at 12:36 pm Reply

I’m 33 and I started smoking at the age of 12 and a half , I have stopped now for 6 weeks using nicotine patches the best brand is nicabate, they work in a way if you feel cold turkey isn’t the way to go. Anyway after coughing up my guts for the past few weeks I feel great and have much more energy physically and mentally, my body’s repairing it’s ability to create oxygen and I’m feeling great, I have tried to quit 8 times this is the second longest term, I stopped for 2 years in my mid twenties, anyone can spark a cigarette but it takes twice the persons strength to say no..say no and fight for your right to lIve. Keep Fighting God Bless.

62. comment-avatar

Mel

April 30, 2018 at 5:13 am Reply

Easy to quite To stay quite is the problem. First time I quite I lasted 4 years and for some reason thought I would have one and before I knew it I knew it I was up to a pack a day again. Tried several times over the years but never lasted..Well folks at 69 I am trying again. One month now and I’m determined i will never smoke again. Believe me,if I can quite anyone can.

63. comment-avatar

Dilip

April 30, 2018 at 2:57 pm Reply

There is a so helpful i quit smoking for me or my family or children …. For their our pure life this is so helpful for us

64. comment-avatar

Kiran kumar

May 2, 2018 at 3:08 pm Reply

Iam 24 now started smoking at the age of 21 and I stopped smoking just 3 months ago what can I do now please tell me any one i have body free from smoking effect

65. comment-avatar

Heather milne

May 3, 2018 at 2:41 am Reply

Just done 3mths was a heavy smoker .thank goodness no side effects like coughing etc can feel feet and gum nerves healing getting the blood back into veins thats weird feeling .So proud of me somewhere in my head tells me if i start again it will take me to join hubby So no more staying here to live and annoy my adult kids lol Stay Stong

66. comment-avatar

Sonja

May 7, 2018 at 12:55 pm Reply

Quit smoking 2 years and 5 months ago. Smoked it seems forever and quit 7 times before. I woke up on a December morning and just quit. I had a reason to quit. My husband and I are raising my nephew and we need to finish what we started. I am 70 years old and my nephew is 11. Nothing in the past motivated me to quit smoking like the raising of this child did. Smoking doesn’t kill you quickly, but it is aslow and painful suicide. It cost a lot too. Ironically, my husband had quit smoking and now he smokes again, very little, but he is smoking. He promised he wouldn’t. He lied. You need to find something bigger than yourself to make you quit once and for all. Do not rely on nicotine substitutes because they simply feel the addiction. Realize a couple of things. A smoker is always a smoker. We are addicted for life. You will simply choose not to smoke. You will feel better and find the smell of smoke disgusting. Always keep that thought in mind. Smoking will kill and does kill, but it is also so harmful to those that you love around you. Good luck.

Tami James

May 22, 2018 at 10:10 am Reply

Hi Sonya, just wondering what was most helpful to you in the early stages to fight cravings?

67. comment-avatar

Primo

May 16, 2018 at 10:26 pm Reply

hi i am an addict. have been for the past 6 years. nowadays i smoke a pack of natural american spirits a day. them shits the devil. so im going cold turkey. fuck what yal talking bout. gotta get back to the music.

68. comment-avatar

henry

May 21, 2018 at 9:20 pm Reply

I’ve been smoking weed in a blunt (tobacco leaf) or joint almost daily since I was about 16. Just turned 23 and its been 4 days I have not smoked. I have always been sensitive to pollen and the pollen this year here in virignia has been insane and causing me to have wheezing in my lungs and etc. My lungs still feel heavy however do not wheeze as bad as they do in the morning when I smoked a joint the night before. I am wondering when my lungs will feel lighter and less congested or if they ever will. Like i said im 23 and excercise regularly , honestly working up a sweat during the day is the only thing that helps me feel normal but even now i get what seems to be excerise induced asthma. Sometimes I wake up at night with shortness of breath (couple times a yeaR). I do not use my inhaler unless i really need to (I’ve had one inhaler for like 6 years, might use it like 3-5 times a year). Im wondering when/if my lungs will ever feel normal again! My dad also has some type of asthma even though he never smoked

69. comment-avatar

Edward Sheaver

May 22, 2018 at 5:59 am Reply

I was diagnosed with COPD 5 years ago and was taking Spiriva and Advair plus nose sprays to slow down progression. My symptoms have always been shortness of breath, and dizziness. I am a 54 year old male. the Spiriva wasn’t really working and I could not tolerate them for long due to severe side effects, so this year our family doctor started me on Natural Herbal Gardens COPD Herbal mixture, We ordered their COPD herbal treatment after reading alot of positive reviews, i am happy to report with the help of Natural Herbal Garden natural herbs I have been able to reverse my symptoms using herbs, my symptoms totally declined over a 9 weeks use of the Natural Herbal Gardens COPD natural herbal formula. My COPD is totally reversed! Their official web page is www . naturalherbalgardens . com After the herbal treatment I also finally was able to give up smoking after 20 years. I ‘m thankful to nature

70. comment-avatar

Donna Johnson

May 23, 2018 at 11:37 am Reply

Hi all, I am 52 and have been smoking since I was 14. My Brother who is 3 yrs older than me died five days ago from stage 4 lung cancer, which of course at that stage had spread to his brain within 7 months of being diagnosised. This is my 2nd day without cigarettes. I am taking Tabex 1.5 mg. this stuff is amazing… I tried Chantex before but I went back to smoking. I hope this time is the end… Good luck to all

71. comment-avatar

Fred Gilberts

May 25, 2018 at 3:07 pm Reply

A CT scan in August of 2009 verified that I had Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. My first symptoms were cough and shortness of breath. I was on prednisone and inhalers. My blood oxygen level was 50 and i was extremely short of breath, i was barely able to breath. I went through cardio pulmonary rehab, It helped but not too long before all the severe symptoms returned. December last year, a family friend told us about Rich Herbs Foundation and their successful lungs disease treatments, we visited their website ww w. richherbsfoundation. c om and ordered their IPF herbal treatment, i am happy to report this treatment effectively reversed my Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and symptoms. I am back on my feet, i walk daily now and has made me able to walk my two dogs again without shortness of breath or sudden loss of energy. My activity level is up again.

72. comment-avatar

Suraj

June 7, 2018 at 8:35 am Reply

Hello friends
    I am on 1 month of quitting smoking and not feeling craving but sometimes feeling mood swings and tensed and worried about that I am going to die and all shut and sometimes with breath problem and I got my blood report and HIV and X-ray as fit but not understanding it why it’s happening can anyone help me out

73. comment-avatar

john

June 11, 2018 at 9:27 am Reply

smoked for 26 years 1-2 packs a day, Gave my wallet to my wife, and do not want it back until I can trust myself. I have now gone 3 days, and feel completely awful. Can’t concentrate, head pounding, fidgeting like crazy, and on and on. If I had my wallet I would def be going to the gas station at lunch…. if I had even made it to work with out stopping. I hate that my will power sucks, but I know I can do it once I get past this initial crap. I’m not too proud to admit that I needed to basically just have the option taken from me to be able to make it. Its working and thats all that matters.

Kendra

June 15, 2018 at 5:33 am Reply

DON’T QUIT WITH WILLPOWER!!
      You are giving yourself such a wonderful gift by quitting! you are giving up nothing! Read Allen Carr’s Easyway to Quit Smoking. By the end, you will NOT WANT TO SMOKE. At all. You may still feel the odd pang, but your desire to smoke will be gone and you will brush it off as easily as fluff on your sleeve. I read it and it changed my life. I had been smoking for 10 years, and i have failed to quit 15 times. Now, I am never picking up another cigarette again, and I’m not even counting the days cause it’s EASY. Buy this book! Please! It’s the most important thing you may ever do!!!

74. comment-avatar

Alma B

June 25, 2018 at 2:55 pm Reply

Smoking is also very bad for your liver. I have an acute liver injury. Once I realized how bad smoking effects everything and how important your health is I quit that day. Also wasn’t hard to do being hospitalized for a week or two. Good luck everyone!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!

75. comment-avatar

Ravinder

June 26, 2018 at 4:44 am Reply

I have quit smoking 2 years ago, before that I have been smoking marijuana 1-2 joints a day plus 12-15 cigarettes a day for 5-7 years and made a fool out of myself. That was the worst experience I have ever had!! Ruined my mouth, lungs, body and career as well! Currently living in a small town to avoid the pollution of big cities. Nowadays, I feel so clear minded, regained of the internal strength, like to stay outdoors, And building back myself. I am 27, and having lot of life ahead!
    Not usually, But when I am fully drunk, I may take some drags of cigarette. And that little bitch looks good, But I don’t like it that way now, like I used to. So I am back. The old me before I started all this. My concentration/focus increased, I can run few miles without getting tired, I can work longer hours, can handle stress very well, since I am trading markets. Everything looks beautiful, work, passion, friends, fun, outdoors, even sex.
    So, People if you have come this far, you are damn serious, Dont ruin your life like this, Yes it’s your health your are damaging, which is life. Save that money, put it in index fund, be healthy, and save your family from this bitch. if you are failed in quiting, you don’t want it bad enough,. And deep down in your thoughts, you are allowing this. Stop it from there. HAVE SOME DiSCIPLINE, REAL HUMAN DOES. And if you don’t have discipline, You have become slave of this bitch, which makes you the real BITCH-SLAVE-COWARD. So look into the mirror, and DO IT.

76. comment-avatar

LEOO

June 26, 2018 at 5:55 am Reply

QUITED AGE 16 1YEAR 7 MONTHS MY 2ND TIME QUITTING

77. comment-avatar

Austin stretchnuck

June 29, 2018 at 3:33 am Reply

Stuck on the rockers tobacco and weed on top in the bong have quit smoking cigarettes completely but I just can’t stop it’s like 30 times worse then smoking cigarettes idk how to stop this crap I start like shaking after like 8 hours hoping some of these tips help

78. comment-avatar

Danea Audreyannah

July 2, 2018 at 11:11 pm Reply

I have quit smoking 8 days ago.. and I’m suffering headache, lungs infection, fever and cold .. But it’s ok I can do it!! for the helped of God! Yes ! it’s too much hard but I know I can do it.. I need to put on mind that smoking is not healthy to my body. Good luck everyone !

79. comment-avatar

Soraya

July 3, 2018 at 1:37 pm Reply

It has been 11-12 days now I’m 55 and started at 14. I was smoking between 1/2 pack to a pack a day, never smoked while I worked at first but then found ways to do it. I habitually had Bronchitis, Pneumonia, flus, and colds that would last 3-4 months. About 2 1/2 months ago I got a simple cold that has turned into Pneumonia. I woke up 2 Saturday’s ago and thought I hate smoking and I finally have 2 grandbabys. Instead of supporting the tobacco industry, and helping them to kill me, I would rather save the money i don’t spend in my grandchildren’s future. It has not been hard and there have been a few subtle triggers but I just don’t want to smoke again. Having to sneak out at restaurants stand in freezing cold temps and interruptions in my life that are just plain brainless, don’t suit me anymore. Nothing good comes out of it. This is just my humble take on my situation. It wasn’t even hard to quit, just made up my mind. I feel free after 40 years of killing myself.

80. comment-avatar

mark S

July 5, 2018 at 3:35 am Reply

In the UK you can go to your Pharmacist and ask to go on the “Quit for life ” programme, he will go through a few pointers etc and offer one of the readily available products Nicorette patches, tablets, gums or sprays etc if like me they never worked, he will offer “CHAMPIX” which is a 3 month programme of tablets that are supposed to switch off the brains craving for nicotine, when you start you take a .5mg tablet, but carry on smoking normally, you do this for a week, taking one in the morning and one in the evening after day 7 you up the dose to the 1mg blue one and choose a day between day 8 and day 14 to stop. I chose yesterday as my stop day, and all seems to be true no cravings, just the habitual going out for a cigarette to cope with so now I have a vape machines with 0mg nicotine so no need to go outside, all is well at the moment long may it continue.

But part of the reason for giving up is the WANTING to give up, if you dont really want to then no matter what products, or treatments you get none of them will work it must be the desire, I did it before because we were going through IVF, that was the motivator, this time at 60 it is a health issue that motivates me to WANT to give up.

81. comment-avatar

Grant

July 8, 2018 at 2:18 am Reply

I wouldn’t waste time/money with patches etc. The entire process of quitting is one big mind game. Your body doesn’t need the nicotine etc, your mind loves the routine of having something to do with your hands. You need to WANT to give up out of your own accord. A lot of people try to quit for someone else, while in their heart they still want to smoke because they enjoy it and don’t want to quit. They will fail.

If you truly wish to stop smoking for your own reasons, it can be done. Anytime you feel like you need a cigarette, replace it with another activity. For me, anytime i felt like i could have a cigarette, i lifted dumbells for 10 minutes. Instead of wrecking my lungs, i was improving my fitness, turning a negative in to a positive.

82. comment-avatar

Kenisha

July 15, 2018 at 12:06 pm Reply

I just quite it’s been a week already. I’ve quite several times but this one is the last for sure. It’s a mind game and if your strong enough you can beat it. Good luck to everyone who is on day one. You can do it. One day at a time.

83. comment-avatar

Dillon

July 25, 2018 at 6:00 am Reply

I swear quitting is only as hard as it is because we’ve had the idea beaten into our head that its that hard lol. Think about all the commercials that put it in your head that its hard, all the things theyve invented thats supposed to kill the cravings. Its all mental you just gotta realize its a habit and you gotta stop yourself from smoking the first cig. Dont let what others say and what the media feeds us make it harder then it has to be. Dont buy the pack, dont put yourself in a situation to bum them or smell the smoke, and dont drink if you know you are around smokers

jo

August 10, 2018 at 3:30 am Reply

On the spot…

84. comment-avatar

Bob

August 3, 2018 at 10:10 pm Reply

Reading these comments has been very helpful for me. I have 2 months no cigs and my mind was trying to talk me into buying a pack tonight, so thank you to everyone who shared here, my craving has subsided.

85. comment-avatar

Talitha Fetty

August 3, 2018 at 11:12 pm Reply

I just watched the youtube video with the black lung next to a healthy lung and I’m quitting today. I know my lungs are black I’ve been smoking for 15 years. I look young, but I feel like I’m almost dead I can’t believe how stupid I’ve been all this time! I just didn’t know, didn’t take it seriously. I don’t care if I break everything in my house and start cutting myself to relieve anxiety, I am never going to smoke again.

86. comment-avatar

Ali Syed

August 14, 2018 at 11:04 am Reply

It’s been 15 days since I quit smoking. Started at age 15 and now I am 52, smoked pack a day for all those years. It’s been rough but I got this application from playstore, quit tracker and believe it or not it’s kinda helping. I went cold turkey and so far so good. Cravings do come but funny thing is if you stay strong they usually gone in about 5 minutes. Feel sooo much better, all the coughing and wheezing is gone.love making is getting much better and the list goes on.

87. comment-avatar

Deidra

August 15, 2018 at 4:21 pm Reply

I quit cold turkey 4 days ago and used a single drop of doterra peppermint oil in the palm of my hand to inhale every time there was a craving and the craving instantly disappeared! Feeling great and will continue to overcome the addiction!

88. comment-avatar

Elsabe Swart

August 16, 2018 at 4:48 pm Reply

Hello my name is Elizabeth. I’m 27. I smoked for 9 years.I stopped 11 days ago and I’m sooo proud of myself. My father died from smoking he was only 56 (heart failure). I had a very big cancer fright 12 days ago. The results came back negative..I made a promise to God the day I came from hospital..I asked God to please give me a second chance and I promise I’ll never touch a sigarete again..I’m keeping my promise.. I started working out I’m eating healthy and I feel fantastic! I smell nice my teeth looks more white. Even the white in my eyes look more whiter lol..stay strong.. when you stop smoking dont do it for someone else.. DO IT FOR YOURSELF!! If I can quit cold turkey why cant you? You wont die doing that, but you will die if you dont quit.. Good luck all

89. comment-avatar

Paula Reynolds

August 29, 2018 at 2:43 am Reply

I am 61 years old and now cigarette free for five years. I have previously stopped smoking several times (once for four years!)then started again. My thoughts are that once you are over the physical addiction – about a week – it is the mental addiction that is the problem. It is easier if you give up with a partner and encourage each other. The cravings remain for a long time at the times you would usually have a cigarette. As time goes on the cravings occur less often. Every time I felt I wanted a cigarette I told myself how bad they are for my health, how they stink, how ridiculous it is to stick something poisonous in your mouth. After a few weeks the cravings reduced drastically until I only wanted a cigarette if I was stressed, or upset or angry. I just kept talking myself out of it. I still like the idea of smoking but now, after five years of telling myself how bad it really is, I have no intention of ever smoking again. At first I kept away from friends and family who smoked but now, it doesn’t bother me and I have no desire to smoke again. We were brainwashed as children and young adults that smoking was a good thing. Now I’ve brainwashed myself to know it is a very bad thing to do. Good luck everyone!