Getting an electric rig that handles herbs and wax dabs is a plus, but what if it does not meet expectations? In many ways, falling short of expectations is the problem with this vape. However, there are some areas in which it excels. This article breaks down all the chief pros and cons.
Table of Contents
- Product Overview
- Unboxing the Starter Kit
- Build and Design Quality
- How to Control the Temperature Settings
- ROK Mode
- Cloud Production and Electric Rig Performance
- Coil Performance and Compatibility
- How to Use This Vape
- Dry Herb and Dab Compatibility
- Competing Products
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
Pulsar ROK Review
The Pulsar ROK is a portable dab rig that can be used with dab and dry herbs, making it perfect for people who want a dual-use vaporizer. It has a beaker at the bottom measuring seven inches tall that filters and cools the vapor.
Also, a percolator at the bottom of the beaker filters out the vapor as the user inhales. Additionally, it comes with a complete kit of accessories, and all the parts are removable.
The Pulsar RöK is not a perfect electric dab rig, though. There is room for improvement in the build and design quality, and its limited temperature options degrade the flavor. Also, battery life and charging time leave much to be desired.
Inside the Pulsar ROK Electric Dab Rig Kit
- One dabbing tool
- Two wire brushes
- One herb carb cap
- One wax carb cap
- One coil-free quartz V2 atomizer cup
- One coil-free ceramic atomizer cup
- Two silicone atomizer collars
- One USB charging cable
Internal Building Quality and Design
There are several things to like about the Pulsar ROK’s build quality and some things to complain about. First, all the pieces fit together very well, and they are all detachable. Their detachability makes them easy to clean and maintain. Also, it is lightweight and easy to put in a bag or backpack.
The main drawback is the glass chamber, which also serves as the base. There is nothing between the glass and the table, making it vulnerable to scratching and breaking. An improvement to the design would be to make something heat resistant that goes around the glass or beneath it. Such an addition would make the glass less vulnerable to accidents.
Temperature and Heating Settings
The ROK has three temperature settings: 3.4, 3.6, and 3.8 volts. Some people may think these settings are impressive at first glance, but the equivalent temperatures in Fahrenheit are 900, 950, and 1,000. Even though higher temperatures result in more potent vapor, that high strength comes at the cost of the flavor.
People who want smooth and good-tasting vapor will be disappointed. If they come out with a second edition, they need to make a electric bong with one or two lower temperature settings.
This vaporizer has two different ROK modes: ROK Out and ROK Mode.
- ROK Out allows the user to control the power and amount of vapor via the firing button. It times out after holding it for 30 seconds.
- ROK Mode automates the vaping session and is ideal for use in group settings.
- Start by pushing the firing button twice, and it will heat up.
- Ensure the carb cap is on and that a temperature is pre-selected or will not work.
- Press the firing button twice to exit this mode.
Performance and Vapor Quality
Needless to say, as mentioned above, the vapor quality is not good enough. The temperature settings are all too even with the bubbler filled completely.
However, despite the poor flavor quality, the machine itself functions flawlessly. The firing button is responsive, and the temperature settings are accurate, even though they do not do much for the flavor.
This electric rig is supposed to offer up to 30 sessions, but it only gives 15 to 20. Yes, most companies overstate the battery capacity of their products, but saying that a battery is good for 30 sessions when it can handle 20 max is ridiculous. The equivalent is a vape manufacturer claiming it has 3,000 mah batteries when they only have 1,500 mah.
Another problem is that the battery cannot be replaced, meaning the user is stuck with a $200.00 piece of machinery that does not work.
Finally, it takes up to three hours to charge. That is way too long to wait when there are similar rigs that charge much faster.
The electric rig has red, yellow, and green lights.
- The light pulses red when charging and green when fully charged.
- The light shines yellow when halfway charged and red when it needs to be charged again.
- Yellow also serves as a warning indicator, and all the warnings are explained in a few paragraphs below.
Pulsar ROK Coils
The advertisements claim that the Pulsar is a coilless electric rig, but it is hard to be sure of that after opening the package, especially when the manual calls them quartz and ceramic coils.
Heat-up time is pretty fast. Depending on the temperature setting, the ceramic coil can heat up to around 400 degrees in 10 to 15 seconds, and the quartz coil heats to 500 in 15 to 20 seconds.
How to Use the Pulsar ROK Dab Rig
Follow these steps to use the electric rig:
- Fill the base with water until it covers the percolator. This should come just below the halfway point
- Place the percolator in the recess beneath the body
- Put the beaker on a flat surface and then attach it to the body while carefully pushing both parts together
- Load the electric rig with a dabbing tool
- Press the power button five times to turn on the electric rig
- Press the power button three times to change the temperature settings
- Inhale from the mouthpiece and rotate the carb cap simultaneously
Dab and Dry Herbs Compatibility
The best thing about this electric rig is that it is compatible with dry herbs and wax dab. Its compatibility with both materials saves users from having to buy two separate contraptions. In addition, herb and wax carb caps come in the package and are interchangeable.
How to Clean the Pulsar ROK Vaporizer
Follow the steps below to clean the electric rig:
- Let the electric rig cool down and then clean the quartz cup with cotton bowls soaked in alcohol
- Put it on a table and remove the bubbler and diffuser
- Put the glass pieces in a deep plastic container filled with alcohol. Seal the container and shake the parts about and then let them soak for 15 minutes.
- Clean the parts with a brush and then rinse them in warm, running water.
- Clean the air path by pulling the silicone housing off both tubes and soaking them in isopropyl alcohol. Use the cleaning brush to remove any obstructions or blockages. Rinse with warm, running water when finished.
- Clean the body by removing the collar and coil.
- Remove the mouthpiece and splash protector.
- Gently scrub away any residual dab using the cleaning brush and isopropyl alcohol.
- Rinse the brush in warm, running water, and then scrub away the alcohol. A small cotton swab can also be used.
- Lay out all the pieces on a large washcloth and let them air dry before reassembling them.
Pulsar Rok vs Puffco Peak
The Puffco Peak vape has some advantages over the ROK, such as USB-C charging and wireless charging. USB-C charging makes it charge significantly faster, and wireless charging is more convenient. However, it vapes only wax dab.
Pulsar Rok vs Focus V Carta
The Focus V Carta vaporizer is a much better electric rig overall. It uses 18350 batteries that provide more vaping time than the Rok. It also offers a better-quality flavor. However, it only works with wax dab, not dry herbs.
Pulsar Rok vs Dr. Dabber Boost Evo
The Evo may not have the features of the Rok, but with the glass not on the bottom, it is better designed. So do not expect it to break. Also, the Evo’s flavor is much better than the Rok’s.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Pulsar Rok Worth It?
It is hard to answer yes to this question. An electric portable rig as expensive as this one should provide better temperature options, battery life, and charge time. Also, the limited temperature settings make the vapor very hot and harsh. Some people like intense vapor, and that is understandable. However, the poor battery life and long charge time are inexcusable.
Why Is My Pulsar Rok Flashing Yellow?
If the light flashes yellow, there is a problem. The problem could be an improperly connected coil, an expired coil, a short circuit, or overheating.
How Long Does a Pulsar Rok Coil Last?
The advantage of the coils is that they can last a month or longer.
How Long Does the Pulsar ROK Take to Charge?
This portable dabbing rig takes two to three hours to charge, depending on the battery’s status.
How Hot Does the Pulsar ROK Get?
The temperature is very high, which is why the vapor can be unpleasantly flavored.
Why Is My Pulsar ROK Clogging?
Portable rigs such as these clog when they are not cleaned regularly. To avoid this, clean the set-up once a week, as shown above.
Pulsar ROK Specifications
|Isolated air paths:||✓|
|One year limited warranty:||✓|
- Good for people who like strong flavors
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Long-lasting coils
- Compatible with dry herbs and dab
- Vapor is too harsh for those who like smooth flavor
- Charge time is too long
- The glass needs more protection
Final Thoughts on the Pulsar Rok
Final Thoughts on the Pulsar Rok
No one wants to write a poor review of anything, but sometimes it is necessary. The things on this vaporizer needing improvement are the temperature controls, battery life, and the glass beaker.
- Lower temperature settings would allow vapers to choose between harsh and smooth vapor
- A faster charging battery would make it easier to stomach battery life as it is
- The glass needs protection
Even so, they did get several things right. First, people who like bold and harsh flavors will like the temperature settings as-is. Also, it is easy to clean and is compatible with dry herbs and dab. These advantages are a good start, and hopefully, Pulsar can build on this success if they make a new version of it.