The Hot Box is a unique vaporizer developed by Hot Box Vapors. It is one of the most budget-friendly desktop vaporizer models on the market today. It is a U.S. patented, revolutionary, multi-purpose vape that is designed to improve users’ herbal vaporizing experience. The simplistic design of the device eliminates the need for instruments which complicate the vaping experience.
It is an herbal vaporizer with no dials or knobs, featuring an easy-to-maintain 2-piece wand which makes it very straightforward and simple to use. The Hot Box has been on the market for a while now, and its excellent quality and performance, despite its low price, has given it a lot of devoted fans.
Table of Contents
What Is in the Package
The device is a simple to use vaporizer, and it satisfies the needs of both novices and experts alike. Even more, the Hot Box comes packaged with the necessary accessories to meet the vaping pleasures of users.
The package includes:
- the simplistic ceramic device
- a 2-piece hand free wand
- a glass mouthpiece
- a glass tipped poker
- a hot box sticker
- the one O-Ring
- couple of screens
These included accessories add to the efficiency and user-friendliness of the vaporizer. Additionally, the package includes an instruction manual to direct users in the appropriate use of the device.
The Hot Box is a dry herb blend vape, and its design is simple and innovative. It is hand-made in Orange County, constructed with American professional labor, and most of its parts are from U.S. manufacturers. For a desktop vaporizer, it is compact and relatively lightweight, weighing only 2 pounds with a 7” x 7” x 8.25” measurement.
The build quality of this unit feels sturdy and solid as all its components are made from only high-quality materials, ensuring that users can enjoy the unit for a long period. The 2-piece wand and mouthpiece are designed with borosilicate glass to guarantee that the vaporizer is heat-resistant and unsusceptible to cracking.
It is a conventional whip-style vape, and unlike some of the other desk vaporizer models, a fan is not present in this unit. Hence, the Hot Box relies on its heating element for efficient, sustainable temperature. Thus, it features a ceramic nichrome heating element which is integrated into a stone housing unit.
The meticulous engineering of this heating element is so that its materials don’t incinerate or combust inside the wand. This highly engineered heat source, as well as the tile construction and patented stone of the Hot Box vaporizer, allows it to heat up and maintain its optimal temperature efficiently.
The Hot Box vaporizers come attached with a glass medical-grade tubing that is designed to withstand the hot temperatures which the Hot Box vaporizer exudes. The glass chamber is built to keep the herbs away from any electronic parts that could burn them and contaminate the vaping experience.
Temperature Settings and Prep Time
The device offers only a single temperature setting. This is positive for individuals who are new to vaping as they can easily vape with the Hot Box, unlike other complex models. With the Hot Box, users don’t need to fiddle with settings; a user simply has to turn it on and warm it up.
The temperature is set to make sure that the vaporizer doesn’t run too hot and it is precisely calibrated to help avoid combustion of the material. The temperature setting can’t be adjusted as it is handled internally by a self-sensing, automated system that determines the best and ideal vaporizing temperature without requiring user input.
However, this temperature setting can be a turnoff for more experienced vapers who prefer to regulate the heat to correspond to their vaping needs and desires. Also, the heat-up time of the vaporizer is extended. It takes ten minutes before it reaches working temperature. However, on the positive side, once this is done, the temperature remains constant and steady.
How to Use the Hot Box Vaporizer
It is an easy-to-use model, and it is offered in two connection styles: a hands-free ground glass connection style and a standard glass connection style. Both styles feature a 2-piece wand which can be easily filled and cleaned.
Vaping with this Hot Box is quite easy, and users only have to follow these procedures:
- Unpack the device from the package, plug it into a secure wall outlet, and assemble the wand
- Utilize the switch on the cord to power up the Hot Box. An indicator light pops up when the vaporizer is turned on
- Leave the Hot Box for 10-15 minutes so that it can get to the optimal working temperature. However, the period might be longer than this if there’s an extension cord attached to the vaporizer
- Grind the tobacco or herbal blend with an herb grinder before use to ensure the best vapor production. Use the glass wand to take up the ground tobacco into the chamber. Do not overfill.
- Use fingers or a utensil to fill up the wand to the level of the colored indicator line
- Touch the tip of the wand against the heating element of the glass, and inhale, when it’s time to vape
- Taking a steady breath at a gradually moving pace is the ideal method of inhalation, and a gradual pace creates hotter vapor
- Users can realize two-six deep draws with each whip filing
How to Use the Hot Box Vape for Aromatherapy
This desktop vaporizer is unique in the sense that it includes an option for aromatherapy attachment.
Vapers can use the vape for aromatherapy by following these steps:
- The aromatherapy attachment should be placed over the heating element
- Fill the glass chamber one-third full with the desired essential oils. Add a few drops of water to the oil to get the best results
- Plug the Hot Box vaporizer into the secure wall outlet
- Use the switch located on the cord to power up the Hot Box. The vape will get hot and start producing steam from the essential oils
- The oil scent will then be released into the environment
Cleaning and Maintenance
The cleaning of the unit doesn’t take much, and it doesn’t have to be done often.
- Before using the vape, check the power cord carefully to identify any signs of damage.
- To maintain the heating element, turn off the Hot Box after each use.
- As the glass wand is specially designed to come apart, it is easy to clean both the glass and the screen
- Clean the tube and mouthpiece once every month
- When the screen in the wand becomes clogged or discolored, replace it. To replace the screen, separate the lower and upper pieces of the wand, take the faulty screen away by pushing it out of the upper-top part of the wand. Put a new screen in by pushing it through the upper-bottom portion of the wand. Reconnect the components of the wand with the black O-ring
Performance and Vapor Quality
Considering the price of this Hot Box unit, its vapor quality is impressive beyond expectations. Users get large clouds of really potent vapor, and it retains the taste of the dry herbs or tobacco quite well. The quality and nature of the components that have gone into the design of this unit ensure that the vapor is potent.
Also, the combination of the glass design and ceramic nichrome heat source produces a tasty vapor. The vapor quality is such that compares with that of the more expensive models. Users can get an even better vapor quality by using only finely grounded herbs.
What’s more, users can also depend on the great performance of this unit. It delivers through only the whip method, that is, a hose or tube delivering vapor to the user. Users can have an awesome vaping experience even in their car as this unit has a 12-volt capacity. The quality, performance and durability of this Hot Box vaporizer are guaranteed by a 5-year warranty on the unit’s heating element. This warranty, however, doesn’t cover the glass elements.
Similar Products on the Market
The Volcano Vaporizer is well known in the vaporizer industry for its quality, durability and workability, and this is about where the similarities end. The Volcano is far higher in price, and it comes in the classic and digital models.
The Volcano provides great vapor quality for people with lung diseases taking medication. It is sturdy and not prone to breakage or malfunctioning.
The Plenty Vaporizer was created by the company that manufactured the Volcano Vaporizer – Storz and Bickel. It has a unique design as it appears to be a desktop vape, seeing as it connects into a wall outlet.
However, it is also like a portable device with its handle and mouthpiece that is designed for handheld direct draws. Its vapor is of high quality, and its price is on the high side.
Specifications of Hot Box Vaporizer
|Dimensions:||7” x 7” x 8.25”|
|Heat Up Time:||10+ minutes|
|Dry Herb Capacity:||0.50 grams|
Pros and Cons
- Great vapor quality
- Can be utilized as an aromatherapy diffuser
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Sold with a 5-Year Warranty
- Very simple to use and maintenance is easy
- Long heat-up time
The Last Word
The Hot Box is an effective desktop vape that uses tile in its construction. It is an aesthetic and highly functional vaporizer with many devoted fans. The unit is designed without any moving parts or temperature controls, making it the simplest desktop vaporizer on the market. It is a pity that this unit has been discontinued as vaping experts also benefit from the impressive vapor and build quality, which is offered at a very low price.