G Pen is a popular vape products brand. This brand has an extensive collection of products. They include vaporizers for dry herbs and concentrates. Their products have affordable prices. But, there are some 5-star products on the company’s website.
G Pen Elite 2 is a recent addition to this collection. This product is an upgrade on the G Pen Elite. This review will reveal everything you need to know about this high-quality vaporizer.
Table of Contents
What is G Pen Elite 2?
When G Pen released the original Elite vape pen, it gained massive reviews. The original Elite was the brand’s largest dry herb vaporizer. But the Elite II offers more than its predecessor. It has advanced features. They include a bright LED display, automated temperature control, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
All these features create a hassle-free experience for patients and recreational users. Its standout features are a large ceramic holding chamber. It also has an LED temperature and battery life screen, and a deep bowl. This bowl is ideal for high-tolerance vapers.
What's the Difference Between G Pen Elite and G Pen Elite 2?
These both products of Grenco Science. Both are elite vapes. That’s why you’ll find many similarities between them. But they still have their differences too.
The G Pen Elite 2 has a mouthpiece upgrade, durable body, and screen upgrade. Now, let’s compare the G Pens.
- The new product has an isolated airpath and an optional convection boost.
- The latest version of the G Pen has an improved heating system. The bowl of the current pen is narrower than its predecessor.
- There’s also an extra convection boost that will improve the vapor quality.
- When comparing the vapor quality of both G Pens, the Elite 2 is the better alternative.
- The isolated airpath will give you the original flavor of your herb strain.
- The ceramic mouthpiece of the latest G Pen version will preserve the quality of the taste. Furthermore, there’s a better filter screen and winding zirconia spiral air path. It’s easy to clean and will purify your vapor.
Grenco Science has a habit of releasing its products with a lean kit. This kit will contain everything needed to start vaping. The package include:
- An instruction manual
- G Pen Elite 2 Vaporizer
- Silicone Sleeve
- USB-C charging cable
These accessories come in a custom smell-proof hard case.
Internal Building Quality and Design
As discussed earlier, the Elite 2 has a similar design to its predecessor. It has a minimalist design, sleek body, and is easy to use. Because of the Elite 2’s design, you can use it. The body of comes from zinc alloy. This material offers durability, thickness, and solid feel.
This vaporizer has a mouthpiece at the top. Its control buttons are at the side, while a USB-C port is at its base. You’ll also find a small oven tool that can be stuck right into the device’s body. It is portable and can fit into a pocket and small purse. It can even be held in one hand. The design has grooves and dips that will guide your drip and help you hold the vape.
It has a colorful LED display showing the pen’s battery level, device status, and operating temperature. The display screen offers other in-depth accessibility features. Finally, the Zirconia mouthpiece offers a pure and cool draw.
Temperature and Heating Settings
A new and exciting feature of the G Pen Elite 2 is its heating system. There’s a dual heating ceramic oven. Dual heating relies on two heating systems for quality vaping. It uses convection and conduction for heating. What’s more? These heating systems can work independently of one another.
The temperature control is easy.
- You can use the (+) and (-) buttons to increase and lower the temperature of your vape pen.
- The temperature range for this device falls between 200 – 420°F (93 – 221°C).
Performance and Vapor Quality
The heating mechanism is efficient and produces pleasant results. When you light it up, the vapor is thin. After the heat builds up, the vapor will become thicker.
The conduction heating creates a vapor that is flavored and balanced. This device gives you the best vapor quality you can get for a small vaporizer. It produces good vapor that also lets you enjoy the cannabis strain.
The device comes with a 2100mAh battery that can run for 60 minutes. This is enough time to enjoy your vape. You can charge the battery using the USB-C port. Users can get the product from 0% to 100% charged in an hour and a half. This product has been one of the most innovative applications of the USB-C port.
Battery Level Indicators
As you would expect, this vaporizer has an LED display. It shows the temperature of the device and its battery level. You can customize your sessions. When using this product, it’s possible to time your sessions. Users can also swap the temperature settings between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
Material Compatibility For Vaping
This vaporizer is ideal for those who want to add a little dab to their herb. This is because of its convection boost and narrow bowl. This latest vaporizer allows you to compact more herbs. Doing this will make your dry herb burn evenly and create a better taste. The dual heating function ensures that you can enjoy more herbs in your pen at once.
How Do You Use G Pen Elite 2?
The device is easy to use. Everything you need to use this pen is on the body of the device – the power button, (+) button, and (-) button.
- Pressing the power button for three seconds will turn on the vape pen.
- To open the heating chamber, press the vape pen’s mouthpiece away from its body.
- The mouthpiece connects to the body of the pen through magnets. It’s easy to open.
- After this, add dry herbs to the heating chamber. But do not overload this chamber for optimal performance.
- Make sure you do not overload the device.
- Reattach the mouthpiece and enjoy your vape experience.
- Select the optimal temperature for your vape pen. Double press the power button to get started. This pen’s temperature is 360°F. Haptic feedback will inform you when the device gets to the selected temperature.
- Next, use your draw to maintain the temperature of your device. The picking or packing tool is an essential accessory. It will fill the chamber and clean it.
- The G Pen Elite II will turn off after five minutes of no drawing or usage. You can also turn it off by holding the power button for three seconds.
How Do I Clean My G Pen Elite 2?
- You’ll need a cotton swab and isopropyl alcohol to clean this vaporizer.
- Dip the cotton swab in alcohol shortly. Squeeze out any extra moisture.
- Use the cotton swab to wipe the interior ceramic of the vape.
- Also, clean underneath the vaporizer’s mouthpiece.
- Don’t forget to remove the silicone insert and wipe the interior of the mouthpiece.
- For better results, detach the screen, silicone insert, zirconia mouthpiece, and spiral ceramic air path.
- Soak them in isopropyl alcohol for a few minutes.
- Next, remove these components and rinse them. Finally, air-dry all the cleaned components and reassemble them.
G Pen Elite 2 vs Pax 3
The Pax 3 is a compact vaporizer pen like the G Pen Elite 2. They have a similar design, price, and heat-up times. This vape is sold at an affordable price. You’ll pay $50 more for the complete Pax 3 kit.
The G Pen Elite 2 has buttons. But there are no buttons on the Pax 3. Also, the G Pen 2 has a dual heating mechanism. And Pax 3 has only one – conduction heating.
G Pen Elite 2 vs Da Vinci IQC
G Pen Elite 2 and Da Vinci IQC feature zirconia components. Both also have sleek, minimalist designs. Both have onboard controls and USB charging ports. The G Pen Elite 2 will cost $20 more than the Da Vinci vaporizer.
Is the G Pen Elite 2 Worth It?
If you’re interested in an affordable vaporizer that packs a punch, it’s a great choice. It has a combination of top features at an affordable price. Also, you’ll get top-quality draw performance. This vaporizer also preserves the taste of your favorite cannabis strain.
Does the G Pen Elite 2 smell?
Due to the nature of its design, the device doesn’t smell. The residue can build up and create a lingering smell.
Does the G Pen Elite 2 come with a mouthpiece?
It comes with a Zirconia mouthpiece. This mouthpiece has a spiral airflow for optimal draw performance.
How long do the G Pen 2 Coils last?
Depending on usage, it should last 10 – 14 days.
G Pen Elite 2 Specifications
|4.6in x 1.2in x 1.1in
|Heating Chamber Capacity:
|up to 0.5g
|2100mAh (60 minutes)
|USB-C charging port
|Full colour LCD screen:
- On-screen controls
- Compact design
- Easy to use
- Clean heating
- Slow charge time
- Mouthpiece magnetic connection may weaken over time
If you enjoy vaping but are looking for a compact portable pen to optimize your experience, G Pen Elite II is the answer. It’s easy to use and can fit anywhere.
Many argue about the device’s usefulness. They feel the it has too many similarities with its predecessor. But this latest version has subtle upgrades. These include the zirconia spiral air path, an upgraded USB-C charging port, a narrower bowl, and a screen upgrade. It’s a great option to preserve the flavor of your favorite strain.
Many original G Pen Elite fans want to try out this product. Let us know your feelings about this latest G Pen device in the comment section.