Aspire Atlantis makes excellent gear and accessories for vaping, and their tanks are no exception. This is especially the case for their Atlantis line of tanks.
They are the perfect addition to mods, offering a lot of flavors and more cloud production than usual. Both of these tanks are capable of delivering an excellent vaping experience once they are properly broken in.
Table of Contents
Aspire Atlantis Review
The first Atlantis tank helped set the stage for this line’s additional products, so it is worth examining. The best way to summarize this tank is by describing it as a high-performance sub-ohm clearomizer with several features knowledgeable vapers will appreciate.
These features built into the tank make it better than the Nautilus and Nautilus Mini in a lot of ways. It has become so popular because it is a sub-ohm device that produces a lot of vapor and flavor without the hassle that comes with using an RBA or RDA.
The Atlantis tank brings a high-performance sub-ohm coil to the table that allows users to generate huge, puffy clouds of vapor easily. It has a very well-designed adjustable airflow system.
Airflow control is one of the top reasons to buy this tank because it allows vapers to customize their vaping experience more so than is the case with other tanks. By adjusting the settings, the user can take restricted, deep lung hits, and everything else in between without a problem.
One of the problems a lot of vapers have with their clearomizers is that they do not provide enough vapor. Some people have gone so far as to widen the airflow slots on their clearomizers with drills and files to increase airflow!
This is not a problem with Atlantis because the slots are sufficiently large enough to deliver decent airflow. In fact, the airflow slots in the Atlantis are even better than those found in the Nautilus.
As a point in comparison, the smallest airflow setting on Atlantis is as large as the biggest setting on the Nautilus.
The Atlantis is compatible with a lot of mods because it has 510 threaded. The threading on the tank is smooth, and once it is put in the mod, it stays there firmly and securely without stripping the threads.
When choosing a battery, the shopper has to take into consideration the tank’s power consumption. This tank requires a lot of power, and with a lot of mods, it simply will not adequately fire. When looking for a battery, make sure to find a mod capable of operating over 30 watts or 25 amps or higher.
There are several mods with which this device is compatible.
- The best mod to use with the Aspire is the Cloupor T8. It runs up to 150 watts, and the mod is compatible with 0.15-4.0 ohm atomizers.
- A runner up to this mod is the VaporFi Vox II 50 watt mod. It has a seven to 50-watt range and an atomizer resistance ranging from 0.2 to 3.0 ohms.
The best deal for finding a compatible mod for the Aspire is the Aspire CF starter kit. It comes not only with the tank, but a replacement glass, two coils, and an additional five coils in a separate pack.
There is only one flaw with this tank, and that is its e-juice capacity. It only holds 2 ml, which is not enough for a tank like this one. It would have been better had they made a 4 ml tank. They did not, and they did not even include a replacement bubble glass to increase the amount of juice it can hold. This does not affect performance, but it is still a big con.
Internal Build Quality and Design
The quality of the construction of this tank is superb, which is why it has garnered so much popularity.
The glass is made from Pyrex, which is the best type of glass for tanks on the market today. With the glass installed, users can handle the device without worrying too much about damaging the tank.
The internal quality of the tank is just as good as the outside. All the internal parts hold together very well, as evidenced by a drop test we conducted.
The tank was dropped from one, three, and four feet, and it worked after each drop. Still, it is best to be careful with it. It is a mechanical device, and it will malfunction if it is continuously mishandled.
Aspire Atlantis Review for Coils and Wattage
- The bottom vertical coils used in this clearomizer are popular and efficient because they increase the vapor and evenly distribute heat.
- There is nothing in the middle of the coil, which blocks the airflow and degrades the taste.
Aspire Atlantis Review for Flavor and Vapor Quality
This is definitely a tank for cloud chasers, but the flavor is good as well. The mod should be set at 35 to 40 watts using an e-juice with a 70/30 VG/PG ratio to get the best results. It also works well at slightly higher wattages, but if the wattage is too high, the tank will burn through the e-juice.
Considering that the tank holds only 2 ml of juice, it is a good idea to be conservative with the mod’s settings.
Aspire Atlantis 2 Review
Aspire has just come out with a new version of Atlantis.
- The Atlantis 2 has many upgrades that make it a better tank, including organic Japanese cotton, new coils, and a larger e-juice capacity.
- It only holds 3 ml, which is still not a lot, but it is a considerable improvement over the original’s 2 ml.
One of the most significant areas of improvement for this product is the coils. The new product works with three replacement coils of different ohms. Choose between 0.3, 0.5, and 1.0 ohm coils. The coils facilitate air and juice flow remarkably well because they have more and larger holes and a wide airflow shaft.
There are also two airflow slots on the tank itself and slots in the drip tip. All of this airflow is a huge bonus since they cool down the vapor, making it easier to vape at higher wattages.
Vapor and flavor are other areas in which Aspire has vastly upgraded this tank. The best wattage range is 60 to 90 watts. 60 watts is a good place to start vaping. This wattage produces a respectable amount of vapor but not much in the way of flavor.
Vaping between 70 and 80 watts is the best range for this tank. Here the vapor starts to get warmer and puffier, and the flavor improves immensely. The best coil for this range is the 0.3-ohm coil.
Also, make sure to open the drip to airflow. If the drip is left closed, the vapor will burn the mouth.
- 90 watts is a good level to vape, too, especially for those who want to fill a room with nicotine clouds. With the airflow open, this wattage is comfortably warm, and there are few to no dry hits.
- The 0.5 and 1.0-ohm coil is meant to be used up to 60 watts, but it did not do anything special in terms of flavor or vapor. For the best results, stick to the 0.3-ohm coils.
The tank is made out of stainless steel and Pyrex glass, so it is very durable. Plus, there are no issues with leaking. Also, taking the tank apart and putting it back together again is simple, which is one of the best aspects of the design.
There are a few downsides to buying this vape.
- Firstly, as stated in the first paragraph of this section, the e-juice capacity is too low, and there is no extension tank. Those who want an Aspire tank with a lot of e-liquid capacity should look at the Atlantis Mega and Atlantis EVO.
- Secondly, the kits do not include a spare Pyrex glass the way the original kits did.
- Finally, it is only compatible with Aspire’s drip tip. Yes, it is a good drip tip with excellent airflow, but some people will not like the fact they cannot use their own.
Frequently Asked Questions
What coils fit in the Atlantis?
The coils for both the Atlantis and Atlantis 2 are cross-compatible. One area of caution is that the 0.3-ohm coil for the Atlantis 2 runs very hot when put in the original product.
The reason this happens is that the airflow in the original is not as good as in the newer version. Melo coils fit inside the Atlantis 1 and 2.
How do you fill an Atlantis Mega tank?
- The first thing to do is unscrew the coil and make sure it is fully saturated with e-juice.
- Allow five minutes for the coils and wicking to absorb the e-liquid.
- Take the drip tip and glass end of the device, fill it up with the e-juice.
- Fill it as far as the cut out and the chimney.
- With the open end of the glass facing up, screw in the coil, and then place the tank on the battery.
How do you change the Atlantis Evo coil?
Changing the coil is as easy as filling the tank.
- Unscrew the device by twisting the top cap.
- Once the top is off, unscrew the coil and put a new one inside.
Again, be sure to prime the coil and the wicking before starting up the battery.
How do you open an Atlantis tank?
- Both the Atlantis and Atlantis 2 are bottom fill tanks, so take the base off by unscrewing it.
- Take the glass off by lightly pulling and twisting it.
- Doing this exposes the chimney shaft and the coil.
- From here, the user can clean the device or replace the coil.
- To put it back together, follow the same steps in reverse.
Atlantis vs. Triton Coils
- There are four sets of coils in the Triton set: 0.3, 0.4, and 1.8 ohm coils, as well as 0.5 ohm Clapton coils.
- The wicking is made out of 100 percent Japanese organic cotton. This type of cotton results in clean and rich vapor and flavor.
- The best thing about these coils is that they are compatible with the Atlantis tanks.
- One pack of these coils is not that expensive, so it will not be difficult to switch out the originals to see which are best.
Atlantis vs. Cleito
- Cleito is another tank made by Aspire.
- The device is 510 threaded so that it can fit on almost any mod on the market.
- Cleito is constructed from stainless steel, and the glass is made out of Pyrex, so its build quality is on par with the Atlantis.
- Finally, they both have excellent airflow.
- The major difference is e-juice capacity.
- The Cleito holds slightly more e-juice than its competitor.
- Unfortunately, neither of them come with a replacement bubble glass, and 3.5 ml is not much better than Atlantis’s 3 ml.
Aspire Atlantis V1 Tank Specifications
|Sizes:||70.3 x 22.5 mm|
|Tank Capacity:||2 mL|
|Construction Material:||Stainless Steel, Pyrex Glass|
|Bottom adjustable airflow:||✓|
|Drip tip airflow control:||✓|
Aspire Atlantis V2 Tank Specifications
|Sizes:||70.7 x 22.5 mm|
|Tank Capacity:||3 mL|
|Construction Material:||Stainless Steel, Pyrex Glass|
|Improved airflow and drip tip:||✓|
|Organic Japanese cotton:||✓|
- Heavy vapor production
- Excellent flavor
- Several coil selections
- Easy to use
- Durable build
- They do not hold enough e-juice
Final Thoughts about This Aspire Atlantis Review
The Aspire Atlantis line of tanks are products for cloud chasers who want to enjoy the flavor, too. This is especially true with the Aspire Atlantis 2.
Once the 0.3-ohm coil is put in it, and the vape is set to 70 or 80 watts, the user can clear an entire room with all the clouds this thing produces. The same thing goes for the original when it is at around 40 watts.
The downside to these products is that they do not hold a lot of liquid, and the V2 does not have a replacement glass. But, users who want more juice in their tanks have the option of getting the Atlantis Mega and the Atlantis Evo.
Readers who have used these products should leave a comment expressing their thoughts about them. Tell us what you thought of the vapor production, flavor, or anything else on your mind.
Leave a comment