VaporFi Rocket 3 Review – A State of the Art and Affordable Vape
As being one of the most affordable, high-quality vape pens currently on the market, the VaporFi Rocket 3 is a great choice for someone looking for the perfect kit to get started vaping. With its huge array of color choices and customizability. Not only do you get a huge amount of variety out of the box, but you can also get extra atomizers cheaply. If you’re looking for the high quality, compact and appealing feel, then head over to VaporFi website and pick yours up for the low price of $49.99 today! But first, let me tell you why!
VaporFi Rocket 3 Pros & Cons:
- 2,500 mAh Battery – Plenty of power to keep casual users vaping for up to 2 days.
- 3.5 ml, top-filling sub ohm tank – For an easy and mess free experience when refilling your vape.
- Three Wattage and Temperature settings – The ability to chose from 3 preset wattage settings, with LED indicators for each.
- Smart and Slick design.
- Cannot vape while charging
- No ability to set custom wattage
- Stainless steel look is prone to scratching
What do you get?
- 1 Rocket 3 Tank (with pre-installed 0.5-ohm Atomizer)
- 1 Rocket 3 2500mAh Battery
- 1 Additional Rocket 3 Ni200 0.1 ohm Atomizer
- 1 Micro USB Charging Cable
- 2 Pack of 0-Rings
- User Manual
Specs & Features:
- 3.5mL Tank Capacity
- Battery Capacity 2500mAh
- Battery Voltage 3.7 volts
- Atomizer Resistance 0.1ohm-0.5ohm
- Top Fill Tank Design
- Colors (Tank & Battery): Black, Purple, Red, Blue, White and Stainless Steel
- Ability to add extra Ni200 0.1ohm or 0.5ohm Atomizers
How does the VaporFi Rocket 3 look and feel?
The Rocket 3 features a simplistic, clean cut and professional design. Managing to maintain an attractive appearance while overflowing with functionality. Overall, the design is a solid 10/10.
Size and Weight
The VaporFi Rocket 3 features some of the cleanest, simplistic and professional clean cut designs I’ve seen. The device fits nicely in the user’s hand with a decent weight, not too heavy to be excessive, yet not too light to feel cheap. VaporFi have managed to provide a high-quality finish on an impressively stylish and functional pen!
The VaporFi Rocket 3 features the standard five press on, five press off the rule that applies to most batteries on the market. It also features a LED indicator under the power button; this is used to indicate the current wattage/temperature setting from the three available presets:
This gives the user the ability to control the wattage and temperature, something that tall style batteries normally do not offer. You can cycle through these presets by pressing the power button three times.
The LED indicator also serves another purpose; if the power button is held down more than 10 seconds, the battery output will switch off automatically, and the LED indicator will blink eight times.
VaporFi have managed to reach out to the starter audience for vaping, providing a more advanced feature such as changing wattage and temperature. Giving the users a sense of comfort when using their devices. Wattage and Temperature customizability is something that is not normally used on starter kits, normally reserved for the more advanced mods and batteries.
The Rocket 3 Experience:
When it comes to performance, the Rocket 3 definitely doesn’t shy away. Packed with huge amounts of functionality and some of the best hardware it’s a strong contender to the majority of higher value vapes in the market.
Due to the 3 different wattage presets you have the ability to control the battery life, either going for the highest quality of cloud or simply the longest possible vape time to get you through the week. The VaporFi Rocket 3 lets you choose your desired output. Here’s a table with the average casual vapers battery life, each test was done by the users carrying out a standard 8 hour day (2 hours vape time):
It’s safe to say the VaporFi Rocket 3 has come leaps and bounds from the model before. Highlighting and fixing many of the issues found by the users such as leaking tanks, poor battery life, and low customizability.
- Leaking Tank
The VaporFi Rocket 3 features a “leak proof” tank, meaning you can vape anywhere at any time, not having to worry about finding tissues to clean the juice of your hands, or getting it in your mouth.
- Burnt Hit
They have also highlighted and addressed problems with the “burnt hit” from the atomizer and upgraded to reduce the possibilities of this, however, maintenance and taking care of the pen will be the only true fix for this.
- Poor Battery Life
VaporFi have upgraded the previous 1600mAh battery to a whopping 2500mAh battery, similar to the size of batteries found in flagship smartphones! It will certainly address poor battery life issues, giving you a much longer lasting vaping experience.
The Quality of the Cloud
Despite the Vaporfi Rocket 3 only being a pen, you’d think it would have some trouble keeping up with the clouds that some of the larger mods produce. This isn’t entirely true, the Rocket 3 surprising packs a punch when it comes to the size and quality of the cloud. Due to the sizable battery and the presets, it comes with; you can hit quite large clouds resulting in an intensive and satisfying flavor.
In comparison to the Rocket 3’s competitors we believe it has a strong foothold at the top. As mentioned above, the functionality that this little pen pack manages to keep its head above water. The key factor behind this being the low pricing and the fact that it’s a starter kit, that contains much the same functionality as some of the larger mods.
Assembling & Maintenance
Priming the Atomizer
To prevent getting a burnt hit from the device and potentially ruining the atomizer please follow these steps to get it setup properly!
- If the device is already assembled, remove the tank from the battery; this can easily be done by holding the tank at the base and twisting counter-clockwise.
- You will then need to remove the base of the tank; this will give you access to the atomizer and the reservoir. You can do this by holding the base of the tank and gently twisting the body of the tank counterclockwise.
- You will then have access to the atomizer; you can remove this once again by gently twisting it counter clockwise.
- You can then take your liquid of choice and put 3 – 5 drops into the center of the atomizer. Be aware, exceeding five drops will more than likely flood the atomizer.
- Once you have primed the atomizer, you can then screw the atomizer back onto the base. Next, proceed to screw the tank back onto the base. When screwing these back on, ensure this is only done finger tight to minimize the risk of it sticking.
- You can now remove the top of the tank, by pinching on the sides and unscrewing counter clockwise and proceed to fill up the reservoir. Be sure to drop liquid against the sides staying away from the center.
- Everything can be screwed back together; you can then take five deep breaths through the tank, helping the liquid circulate in the atomizer correctly. After, leave it for 10 mins to give the atomizer time to soak in the liquid correctly.
Using the Battery
This battery comes with a couple of features, once of which is a LED indicator. Understanding what the lights mean and how the battery works will help you to use the device to its full potential
- Turn on/off – Press the power button five times continuously.
- If the device doesn’t turn on, use the USB charger provided, plugging it into the socket on the back of the device, and then into a USB port. If using a wall outlet, ensure you’re using an adapter provided by VaporFi. Always fully charge the battery before use.
- To draw vape from the device; hold the power button while inhaling from the drip tip, releasing when reaching your desired amount of vapor. If the power button is pressed down for longer than 10 seconds, the device will automatically stop outputting, and a green light will blink eight times.
- Depending on the wattage temperature setting you’re using the LED indicator light will be a different color, use the table below to ensure you’re using your desired wattage. The presets can be cycled by pressing the power button three times quickly.
- When charging the device, it should only take 3 – 4 hours to charge. Be careful not to overcharge the device this couldn’t shorten the battery life or cause it to overheat.
Maintaining the Device
It’s important to keep your device clean and well maintained, failure to do so could reduce the lifespan of the device or reduce the quality of the vaping experience.
- You should wipe down the device quite regularly with a cloth to prevent any buildup of dust from getting into the device.
- To stop the battery getting in contact with liquids, unscrew the battery and use a cotton swab to clean the connector of any dry liquid or residue. Therefore, it will ensure the battery keeps a good connection with the atomizer.
If you come across any issues with the device not firing or performing to the correct standard. Providing the device is well looked after this will normally be down to defect with the device, therefore; It’s best to contact the provider/manufacturer to get a replacement.
However, there are methods that can be taken to ensure the risk of this happening is limited. The majority of the time firing issues are caused by connections being tightened excessively, resulting in the piece being forced where they shouldn’t be. The golden rule when ensuring you’re safe from these issues is to only tighten the device gently with your fingers. Never use tools to tightened the device, nor should you tighten it excessively with your hands.
If you do have issues firing, replacing the atomizer could be an easy fix and is commonly the main cause of this problem.
Additional information can always be found in the user manual provided with the device, or online. However, be sure to check the user manual before resorting to forums or posts online.
For as low as $49.99 (from $89.99), the quality for value is great.
The stainless steel design gives me the impression of quality and high standards. Feels great to hold, and vape.
To the naked eye, this pen could easily be misunderstood for a bigger mod, the cloud production is great, and wattage selection ability gives it the feel of more advanced vaping mods.
I think it’s safe to say that this little pen packs a huge punch, coming equipped with some of the leading hardware and technology. Hosting some of the smartest and highest quality designs that I’ve seen in a vape pen in a long time. You can tell VaporFi have learned from their previous model, improving on many different areas to ensure the users get the best experience when using this insanely low priced pen!
I don’t know about you, but I’m heading online to grab one “off” their store right now. You can do the same here.
VaporFi Rocket 3
Vape Rating: 90/100 by Vaping Daily