Boundless is a producer of cutting-edge technology vaporizers as well as other vaping devices.
Terp pen is a small and portable vape pen for vaporizing concentrates. The device is made to a high and durable standard, and the device is easy to clean and use.
The vaporizer has several excellent features, including a ceramic coil, timer, and magnetic cap.
These features, combined with its affordable price, make this the ultimate pen for people looking for a budget vaporizer with a high level of functionality.
Table of Contents
- What’s It Like to Use This Pen from Boundless?
- Is the XL Version Better?
- Unboxing the Package
- Construction and Design Quality
- How Well Does the Battery Perform?
- The Coils: Do They Produce Optimum Vapor and Flavor?
- How to Get the Most Out of This Vaporizer
- Cleaning the Pen the Easy Way
- Alternative Vaporizers
- Final Thoughts on This Pen
Terp Pen Review: What Is It Like to Vape?
“Easy” is the word that best answers that question. This pen has many features that many vapers will
- First off, it does not have any firing buttons. Instead, it has a sensor that detects when the user inhales, which causes the coil to vaporize the concentrates.
- The vaporizer is as easy to use as a draw-activated nicotine vape pen.
- The ceramic coil makes for very clean and pure vapor.
- Overall, the vaping experience is more than satisfactory.
Terp Pen vs. Terp Pen XL
The XL upgraded version has a few more features that put it a cut above its smaller brother. This does not mean that the smaller version is a bad pen, only that the XL has more options that will make it attractive to some customers.
The XL still uses the same coil, but it comes with more heating options and a storage compartment for concentrates, a threaded cap, and a larger body. The size may not appeal to some, making the original better for those who value portability above all else.
The vapor production of the Terp Pen XL is better because the user can adjust the settings. Vapers who care more about vapor should consider the XL over the original. However, the smaller version still produces a high amount of vapor.
The XL has three adjustment settings that allow the user to select the optimum vape setting. This is done by tapping near the USB port at the bottom.
Regular Terp has no power control, however it has a sensor to detect an inhale automatically and a magnetic cap that protects the coil from any damages.
Opening the Starter Kit from Boundless
In addition to the pen, the box comes with:
- a coil
- a dab tool
- a cleaning tool
- a micro-USB coil for charging.
It also comes with a small manual that will show how to activate, use, and maintain it.
Internal Build and Design Quality
There is nothing to complain about here. The vaporizer is made from medical-grade stainless steel that makes it easy to keep clean.
Also, there is no rattling or parts that do not fit together. Plus, it has a portable design that makes it easy to keep in a purse or pocket. There should be no problems in this area for any buyer.
The pen has a built-in 300 mah battery with 3.7 volt output. This battery is ideally suited to this pen, generating tons of heat resulting in thick clouds. On average, a user can get a full day’s worth of vaping from this pen, depending on how often the vaporizer is used.
Finally, the battery takes 50 minutes to recharge. After depleting the battery, the user will be back to vaping in no time.
Battery Indicator Lights
The pen has a small LED light below the mouthpiece.
- It glows blue when being puffed.
- When being charged, the light blinks until the battery is recharged.
Terp Pen Coil Performance
In a vape pen, the quality of the coil is 90 percent of the vaping experience. One can ignore a lot of faults if the coil is top-notch. It is outstanding. For one, it produces solid clouds. But despite being made for cloud chasers, the coil has high levels of flavor, too.
The best thing about this coil is that it is replaceable. Many pens have to be thrown away after the coil expires.
Thankfully, that is not a problem with this vape pen. When the need arises, unscrew it and put a new one on.
How Long Does a Terp Pen Coil Last?
The coils can last several months, which is much longer than the coils of many other devices available on the market.
To be safe, though, replace the coil every month and a half to two months. That may seem like overkill for a coil that can last several months, but they only last $9.99, so why not? Also, by replacing it often, the flavor and vapor production will always remain consistent.
How to Use and Clean a Coil and Battery
- There are many ways to use this device. The most obvious way is by using it as a wax pen. Preload it with wax and hit it on the go.
- Remove the cap and load it with wax using the dab tool.
- Finally, replace the cap and take a 10 second drag.
Another fun way to use the device is dipping and dabbing. To start, take off the cap and tap the coil onto a mat with concentrate while inhaling. The user can get large or small hits, depending on how much wax gets on the coil.
However, be careful not to fully submerge the coil, as this could cause problems with heating and airflow.
This technique is similar to dipping the coil on a mat with a wax concentrate on it, except a dabbing tool is used instead.
Remove the magnetic cap, take the dabbing tool loaded with concentrate, and then apply it to the coil.
Finally, there is the water pipe method. This works by inserting the mouthpiece into a 10 mm water pipe. Make sure the pipe is vertical and not at a 45 degree angle. If the pipe is at an angle, the apparatus will fall over.
When the device is loaded, and the bubbler is ready, draw on the bubbler’s mouthpiece for ten seconds. The water will make for a cleaner, cooler, and more flavorful vapor.
- Charge the wax pen
- Unscrew the cap
- Apply dab using a tool, mat, or water pipe
How to Clean a Terp Pen
The coil and wax pen should be cleaned once a week to maintain optimum efficiency. Clean the coil by burning away any excess material on it. Do this by removing the body shell and inhaling on the mouthpiece.
- The wax pen can be broken down into four pieces for cleaning: the coil, outer shell, battery, and mouthpiece.
- Clean each part using isopropyl alcohol with cotton swabs or q-tips, or an alcohol prep pad.
- Be careful not to get alcohol into the USB port.
How to Replace the Coil on a Terp Pen
The coil is easy to insert and replace.
- To install a coil, place it on the threads and screw it clockwise.
- Do not screw it on too tight, or it will be challenging to take off.
- To take it off, unscrew it counter-clockwise until it comes off.
Terp Pen vs. Yocan Dive
The Yocan Dive has a few features that may cause some people to favor it over the Terp Pen.
- It has a slightly more powerful 460 mah battery with three voltage levels (3.5, 3.8, and 4.2 volts).
- Both devices are e-nectar collectors and allow dab right out of the wax container.
- But the Yocan Dive is somewhat more expensive, but not so much that there is a massive difference in the price.
Terp Pen vs. Linx Ares
The Linx Ares has several differences from the Terp Pen.
- First, the price for the Ares is over $100.
- Secondly, it has two heat settings.
- Another exciting feature of the Linx is its “electronic honey straw,” which means the user can vape straight from the storage chamber.
- However, the Terp Pen has a few advantages of its own. Its most significant advantage is that it comes with a three year warranty instead of a one year warranty like the Linx Ares.
- Also, it is significantly less expensive.
Terp Pen Electric Specifications
|Magnetic cap for safe storage:||✓|
- Draw activated
- Long-lasting coil
- Excellent vapor and flavor production
- Portable and compact design
- Easy to use
- Voltage cannot be adjusted
Final Thoughts About This Boundless Terp Pen Review
This vaporizer is one of the best devices for concentrates vapers can get when considering the vaping experience and the cost. The coils do a phenomenal job at producing vapor and flavor; there are many ways to vape it and the whole apparatus is easy to use.
When the low cost is factored in, this is one of the best budget vapes one can get. The only problem is that the voltage is not adjustable, while similar devices like the Yocan Dive allow the user to adjust the voltage. Despite this one problem, it is still an outstanding vaporizer.
If you have any thoughts about this Terp Pen Review you would like to share, please leave a comment below.
Leave a comment