ELeaf has been rolling out a number of vape pens recently. All of them cater to vapers who like a more simplistic, clean cut and stealthy design. The majority of them host an all-in-one design. As a result, the firm has hit the nail on the head with their latest attempt in the ELeaf iCare 140.
Table of Contents
The Kit Delivers
- ELeaf iCare 140 Vaporizer
- 2x ELeaf iCare IC 1.1ohm Coils
- Micro USB Cable
- User Manual
The eLeaf iCare 140 in Details
It’s clear that ELeaf has stuck to their roots when continuing the design of their next iCare device. Opting for the middle ground with their latest, nowhere near as large as the ELeaf iCare 160. However, it is slightly larger than the iCare 110. They’ve managed to give a more professional feel to what was a tiny device. At the same time, they managed to include a lot better hardware and more features than ever before!
Size and Weight
The size of the ELeaf iCare 140 comes in at a total height of 122mm (including the head). It has an overall diameter of 14mm. As a result, it makes this design surprisingly slimline as seen in the iCare 110. Although I’m unable to give a specific weight of the device, it’s around the same as the previous iCare line. This is perfect weight to fit in your pocket without noticing it and using stealthily. The overall design and size of this device will leave you quite happy if you’re into the all-in-one simple and easy vape pens.
The ELeaf iCare 140 has a number of features, a majority of which are simply improvements from the previous models. Here are a number of those features which are worth mentioning:
- Power Button — As found in previous versions, ELeaf normally opted for a “hit to power” method. With the iCare 140, they’ve decided to go to the traditional power button to start your hit. This will definitely reach out to a different audience and might work a little better with a device of this size. This power button has been found in all the iCare line.
- Top Fill Design — The device hosts a top fill design, refilling the device will be easy as ever. In fact, it’s safe to say, refilling this device was more a pleasure than anything else. This is due to some factors. They are the all-in-one design, the non-leaking design, and ease of use. All of them really come into practice when refilling the device.
- 510 Tip Connector — The vape has a standard 510 connector on the tip of the device. As a result, you have the ability to swap out the default tip with some of your own. That is if that’s your preference. This gives the user a slightly more custom feel to the device, it could also help with airflow in some factors.
- Color Variations — With the new ELeaf iCare 140 you have the ability to choose from a total of 5 color variations. They are black, silver, white, mint, and red.
Using the ELeaf iCare 140
The performance of the ELeaf iCare 140 is quite impressive. This is when taking into consideration the size of the battery and the coils in use. You’re able to use the device for a moderate amount of time before the battery starts losing power. This will affect the strength of the pull. However, for the price of the device and the hardware that it comes with, it’s definitely performing great.
Let’s take a look at the two most important aspects now, vapor production and battery life:
The Quality of the Cloud — It has the the ability for either direct to lung or mouth to lung pull. You have a lot of variety when using this device. Both pulling methods are impressive and produce a decent vapor production. Just make sure you’re using the correct liquid when doing this. The 10w output from the 650mAh battery into the IC 1.1ohm coils are a decent combo and work well together.
Battery Life — The overall battery life is moderate on this device. It will keep you vaping for a lengthy amount of time. At the same time, it manages to put out a decent amount of power to the device for that great vapor production you’re looking for. Towards the end of the day, you’ll notice the power will start dropping in the device. The trouble with these internal batteries is they’ll drop power output gradually until it just dies. As a result, this will leave you with a slightly lower wattage pull, but not too much of a difference to be perfectly honest.
There are a number of improvements that ELeaf could work on with the next release of an iCare device. Here are a couple of the most important ones that we could think of:
— Providing an external battery or the ability to replace a battery. This could go a long way on small devices like the ELeaf iCare 140. Although, with the all-in-one design, I’m unsure if this is the route that ELeaf wants to go down.
— With the decrease of battery output, it would be nice if you could control the airflow. This way you can counter this when the power starts dropping. It would be a nice little feature that would also go a long way.
The iCare 140 managed to hold its own when it comes to the competition for this device. The majority of real competition comes from ELeaf themselves.
Therefore, it’s safe to say the iCare line are sitting pretty happily at the top.
They learned from some of their mistakes in the other devices. Also they made necessary changes in the ELeaf iCare 140. Therefore, I feel this all-in-one device is perfect size, perfect performance and overall a really great choice.
Firing Up and Looking After Your iCare
There isn’t much assembly or maintenance that can be done. This is due to the all-in-one design of the ELeaf iCare 140. This is a great bit of news for any entry level vapors looking to get into the world of slightly higher power and vapor production.
Priming The Atomizer:
- Taking the device in your hands, unscrew the tip of the device.
- Once unscrewed pull the tip out of the device. This will give you access to the coil which will be sat on the end of the metal rod connected to the tip.
- If there isn’t a coil connected, get one of the coils provided with the starter kit and connect it to the end of the rod. Be careful not to tighten too much.
- Taking the Juice of your choice, put 4 – 5 drops in and around the wick inside the coil.
- Put the Atomizer to one side while you fill the tank if needed. If not, then, screw the tip back onto the device.
Filling the Device:
- If you haven’t removed the atomizer and tip already, you can do so by unscrewing the tip and pulling it out of the device.
- With the liquid of your choice, fill the tank up to the max fill line displayed on the outside of the case. This is on the inside the body of the device.
- Once max fill line has been reached you can re-connect the atomizer and tip to the device. Be careful not to overtighten.
- Once the device is fully contented, take 4 – 5 dry hits on the device (WITHOUT POWER). This will let the liquid circulate the atomizer.
- Then, allow the device to sit for 5 – 10 mins before taking your first powered hit.
When maintaining the device there is not much you can do. The majority of problems that poor maintenance create will not be a concern due to the design of the ELeaf iCare 140. However, there are a couple things you should do, just to ensure the device runs correctly.
- Wipe down the exterior of the device whenever you get the opportunity. This will remove any buildup of dust on the device. This could eventually find it’s way into the inside of the device, around the button for example.
- Replacing the coil whenever you start to taste a burned flavor or anything that isn’t consistent. If you feel you need to change the coil but the tank is still full, that is no problem. Simply remove the tip and replace the coil as usual. This is because of the top fill device, you can replace it at any time.
Any additional information on the device can always be found in the user manual provided with the starter kit. We urge you to check the user manual before going online for answers. The internet is great and filled with pages upon pages of answers. However, sometimes, the legitimacy of the content can be questionable.
|Eleaf iCare 140
- Internal built-on Battery
- Moderate Vapor Production
- Supports nic salts
- Small & Clean Design
- A bit outdated
- Non-Adjustable Airflow
- Power Fails over time
Summary of the ELeaf iCare 140
With this device coming in at less than $15, there’s no question in the device being a great bargain.
The overall design, similar to the majority of all-in-one vapes, manages to keep up with the trend. It provides a clean and professional design, however, it’s nothing special.
The overall performance of this device when taking the price into consideration is quite impressive. It hosts a decent battery and a moderate coil. Therefore, you’ll be getting some great vapor production and battery life out of this little beast.
All in all, the ELeaf iCare 140 has managed to keep up with the competition. Furthermore, they have maintained the high standard expected from them after their previous releases. They have a number of changes that they will need to make if they plan to carry on their iCare line. However, I have no doubt in my mind that they’ll be able to do that.