The Uwell Yearn Neat 2 is a 12-watt mod powered by a 520 mah battery. The juice is vaporized by a 0.9 PHM UN2-Mesh H coil inside a 2 ml pod. It is very lightweight, portable, and comfortable to vape.
Additionally, it has a buttonless design and is draw-activated to eliminate auto-firing. This is an excellent mod system for people who want to vape salt nicotine and while getting as much flavor from their liquids as possible.
Table of Contents
Vape Experience Review
This device is excellent all around. The first thing the user notices is how light and compact it is. The size makes it an excellent on-the-go vape. It is a draw-activated vape, and it does not come with any firing buttons, and the airflow is nice and tight like that of a cigarette.
The output is very steady, and there are no hiccups when it is in use. The flavor is delicious, too, thanks to Pro-Focs flavor technology.
This is not a sub-ohm vape, so it will not produce a lot of vapor. It has a high resistance coil, which pairs well with high propylene glycol salt nicotine juice. Such liquids are vaped for their flavor, not their abilities to produce clouds. Still, it has around the same amount of vapor as a cigarette makes smoke.
The Yearn 2 has all of the essential safety features needed to operate safely and efficiently. It has short-circuit, overtime, open-circuit, and low battery protection. Also, the pod is magnetically connected to the battery.
The Differences Between the Uwell Yearn Neat 2 and Original
There are many similarities and differences between these mods.
- First, they have similar outer designs that make them comfortable to hold and highly portable. There will be no problem putting either of these vapes in a shirt or jeans pocket, purse, or backpack.
- Also, they both have mouthpieces that fit the lips comfortably.
- Finally, they both have the same Pro-Focs flavor technology.
- The differences lie in the technical specifications. The original Yearn puts out 11 watts instead of 12, and the Uwell Yearn pod has higher resistance 1.4 ohm coils. It also has a smaller 370 mah battery.
- Another difference is that the original version is smaller, making it slightly easier to transport.
These are both excellent mods, but the Yearn Neat 2 is better for people who want something with slightly lower resistance and more battery life. But the original Yearn is ideal for those who want a vape with a higher resistance coil and smaller.
Opening the Uwell Yearn Neat 2 Kit
This vape kit does not come with a lot, but it does not need a lot either. All that is inside the kit is a mod, pod, and user manual. The kit would be better if it came with an extra pod. The 1.4 ohm Kanthal refillable pod would have been a great addition to this pod.
Internal Building Quality and Design
The mod measures 102.5 x 11.5 x 22.1 mm, and it weighs 27.9 grams. The vape is constructed from PC and PCTG material, giving it a solid build. Also, these Uwell Yearn pods do not leak at all. That is a pleasant surprise, considering that most pods leak a little bit.
There is almost no branding on it, and there are quite a few color options from which to choose (green, black, orange, red, grey, and blue). The only branding on these products is the word “Neat” written on the front.
This mod has a 520 mah battery, which gives it slightly more vaping time than its predecessor. Additionally, it has USB-C charging so that it takes one hour to recharge. The USB port is at the base of the mod.
Battery Life Indicators
There is an LED light at the center of the mod that indicates battery power levels:
- Green: 100 to 60 percent
- Blue: 60 to 30 percent
- Red: Less than 20 percent
The Uwell Yearn Neat 2 Pod
The kit comes with a single Neat pod with a 0.9 ohm mesh coil. It uses Pro-Focs flavor technology, which significantly improves the flavor over that of many of its competitors. The taste is excellent, and the vapor is very rich.
The Neat pod is also very responsive, hitting almost instantly thanks to the sensor inside. Hitting it is similar to puffing a burning cigarette. The pod is magnetically connected to the battery, and it fits securely without any wiggling.
The Uwell Yearn Neat 2 Coil
It is important to note that the coil is not replaceable. Also, it is not worth replacing it because the pods are easy to replace. Replacement packs with two pods can be found on sites like Element Vape for $7.99.
How to Use This Device
There is not a lot when it comes to using this device. Since it is draw-activated, puff on the mouthpiece to turn it on, the sensor will automatically produce vapor. Slide the pod into the battery, and it will click into place immediately thanks to the magnetic connection. To recharge, plug the USB-C cable into the port at the base.
How to Refill These Mods
Refilling is easy. Pull out the pod and then remove the filler plug located on the side beneath the mouthpiece. Tilt the pod to the side refill using a syringe. Using a syringe will reduce the chances of spilling juice.
Step-by-Step Guide for Using Uwell Yearn Neat 2 Kits
- Charge the mod by plugging the USB-C cord into the USB port at the bottom. Wait one hour for it to charge.
- Unplug the USB-C cord and pull out the pod. Remove the filler plug and refill it.
- Reinsert the pod and puff on the mouthpiece.
Uwell Yearn Neat 2 vs. Uwell Caliburn Pod Kit
- They are both draw-activated, but the Caliburn gives users the option of using a firing button.
- Another difference is that the Caliburn uses a higher resistance 1.4 ohm coil.
- Other than that, these are very similar mods.
- They both use pods with 2 ml liquid capacity, 52mah batteries, and Pro-Focs flavor technology.
- Either device would be a good choice, but the Yearn Neat puts out slightly more wattage and is several dollars less expensive.
Uwell Yearn Neat 2 vs. Hugo Vapor Z One Pod System Kit
- The Hugo Vapor Z One has an onboard 520mah battery with a three-color battery indicator light, and it is draw-activated and button operated.
- There is also the 1.5 ml pod that is leak-proof, top-filled, and has a juice viewing window.
- The build quality is also excellent, especially when taking the magnetic connection between the pod and battery into account.
Uwell Yearn Neat 2 Specifications
|Wattage Range:||12 Watt Maximum|
|Pod Capacity:||2 mL (Top Filled Pod)|
|UN2-Meshed H Coil:||0.9 ohm|
|Uwell Pro-FOCS Flavor Technology:||✓|
|Magnetic Pod Connection:||✓|
|Short Circuit Protection:||✓|
|Low Power Indication:||✓|
|Charging type:||Type-C USB Port|
|Colors:||Green, Black, Orange, Red, Grey, and Blue|
- Excellent flavor
- Draw activated and easy-to-use
- A solid connection between the vape and pod
- Leak-free pods
- Outstanding form factor
- Only one pod in the kit
Closing Thoughts on This New Uwell Product
There is not a lot to complain about here about this new vape from Uwell. This mod does an excellent job of generating high levels of flavor, and it is easy to use because of the draw activation sensor.
It also charges quickly, thanks to the USB-C port. Additionally, it is lightweight and portable, and the high build quality prevents the pod from leaking. The only problem with the mod is that only one pod is included in the starter kit. A 1.4 ohm pod would have been an excellent addition to the starter kit. Even so, this is an awesome mod for those who want a flavorful vape experience.
If you want to share your thoughts about this Uwell pod system kit, please leave a comment below. We appreciate everything our readers have to say about the products we review.
Leave a comment