The Smok Arcfox is a 230 watt starter kit that is IP67 rated and is powered by dual 18650 batteries. It is made from zinc alloy, and its IP67 rating makes it resistant to water, dust, and sudden shocks. Other features include a temperature control suite, a high-capacity tank, and two sub-ohm coils.
Table of Contents
Smok Arcfox Review: How Do These Mods Vape?
Overall, this device vapes excellent. It produces plenty of vapor thanks to the airflow, and it has two great coils that are ideal for cloud production. However, this comes at the sacrifice of flavor. It is a bit watered down because of the focus on airflow and clouds.
Battery life is outstanding, allowing the device to be vaped all day. Finally, this vape can handle 230 watts. Overall, this is an exceptionally good box mod for vapers who prefer durable cloud-producing kits.
Smok Arcfox Vapor Production
Vapor production is high because of the 0.15 and 0.33 TFV-18 mesh coils and airflow. The airflow is very loose, and the coils handle high wattages. Taking a draw is as easy as inhaling. It will take two or three breaths to exhale the vapor.
Smok Arcfox Power Modes
The vape has variable wattage and temperature control. Other than that, there are no additional power modes. One would think that a box mod like this would have a few different modes besides those two.
Smok Arcfox Safety Features
- Reverse Battery Connection Protection
- Reverse Battery Charge Protection
- Overcharge Protection
- Power Self-Adaptive Control
The Smok Arcfox Kit
- One Arcfox Mod
- TFV18 7.5 ml Tank
- TFV18 Meshed 0.33 ohm Coil
- TFV18 Dual Meshed 0.15 ohm Coil
- Bulb Glass Tube Replacement
- Type-C Cable
Smok Arcfox Tri-Proof Kit Internal Building Quality and Design
The build and design quality of this vape is outstanding. It is IP67 rated, meaning the device is shock, dust, and waterproof. This feature makes it the perfect choice for vapers engaged in outdoor activities or who work in blue-collar jobs or the military.
The exterior design is top-notch, too. It has a smooth metal frame made from zinc alloy and a leather grip. The mod is very ergonomic and can be taken anywhere without any hassle.
Smok Arcfox Battery
The vape works with two 18650 batteries and has two amp charging through a USB-C port. If vaping at the suggested wattage, the batteries will last eight to nine hours. The batteries take three hours to charge.
The battery door is spring-loaded and is very tight to keep the water out. However, the tightness of the door makes it very difficult to open. The tab to open it must be pressed very hard to open and close.
Screen and Battery Indicator
The vape has a 0.96 inch TFT color screen.
- Two battery indicator screens that display a percentage are on the top of the screen.
- The power mode, resistance, voltage, and puff counter and timer are shown below.
- The screen is easy to read indoors, but not outside.
- The screen can be changed to yellow, green, blue, white, purple, and red.
The TFV-18 Tank
The best thing about the TFV tank is that it holds 7.5 ml of liquid. It also has bottom airflow control, a removable sleeve-style drip tip, and a push-button that opens the top cap.
Beneath the top cap is a huge fill port that should accommodate any sized nozzle. Still, it is better to use a syringe because it is mess-free. The tank can be replaced with an RBA that supports two coils. The mod is also compatible with the TFV Mini V2 tanks.
The TFV-18 Dual Meshed Coils
The kit comes with 0.15 and 0.33 ohm coils that work best between 100 to 110 watts. It also is compatible with an RBA and five other coils, including TFV-16 mesh coils.
Smok Arcfox Kit Compatible Juices
Because the coils operate on such low resistances, the best juices are those that have 70 percent vegetable glycerin content. High vegetable glycerin content liquids produce high amounts of vapor.
How to Use the Smok Arcfox Box Mod and Tank
The coils have to be primed before being put into the tank. Do this by dripping liquid onto the wicking and letting it soak for five to ten minutes. Then, screw the coil onto the base and put the tank back together. Fill the tank and let it sit for a few minutes more.
The battery door is at the bottom. Press the tab to open the door and insert the batteries in the correct position. Next, close the door and press the tab to close it. Remember, it has to be pressed hard, or else it will not open or close.
Even though the box mod is IP67 rated, it is still not good to handle it carelessly. First off, the tank can still break because it is not IP67 rated. Also, anything mechanical can break, and the rubber coating is only a precaution.
- To turn it on/off press the firing button five times
- To change the settings press the firing button three times and use the +/- button.
- To save the settings press the firing button for longer than two seconds
- Press the +/- button to lock and unlock the vape
- To clear the puff counter press the firing button and minus button
How to Fill the Tank
- Press the button on the front part of the tank and then move the top cap to the side
- Insert the nose of the bottle or syringe in the fill port slot beneath the top cap
- Shut the top cap
- Allow five to ten minutes for the liquid to soak into the coil
How to Change the Coils
Changing the coils is easy. Unscrew the base from the tank and then unscrew the coil. Screw in a new coil and then put the tank back together. Fill the tank and give the coil five to ten minutes to absorb the coil.
Smok Arcfox Kit vs. Geek Vape Aegis X Box Mod
These are very similar mods.
- The most obvious similarity is that both are IP67 rated, making them both great for the same kind of clientele.
- They also have similar resistance ranges and are almost the same size, although the Arcfox is slightly smaller.
- As for the differences, the Arcfox kit fires to 230 watts and the Aegis 200 watts.
- But the Aegis has a much larger 2.4 inch screen.
- None is really that much better than the other.
- Deciding which is best comes down to what the customer likes to see in a mod.
Smok Arcfox Kit vs. Smok Morph 2
These are both great mods. One could argue that they are among Smok’s best.
- They use the same tank and have many of the same specifications and features, including the same wattage output and tank.
- The only thing that sets the Arcfox kit above the Morph 2 is its IP67 rating.
Smok Arcfox Specifications
|Dimensions:||88.25 x 55.7 x 30 mm|
|Battery Type:||Dual 18650|
|Wattage Range:||5 to 230 Watt|
|Voltage Range:||0.5 to 8.2 Volt|
|Temperature Range:||200° to 600°F (100° to 315° C)|
|IP67 Rating:||Water, Dust, Shock Proof|
|Screen:||0.96 inch TFT|
|Charging type:||Type-C USB Port|
|Colors:||Prism Rainbow, Prism Blue, Prism Red, Prism Gold, Prism Gunmetal, and Bright Black|
SMOK TFV18 Sub-Ohm Tank Features
|Juice Capacity:||7.5 mL|
|Top Fill Port:||✓|
|TFV18 Mesh Coil Series:||✓|
|Meshed Coils:||0.33ohm TFV18 (80 to 140 Watts)|
|Dual Meshed Coils:||0.15ohm TFV18 (80-140 Watts)|
|Dual Slotted Bottom Airflow Control Ring:||✓|
|Colors:||Black Plating, Stainless Steel, Gold, Red, Blue, and 7-Color|
- Outstanding cloud production
- Excellent airflow
- IP67 rating (water, dust, and shockproof)
- Two coils in the kit
- Flavor watered down by the airflow
Final Thoughts About the Smok Arcfox Vape
There is almost nothing to complain about when analyzing this box mod. It has an excellent build and design that makes it virtually indestructible and easy to transport. Also, it has an amazing tank with airflow that is highly conducive to producing clouds.
The only problem is that the airflow waters down the flavor, but that is because the mod uses a tank conducive for producing clouds, not flavor. This makes it the ideal starter kit for cloud chasers.
If you have used this mod, please leave a comment below. Tell us whatever you think about it, good or bad.