The Augvape VX21 is a 217 watt box mod that uses dual batteries and is tank and RBA compatible. It uses a proprietary chipset, and it has multiple vaping modes.
Additionally, the starter kit comes with the Augvape Intake, a tank made with input from Mike Vapes, a very popular social media influencer.
Users will find that this is a dependable kit that delivers an unparalleled vaping experience thanks to its design quality and outstanding sub-ohm coils. Even better is that it is affordable.
Table of Contents
Augvape VX217 Mod Vape Experience Review
The tank and box mod deliver one of the best vaping experiences there is. What most people are going to like is that it is easy to use.
The dial is highly responsive, allowing the user to look through all the vaping settings quickly. It can be stiff at first, but it gets better with more usage.
Additionally, this vape produces incredibly high levels of vapor, and it has plenty of power modes. Form factor is another advantage in this mod’s favor.
The vape is ergonomic, and the outer surface is designed for comfort, more so than many mods. These features make this vape comfortable to hold and transport.
Vapor Production Review
The VX217 uses incredibly low resistance coils so which maximizes the vapor production.Users can blow huge clouds with this box mod, and cloud production only gets higher with every wattage increase. It is hard to tell which coil produces more vapor because they both get so hot.
The mod comes with four power modes: variable wattage, variable voltage, bypass, and temperature control. This vape is highly versatile and is great for people who like to vary their vaping styles.
Vape Safety Features
- Low Voltage Protection
- Overheating Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- Overcurrent Protection
- Reverse Battery Protection
- High Resistance Protection
- 10 second Automatic Cut Off Protection
- Overcharge Protection
Augvape VX217 Vape Kit Review
The Augvape VX217 kit has everything a vaper needs.
- The box mod and tank
- A battery sleeve
- Type-c charging cable
- Two sub-ohm mesh coils
- User manual
- Warranty card, and a desiccant.
The battery sleeve is a nice touch, as it helps protect the batteries from wear and tear.
Internal Building Quality and Design of This Vape
The Augvape VX217 is made out of zinc alloy, and it has a well made 21700 battery compartment with no rattling of the battery door.
As for the design, it has a smooth and minimalist appearance with rounded edges. There are also three color options: grey, green, and black.
The dial is highly responsive, and there is almost no delay when the settings are adjusted.
The only downside is the firing button. It has a curved design and there is no reason for that. Why could it not have been a flat button? Also, if it is not hit dead center, it will not fire. As for the colors, they are very dull and not very inspiring.
Battery Performance Review
This pod mod has outstanding battery life. It is compatible with 21700 batteries, which are much better for battery life than 18650s and many built-in batteries.
The vape should last a day or more, depending on the settings:
- Even at 100 watts or more, the vape should be good for a few days.
- Settings between 60 and 70 watts should be good for 1.5 days.
The menu is shown on a 1.3 inch color display screen. It has a cool set up that resembles the speedometer on a car. The center displays the wattage, and the left and right bottom corners show the resistance and voltage, respectively.
Battery life is shown between resistance and voltage in the form of two bars, one bar for each battery.
Intake Sub Ohm Tank Review
Using either coil at under 100 watts makes for outstanding flavor, especially at between 60 and 80 watts with juices at around 70/30 VG/PG. These coils such every bit of flavor out of the coils, making them good for more than cloud production.
The overall vaping experience will be good if the coils and wicking are given time to absorb the juice. Five minutes should suffice; ten minutes is best. This process is called “priming”, and it should be done every time the coil is replaced or the tank is refilled. Doing so prevents dry hits and uneven burns.
The starter kit comes with the Augvape 217w Intake; it comes with a 5 ml bubble glass and a smaller 3.5 ml glass.
Additionally, it comes with three sub-ohm coils: a 0.15 coils and two 0.2 ohm coils. Users can push them in because of the press-fit design.
The tank is top-filled and has a strong rubber gasket, making it resistant to leaking. Additionally, the airflow has a dual slotted top airflow control ring, causing the air to flow from top to bottom.
How to Use the Augvape VX217 Box Mod
Both the Augvape VX217 tank and box mod are simple and straightforward mods.
- First, dab the coil with liquid and insert it into the tank.
- Next, unscrew the top cap with a quarter turn to reveal the refilling ports.
- Use a syringe or a cone nosed bottle to refill the tank.
- A syringe is best because the tip can be fully inserted into the fill port, meaning spilling liquid is less likely.
- Close the tank and let it sit for a few minutes so that the liquid has time to absorb.
- Finally, turn on the mod by clicking the firing button five times and using the menu system to make the necessary adjustments.
- Adjust the airflow by using the tank’s two adjustable airflow slots.
- Choose between direct and mouth-to-lung draws.
Step-by-Step Button Guide
- To turn it on, push the firing button five times.
- Press the firing button three times to enter the mode menu
- Use the adjustment knob to select the vaping option
- Use the firing button to confirm
- Lock by pressing the firing button three times, find the “spin button lock,” and then press the firing button to confirm
- To change the settings, enter the menu and find the settings
- Change the settings and press the firing button to confirm
Augvape VX217 Kit vs. Sigelei Humvee 215 Kit
These are both high wattage box mods, and there is only a two watt difference between the two. Since people usually do not max out there vapes, there is no point in comparing which has better wattage. But, there are some crucial differences between the two in other critical areas.
- The Humvee’s screen is oddly positioned on the side.
- The screen on the XV21 is much more impressive, being larger and more readable
- The Humvee is around twenty dollars cheaper, and it has a more impressive form factor.
- It has better firing and adjustment buttons.
Augvape VX217 Kit vs. Smok T-Priv Kit
The Smok T-Prive is a good box mod kit, but its main problem is that it uses dual 18650 batteries.
- The battery life is nowhere near as good as what the VX217 has.
- The VX217 lasts much longer because it uses much better batteries.
- The Smok T-Priv kit has a much better appearance.
- It is available in multiple colors, while the VX217 drab with only three dull looking colors.
Augvape VX217 Box Mod Specifications
|Dimensions:||80 x 49 x 42 mm|
|Batteries:||Dual High-Amp 21700/20700|
|Optional Batteries:||Dual 18650 Batteries|
|Wattage Range:||5 to 217 Watts|
|Voltage Range:||0.5 to 12 Volts|
|Resistance Range:||0.05-3.0 ohms|
|Wire Compatibility:||Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Wire|
|Construction Material:||Zinc-Alloy Chassis|
|Display Screen:||1.3 inch Color Display Screen|
Positives and Negatives
- Outstanding vapor and flavor quality
- Easy to use
- Large and easily readable screen
- High-powered dual battery
- Multiple vaping options
- Good juice capacity
- Leak-resistant tank
- Battery sleeve included in the kit
- Oddly designed firing button
- Few color options
Final Thoughts on This Starter Kit Review
The VX217 is a perfect mod, considering that it costs under seventy dollars. For this low price, the user gets outstanding battery life, a very good tank, and a nice screen.
The tank and its sub-ohm coils produce outstanding levels and flavor thanks to the inclusion of some really awesome low resistance coils and excellent airflow. However, there are a few areas that need improvement.
The main thing is that the firing button needs to be re-done; its shape is odd and inconvenient. Also, it would be nice if they did something with the colors. Something bright and multi-colored would be nice. Other than that, it is an outstanding mod, and this kit is well worth the money.
If you have used this box mod kit and want to share your opinion, feel free to do it. We love to get feedback from our customers whenever we post a review of a starter kit.