The Trinity Alpha by Smok is a compact 30W pod vape system with a delicate smok-styled colorful splats design that makes it look nice while also allowing easy transportation. The pod is of 2.8mL capacity, and a decent resistance range of 0.5-3 Ohms makes this all-in-one device good competitors for the alike vapes.
The Trinity Alpha has a tremendous battery life and convenient form factor, a prime example of functionality and excellent craftsmanship. It is powered by a 1000mAh battery and utilizes teh Nord mesh coils system that presents a variety of vape options: MTL, sub-ohm, and optional high-temperature resistance vaping.
Table of Contents
Smok Trinity Alpha Review
It is compact and is perfect for more mobile vapers who prefer discreet vaping. While being pretty small and compact, it gives all that is expected from a pod system.
What Comes in the Kit
- 1 x Device
- 1 x Empty Pod (2.8mL capacity)
- 1 x Nord Mesh Coil 0.6ohm (Max 25W)
- 1 x Nord Mesh-MTL Coil 0.8ohm (Max 16W)
- 1 x Lanyard
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x User Manual
The pod vape is constructed of a zinc alloy material — helping it deliver amazing strength and durability for it to last a long time. Its appearance is just as brilliant as its compact design and quality-constructed shell. To portray a really stunning look, the Trinity Alpha utilizes a set of resin panels: bright black, prism chrome, prism rainbow, prism blue, prism gold, and red.
The pods are replacement, rectangular, and come with some special design — a slide-then-refill cap, making refilling easier and more efficient. The cap is pretty rigid, doesn’t leak, and is large enough to accommodate a glass dropper that comes in some old school e-liquids.
It also has a removable drip tip that is compatible with any 510 tip so you can use your own if you want to. The air hole on the pod can also be seen beside the refill port. The coil it uses is that of the Nord’s — mesh, regular, or ceramic. What’s included in the kit though are mesh coils with resistances of 0.6 and 0.8 ohm.
The vape absolutely feels solid in the hands. It is easy to use and the buttons and LED indicator are well-placed on one side of the pod vape. The buttons have a clicky and nice feel. With a whopping 1000mAh battery, it could last all day.
The vape pod also supports pass-through vaping, which is a nice touch. The power output could be adjusted by using the power selector. Overall, it is an excellent pod kit that will please most vapers with the looks, flavor and vapor it produces.
Power, Wattage, and Firmware
The Smok Trinity Alpha has an output power range of 10 to 25 watts, an input voltage of 3.3 to 4.2 volts, and an output voltage of 2.4 to 6 volts. In addition, the micro USB port that is integrated into the bottom of the vape allows you to upgrade the firmware in the future.
How to use
Using the Trinity Alpha is simple and easy.
- Charge it with the USB cable provided and then press the fire button 5 times to turn it on.
- To start firing the pod vape just press and hold the fire button — pretty basic and nothing complicated.
- To turn it off, just press the fire button 5 times (just like how it is turned on).
Instructions and Manual
The Trinity Alpha’s user manual tackles the operations:
- Charging it
- Installing the coil
- Filling it
- Turning it on and off
- Changing the power settings
- Firing the vape
It also talks about battery life indicators.
- First off, the Trinity pod vape comes with a charging cable and could be hooked to either a computer USB socket or any 0.5 or 1A charging block. Charging it using a fast-charging block is not recommended.
- To install the coil, the pod should be turned over and the coil must then be inserted into the large hole located at the base and then twist it into position.
- Filling is simple and easy, just slide the cap at the top and then proceed.
- Five clicks in succession on the fire button will turn it on or off.
- There is a switch toward the base that’s just over the USB port that is used to change its power settings and switch between soft, normal, and hard.
- Pressing and holding the fire button is all that one needs to do to fire the device.
- There is an LED indicator toward the device’s base;
- a green light means that the battery is at 70 to 100%,
- an orange light means that it’s at 30 to 70%,
- and a red light means that the battery is less than 30%.
The pod mod is compatible with the Trinity Alpha pod with a 2.8mL e-liquid capacity built with an air-driven design.
- It comes with either a Nord mesh coil of 0.6-ohm or 0.8-ohm (MTL) coils.
- The 0.6-ohm coil has a maximum power of 16 watts and is specially designed for sub-ohm vaping and can bring you massive vapor
- the 0.8-ohm coil has a maximum power of 25 watts and is designed to bring you a great MTL vaping experience with a longer lifespan and more clouds.
The pods are top-filling and feature a sliding fill cap that is to be pushed to one side. After that, one could start filling the pod with the desired e-liquid through the slot with a fine-tipped bottle. After filling, just push the top cap back to its original place and let it sit for 2 to 3 minutes to ensure saturation.
Is the Trinity Alpha for Salt Nic?
With the Trinity Alpha’s interchangeable coils and capability of 10 to 25 watts of power, one could use either freebase e-liquid or nicotine salts with no trouble.
The 0.6-ohm coil is ideal for freebase e-liquids, and the 0.8-ohm coil is ideal for nicotine salts.
The Secret Behind Competitors
Smok Trinity Alpha vs. Orion
The Trinity Alpha and the Orion both have the square box design and a straight mouthpiece — they almost look identical. They both have two buttons, too: a fire button at the middle of the side and the mode button at the bottom.
The Orion has the DNA chip that features the Replay mode, which captures and replays one’s personalized settings. The Alpha is powered by a 1000mAh battery, while the Orion is powered by a 950mAh one.
Both mods have 3 output modes: soft, normal, and hard for the Alpha and low, medium, and high for the Orion. The Trinity Alpha has a slightly higher e-liquid capacity of 2.8mL compared to Orion’s 2mL.
The Orion has a higher maximum output power of 40 watts though compared to the Trinity Alpha’s 25 watts. Both of the pod vapes come in a wide array of color options — giving one the freedom to choose which one they like the best.
Which is better Smok Nord or Trinity Alpha?
The Trinity Alpha has an advanced chipset with three output modes, while the Nord has a simpler direct voltage-based output.
New Smok’s pod has a relatively higher maximum output power of 25 watts than Nord’s 15 watts. The Nord wins by a margin when it comes to the battery capacity as it has a 1100mAh battery while the Trinity Alpha has only 1000mAh, which is pretty small for a bigger pod vape.
The Nord has a slightly higher e-liquid capacity of 3mL too, compared to the Trinity Alpha’s 2.8mL. They both feature a refillable cartridge design with a replaceable coil system. Both of them are compatible with the Nord mesh coils but the Trinity Alpha comes with a 0.6 ohm and a 0.8-ohm coil while the Nord comes with a 0.6 ohm and a 1.4-ohm coil.
Both are great devices from the same company, with only a few differences. Their performances are almost identical because of the same coils that they use.
Smok Trinity Alpha Specifications
|Material||Zinc Alloy / Resin Panels|
|Dimensions||91 x 38 x 16mm|
|Battery Capacity||1000 mAh|
|Resistance||0.4 to 1.4ohm|
|Output power range||10W to 25W|
|Input voltage||3.3 to 4.2V|
|Output voltage||2.4 to 6V|
|Variable output power / modes||10 to 30W (Soft / Normal / Hard)|
|Battery LED light||2-color|
|Colors||Bright Black, Prism Chrome, Prism Rainbow, Prism Blue, Red, Prism Gold|
Positives and Negatives
- Nice familiar design
- Sliding top-fill port
- There’s absolutely no leaking and spit-back
- 3 modes to vape in: soft, normal, and hard
- The two coils included (Nord coils) are good and replaceable
- Produces great flavor
- Removable 510 drip tip
- 1000mAh battery
- Airflow is not adjustable
- Is a fingerprint magnet because of the shiny finish
The Trinity Alpha is one of the best open pod systems on the market today.
The vape pod has a touch of radiance to it, thanks to the colorful flowing resin streaks on both its sides — this just shows Smok’s meticulous attention to detail while at the same time showcasing a fine combination of vape and art.
The Alpha boasts many fantastic features that all aim to deliver diversified vaping pleasures. Thanks to its ingenious output preference functionality, one gets to choose from the 3 power modes it offers.
The pod is also really nice, adopting a sliding design to ensure easy filling and everyday long-lasting vaping experience as it has a capacity of 2.8mL. The pod vape makes use of the famous and really good Nord coils, allowing for great flavor and vapor production.
All in all, the Smok Trinity Alpha has an awesome start. This stealthy vape boasts some killer features that vapers of all experience levels will surely love. The only criteria that haven’t been checked yet — is durability. The time shows how the Alpha survives daily usage and other real-life challenges.