The Fetch Mini from Smok is a small and portable 40w pod mod designed to produce sizable clouds and plenty of vapor. It compares favorably with the Smok Fetch Pro, having excellent juice capacity and excellent airflow. There are a few drawbacks, but overall, this is a good pod mod that provides an excellent vaping experience day after day.
Table of Contents
Smok Fetch Mini Vaping Experience
Smok has created the Mini, and it is a very good pod mod that produces high levels of vapor and flavor. These mods are compatible with many coils, giving users a lot of options when it comes to achieving the ideal vapor and flavor output.
Another thing people are going to like about this vape is the airflow. The Mini has top and side airflow, with one hole at the top of the vape and another on the opposite side where the pod meets the mod.
This feature causes the coil to be hit from two sides, making for better and more consistent drags. Also, when using the 0.4 ohm RPM mesh coil, this pod vape delivers perfect direct-to-lung hits at around 25 watts.
There are several things that affect the e-cigarette experience.
- Unfortunately, there is no adjustable airflow, but airflow is pretty good regardless.
- Also, the edges are not as rounded as one would like. But it is still a highly portable pod mod.
- Finally, this vape is not for mouth-to-lung vaping. It can get somewhat tight if the 0.6 ohm Nord dual wire coil is used, but it is more of a restricted lung hit. This is not a bad thing, but people looking for a tight mouth-to-lung vape need to find a different product.
It is fortunate that the user can tighten the airflow by putting a thumb over the inlet. Still, adjustable airflow would have been a nice feature to include.
The Fetch Mini has wide open airflow paths so that it can produce high levels of vapor. Using the DTL and MTL coils, the Mini can produce vapor with the best of vape products.
Of course, the 0.4 ohm RPM MTL coil is going to produce more vapor. 25 watts is the best setting or producing vapor.
There are no power modes on this vape, except for wattage mode. But, there are several Nord coils available going up to 1.4 ohms.
Additionally, there are several RPM coils available, including a super low-resistance 0.3 ohm DTL mesh coil and a 1.2 ohm quartz coil. The wide array of coils available more than makes up for the lack of power modes.
- Low Voltage Protection
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Eight Second Cut-Off Protection
- High-Temperature Protection
Differences Between the Smok Fetch Mini and Pro
The Smok Fetch Pro is an all-around better vape than the Fetch Mini.
- First off, the Mini is smaller and slightly easier to handle, and it is a few dollars cheaper.
- The kit has lower resistance coils, and it has a larger pod with 4.3 ml nicotine liquid capacity.
- It also has 80 watts of output.
- However, this does not mean the Mini does not have its own advantages over the Pro.
Opening the Smok Fetch Mini Vape Kit
In addition to the Fetch, the vape starter kit comes with an RPM and a Nord pod, and a 0.4 ohm RPM mesh coil and a 0.6 ohm Nord coil.
Additionally, it comes with a micro USB cable and an instruction manual.
Internal Build Quality and Design
The build quality of this pod mod is pretty good, considering the vape is made from zinc alloy. Also, there are no issues with leaking. The only area of concern is the reflective glass. Glass breaks easily, and which is likely the case for this pod mod. So far there have not been any problems, but be careful not to drop it.
Another problem is that the pods are bottom-filled. It is not a serious issue, but bottom-filled pods are not very convenient. But, one advantage is that it charges in around an hour.
Smok Fetch Mini Battery Performance
Battery life needs improvement. This pod vape has an 1,100 mah battery, but it does not last all that long.
The 0.4 ohm RPM coil lasts between 200 and 250 puffs, and the 0.6 ohm coil lasts around 300 to 350 puffs. 25 watts is the best setting for getting the most possible vaping time. This was a huge disappointment. There are disposable products that last longer than that.
Menu and Battery Level Indicator
Battery life is displayed on the top right corner. The wattage is displayed in the center near the top of the screen. Resistance, voltage, and the puff counter are shown beneath the wattage. All the information is displayed on a 0.96 inch color display screen.
What Is in the Smok Fetch Mini Pod?
Save for the bottom fill port, these pods are very well designed.
- They hold 3.7 ml of nicotine liquid, which is pretty good compared to similar products with ultra-low juice capacity.
- Secondly, the pod uses plug-and-play coil installation.
- The Smok Fetch coils are installed from the bottom.
- The pod is also filled from the bottom.
- There is a silicone plug next to the base of the coil that covers the refilling port.
- Additionally, the pod is oil and dustproof, and it does not leak.
How to Fill the Pods
The pod is easy to fill.
- When the pod is depleted, pull it off the battery, and lift the silicone tab.
- Use a syringe to fill the pod, leaving a little bit of air inside.
- Next, close the plug and put the pod back on the battery.
- If the coil needs to be replaced, first prime the coil and put it in the pod, and then fill the pod.
- Allow five to ten minutes for the coil to absorb the liquid before vaping.
As earlier stated, the Smok Fetch Mini is compatible with a wide range of coils. Choose between the Nord and RPM coils.
How to Use the Smok Fetch Mini Pod Mod Starter Kit
This pod mod is very easy to use since there are no power modes to worry about. All the user has to do is complete the following steps.
- First, charge the battery. It charges in less than an hour on a fully empty battery.
- Next, choose a coil and prime it.
- When it is primed, pull the pod off the battery and insert it into the pod.
- Then, open the silicone plug and refill the pod.
- Use a syringe because it is easier than using a juice bottle; it causes less of a mess.
- Finally, put the pod back on the battery and give the juice time to soak into the coil.
- When the pod mod is ready to vape, follow the steps below.
- To turn on or off, press the firing button five times
- Press the firing button three times to lock and unlock it
- To change the wattage, use the adjustment buttons(no round robin)
- Press the adjustment buttons simultaneously to lock or unlock the wattage
- Press the firing and down button to clear the puff counter
- Press the firing button and up button to choose menu colors
Alternative Pod Mod Starter Kit Products
Smok Fetch Mini vs. Smok Nord 2 Kit
These are both 40w pod products from Smok, and each of these kits has its respective advantages and disadvantages.
- First, the Smok Nord 2 has a better form factor, making it more comfortable to hold.
- It also has a more powerful battery and larger pods.
- However, the Mini has a larger screen that is easier to use, and Fetch smaller and easier to transport.
Smok Fetch Mini vs. Smok RPM40 Kit
The Smok RPM40 is an overall better product than the Mini, even though it is also a 40w vape.
- First, it has a much larger 1,500 mah battery, and it has significantly larger pods with 4.3 to 4.5 ml juice capacity.
- Also, the pods are filled from the side instead of the bottom.
- It has a slightly better form factor, too, although the Smok Fetch Mini is smaller.
- The Mini’s small size makes it easier to transport or put in a pocket.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Smok Fetch Mini
Is the Fetch Mini for Salt Nicotine?
This pod mod can be used with free base and salt nicotine liquids. People who want to use salt nicotine should use the higher resistance coils. Also, the pods are made out of material that is resistant to corrosion caused by salt nicotine.
Can You Fix a Burnt Coil?
It is not worth trying to fix a pre-made, plug-and-play coil.
- First off, it has to be taken apart, the wire has to be replaced, and then put back together.
- It is faster and easier to buy a new one.
- There are very few defective coils.
- If a coil burns, it was likely not primed correctly, or the liquid was not given time to absorb into the coil.
Remember, prime the coil, fill the pod, and wait five to ten minutes. If these steps are followed, there should be no dry or burnt hits.
How to Reset a Fetch Mini?
To reset the puff counter, press the firing button and the down button simultaneously.
How to Fix a Fetch Mini When It Says No Atomizer?
If this warning pops up, there could be some dirt or liquid between the connection and the pod. It could also be that the pod is not fully inserted into the vape.
If the connection is clean and the pod is fully inserted, there could be an issue with the pod or battery.
If it is a pod, use another one; if it is another problem, contact the manufacturer. The product comes with a warranty.
Smok Fetch Mini Specifications
|Dimensions:||76mm x 42.8mm x 18.4mm|
|Battery Capacity:||1200 mAh|
|Wattage Output Range:||5W - 40W|
|Voltage Output Range:||0.5V - 4.1V|
|Resistance Range:||0.3 to 2.5 ohm|
|Pod Capacity :||3.7 mL|
Pros & Cons
- Excellent vapor and flavor
- Lots of coils available
- Affordable price
- Quick charging
- No adjustable airflow
- Corners not very rounded
- Poor battery life
Closing Thoughts on the Smok Fetch Mini
Smok did an excellent job building the Fetch. The best thing about this vape is that it is compatible with a lot of different coils, and it is a solid cloud and flavor producer. Build quality is good and there is no rattling, leaking, or strange sounds when the user takes a drag.
However, there are a few disadvantages. The pods are bottom filled. This does not affect performance, but top filled pods are better because they are more convenient.
Another problem is that there is no adjustable airflow. Finally, the battery life could be better. But, the fact the Mini charges so quickly almost cancels out the battery life issue. Overall, this is a great stay-at-home or office pod mod.
What do you think about the Mini from Smok? If you have an opinion on this new Smok product, please leave a comment telling us what you think.