The Orchid Vape is a pod starter kit by Squid Industries. Its lithium-ion 950 mah battery is powerful enough to last for a day, and its temperature, voltage, 30W power, and air flow control makes a vaping experience similar to that of a box mod.
It uses two and refillable pods, each with different 0.8-ohm Mesh and 1.3-ohm SS316l coils. Thanks to these innovative features, the Orchid meets the needs of vapers who are on the go and looking for versatility in the vape.
Table of Contents
A deeper look at the Orchid Vape
Despite its doubtful reputation due to April’s GrimmGreen’s review, the device holds the hand on the recent vaping trends. Unfortunately, there is nothing incredibly new in the Orchid that we haven’t already seen in the Lost Vapes’ devices or even in the recently released Smok’ Trinity Alpha.
Squid Industries designed a pod mod that is transportable and powerful. The device’s small size (103 x 50 x 28mm) makes it portable enough to be taken anywhere in a purse, pocket, or backpack.
Its 950 mah battery has enough power to ensure that it will last nine to ten hours or longer, depending on how heavily it is vaped. Additionally, the device uses two and three-milliliter refillable pods, which can go for several days without having to be filled.
To vape the e-juice in those pods, click the firing button five times to activate, and five times to turn it off.
The Orchid Vape also has a lot of ingenious features that make it incredibly adaptable thanks to its outstanding chipset.
- Temperature control mode that can be adjusted from 200 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- A wattage output range of 5 to 30 watts
- A voltage range of 3 to almost 5 volts.
- These adjustable features make this mod perfect for those who like to change the settings.
The LED screen
Tells all the information one needs to know while vaping:
- The battery indicator is in the upper right corner
- The puff times below it in the lower right corner.
- The wattage is in bold letters in the center
- The ohms and the number of puffs are to the left.
All the numbers, letters, and symbols are white and set against a dark background, making them easy to read.
What Comes with the Orchid Vape Pod Kit?
The starter kit comes with everything needed to vape:
- the mod itself,
- a user manual,
- and a micro USB charging cable.
Be sure to read the manual before starting up to avoid any issues. *The mod does not come with e-liquids.
Vaping Experience with the Orchid Pod Vape
The Orchid Pod Vape surprised, and vapers have had good things to say as well. The adjustable wattage, voltage, air flow, and temperature control make for a good vaping experience, and the sturdy build ensures that there is next to no chance of leakage.
The only cause of the displeasure is the plastic taste they get from the pods, though. To avoid experiencing this issue, consider buying extra pods.
Internal Building Quality and Design
The quality of the build is superb. The Orchid Vape is built from zinc alloy, making it very sturdy. The pods also fit nicely into the rest of the device, and there are few to no issues with leaking. There are many design options, as well. They have eight color options available. The only problem is that the logo is on the sticker that is put on the mod peels and attracts fingerprints.
The Orchid Vape Pod utilizes a high-powered 950 mah lithium ion battery that lasts nine to ten hours. The amount of vaping time the battery produces is the chief reason why it is so portable. Take it anywhere, and if home is within driving or walking distance, it likely will not die before it is plugged in.
Orchid Vape Replacement Pods
The Orchid Pod Vape uses two and three-milliliter cartridges. The two-milliliter capacity pods have a 1.3-ohm SS316L coil, and the three-milliliter pods use a .8 ohm mesh coil.
The pod fits snuggly into the device, and it does not rattle, shake, or wobble. The pods come in two colors, black and white. They are both easy to look into to monitor the e-juice levels, even the black one.
One issue this pod has is with priming. The user manual states that it takes five minutes to prime. Even following these instructions, the pod might burn out after a ten or so drags.
To avoid this happening, give the pod a half an hour-hour to prime, and then open the mouthpiece and put in six drops of juice. Doing this will ensure that the pod does not burn out.
Replacement cartridges are affordable, going for $9.99 for a two pack. There are no replacement coils, only replacement cartridges.
How to Refill the Orchid Pod Vape
Both pods are refillable, and topping them off is easy:
- Unscrew the cap next to the mouthpiece.
- Once open, take the bottle in hand and fill the pod.
- Wipe away any excess fluid that drips onto the threads or chassis,
- and then screw the cap back on.
How Long Do the Orchid Pod Vape Coils Last?
New coils typically last for two weeks, depending on how often the unit is vaped.
When the fluid starts tasting burnt, it is time to replace them. After they are replaced, prime them, and do whatever else is needed to break in the coil. Doing things like priming, waiting a few seconds between hits, and not going crazy with the firing button will improve the coils’ lifespan.
The Orchid Pod Vape Chipset
The Orchid has many adjustable features thanks to its proprietary chipset. Thanks to the chip, the wattage, voltage, and temperature can be easily adjusted with the two buttons on the side panel of the unit.
Every device must have first-class safety features, and the Orchid Pod Vape is no exception. These protective features:
- prevent high resistance,
- prevent overheating,
- low battery protection,
- keep the atomizer from shorting out
- prevent the device from overheating.
- The ten-second cut off is another good feature.
- Additionally, the mod can be locked so that none of the settings are accidentally changed.
How to Use the Orchid Pod Vape
- Inspect the package and its contents when it arrives to make sure nothing is damaged or missing.
- Charge the vape if it is not already charged
- unscrew the top cap and fill up the cartridge.
- Let the coils prime for an hour, and then put six drops of juice down the mouthpiece.
- Once it is charged, primed, and the pod is put on the mod, turn it on with five clicks.
The settings can be adjusted by pressing the buttons on the panel, and the battery and settings can be monitored by looking at the LED screen. Click it five more times to turn it off.
Competitors of the Orchid Pod Vape
The Orchid Pod Vape vs the Smok Trinity Alpha and Lost Vape Orion DNA GO Pod
- The Smok Trinity has a more powerful 1,000 mah battery than the Lost Vape Orion and the Orchid, which both use 950 mah rechargeable batteries.
- The Lost Vape Orion goes up to 40 watts, while the Smok Trinity and the Orchid go up to 30.
- Orchid and the Lost Vape Orion both have up to three milliliters of e-juice capacity while the Smok Trinity holds 2.8 ml.
Orchid Pod Vape vs Mi Pod
These two pod mods are also pretty similar: they are small, portable, and use 950 mah rechargeable batteries.
There are a few differences of which buyers should be aware:
- The Orchid can hold more e-juice than the Mi Pod’s two milliliters,
- The Mi Pod is draw activated.
- The Orchid allows the user to adjust the settings whereas the Mi Pod is not as flexible in that regard.
Orchid Pod Vape Specifications
|72mm X 40mm X 15mm
|Wattage Output Range
|Voltage output range
|Temperature control range
|.69 inch OLED
Pros and Cons
- LED screen
- Good chipset
- Does not leak
- Powerful battery
- Issues with priming
- Plastic taste with some pods
Squid Industries has made an outstanding pod mod. The Orchid Vape Pod is an excellent device that is portable and versatile. It is small enough to be comfortably taken anywhere, and adjustable voltage, variable wattage, temperature control, and adjustable airflow settings is a huge plus. All of these benefits combine to make it great for people on the go who want to have a lot of vaping options in one unit.
The device from Squid Industries performs remarkably well. It does not leak, its 950 mah battery is powerful enough to last most of the day, and its two to three milliliters of juice can last a day depending on how often it is vaped. Also, its built-in safety features ensure that it can be vaped without causing damage to the device or harming the person using it. The only drawbacks are the issues priming and the plastic taste.
Do you agree with this assessment of the Orchid Pod Vape by Squid Industries? Let us know what you think by adding your comments. It great to hear what our readers think about the devices we review!