The Geekvape Aegis Boost is an easy-to-use pod mod that is rugged and durable. Its small size makes it highly transportable, and its powerful battery allows for the device to be used longer than other starter kits.
The pod is easy to insert into the vape, and its coils generate high-quality vapor.
Table of Contents
Notable Features of the Aegis Boost 40W Pod Mod
Ever since the Aegis Boost mod’s release date, it has gotten a lot of attention and deservedly so.
This is the new pod mod kit for sale from Geekvape that is built for people who want dependable vape mods.
It is specially designed to be rugged, having a rubberized finish, and it is also dust and water-resistant.
This new device is perfect for camping, hiking, or other outdoor settings. The pod is powered by a 1,500 mah battery that allows for plenty of vaping time, making it ideal for those who will be far from a wall socket.
Operating the devices is simple.
- The firing button is located at the mouthpiece end of the pod, with the function buttons on the other end.
- Beneath the firing button is an LED display that shows information like battery life, wattage levels, and safety notifications.
- The information is shown in white, bold letters. The characters are easy to read and discern.
The pod is well designed and fits securely into the device. The drip tip is 8 mm wide and is comfortable on the lips. It has an e-juice capacity of 3.7 ml, and it is refilled through a silicone plug found on top of the pod. The pod fits securely to the device via a snap-on connection.
Two different coils can be used in the pod.
- Choose between the 0.4-ohm Kanthal mesh coil, which is rated for 25 to 5 watts,
- or use the 0.6-ohm Kanthal mesh coil rated for 15 to 25 watts.
What Comes with the Aegis Boost Starter Kit?
- The package comes with the vape and a pod.
- There are also two coils (0.4 and 0.6 ohms) in the box, one of which is pre-installed,
- as well as a spare drip tip,
- user manual,
- and a USB charging cable.
How Well is the Boost Pod Put Together?
The Boost is put together very well, like most Geekvape products.
It fits the hand like a pistol grip, and the rubberized coating makes it resistant to shock. It is also IP67 rated for water and dust resistance. The stitched leather on the device and the color selection also give it excellent eye appeal.
How Long Does the Aegis Boost Battery Last?
The vape has a 1,500mAh battery that lasts most of the day, if not longer, depending on how often it is used.
Battery life can be extended when using the 0.6-ohm coil.
There is a meter on the LED screen that shows the power level.
Charging takes 75 minutes, and it also has pass-through charging for those who cannot wait.
Geekvape Aegis Boost Pods
The pod uses a drip tip that is not 510 compatible, so the vaper has to use Geekvape’s drip tips. The kit includes a DL and an MTL drip. The DL drip tip is not very stable and often has to be moved back into place. The pod has a dial that can be used to adjust the airflow at will.
There is a rubber stopper on the top part of the pod, meaning that the pod does not have to be taken off to be refilled. The rubber plug can be hard to remove at first, so use a pair of tweezers if it proves to be hard to open.
The pod is easy to remove.
- There is a button on the side that can be pushed, which will cause the pod to pop out.
- To put the pod back onto the mod, align it with the vape and push it in.
- The coils go in and out smoothly, too, and there is even a small wrench included in the kit for removing them.
How Long do the Pods and Coils Last?
The pod is almost as durable as the mod itself, so it will last a long time so long as it is treated with care. As for the Aegis Boost coils, their longevity depends on the frequency of use. The best estimate is two to four weeks if they are correctly primed.
Can You Use Nic Salt with Aegis Boost?
How to Use the Geekvape Aegis Boost Kit
Using Boost is easy if these steps are followed.
- Plug the USB charger into the device and allow 75 minutes for it to charge fully, which is very quick.
- Once the vape is fully powered, click the firing button five times to turn it on.
- Click it five more times to turn it off.
- Use the adjustment buttons to set the wattage.
- The wattage moves up or down in 0.5-watt increments.
- Next, remove the rubber plug and fill up the pod.
- Insert the coil if it is not already in the pod.
- Allow several minutes for the coil to prime.
- The airflow control dial is located beneath the fill port.
- Rotate it to dial in the desired airflow.
How to Vape It
- Take off the mouthpiece cover, press the firing button and inhale.
- A delightful burst of flavorful nicotine will come out of the mouthpiece.
- When finished, put the mouthpiece back on and turn off the vape.
How Does This Starter Kit Vape?
Using this pod mod is quite an experience. The vapor is flavorful no matter what kind of e-liquid is used, and it delivers an outstanding nicotine hit.
It also feels great in hand, thanks to the stitched leather grip. The grip gives the vape a very rugged feel. The device is easy to use and delivers an unforgettable vaping session.
Does the Aegis Boost Have Competitors?
VooPoo Vinci vs. GeekVape Aegis Boost
VoopPoo Vinci goes up to 40 watts; it has a legible screen and a powerful 1,500 battery.
The Vinci also holds more e-juice, containing an impressive 5.5 ml of e-juice. But, it has some serious defects that should give customers reservations.
The silicone plug is fragile and can break, and the coils are not as good as the Boost’s. It also tends to fire when plugged in.
Geekvape Aegis Boost vs. Aegis Solo
The Aegis Solo is better for vapers who want something more powerful. It fires up to 100 watts and can operate at very high temperatures. It uses a tank instead of a pod, and it holds up to 5.5 ml of e-juice.
Like its cousin, the Solo is also very durable, coming with nearly all of the same protections and safety features.
The Geekvape Aegis Boost Specifications
|Sizes:||106.8 mm x 27.7 mm x 39.2 mm|
|Battery Capacity:||1500 mAh|
|Juice Capacity:||3.7 mL|
|Resistance Range:||0.2-3.0 ohm|
|Input Voltage:||3.0-4.25 V|
|Output Voltage:||1.0-6.0 V|
|Colors:||Red, Silver, Gunmetal, Blue, Aura Glow|
Positives and Negatives
- These mods are sturdy and reliable
- Great flavor
- Quick charging
- Long battery life
- Pass-through charging
- Plastic on the pods should be more clear
- DL mouthpiece does not stay in place
- The plug does not open very easily
Concluding Thoughts about the Aegis Boost
The Boost is one of the top portable mods out there. These mods have excellent grip, the battery life is more than adequate, and they quick charging, too.
Most importantly, the flavor was good no matter what find of e-juice was in the pod, making for satisfying nicotine hits.
On the downside, while the pods are see-through, the black plastic makes it hard to monitor the juice level unless it is held up to the light. Also, the plug can be a bother to open, and the DL mouthpiece moves too easily. If they decide to make new starter kits like this one, they should fix these problems.
This vape is one of the best mods out on the market, and it is well worth everyone’s attention. If you think the same, or if you have a differing opinion, please tell us what you think by leaving a comment.