These fully rechargeable and extremely portable vapes boast excellent vapor production in a simple to use package. Each of these kits has some unique features that set them apart from the competition, and with a variety of flavors to choose from there is sure to be a kit that is perfect for you.
This detailed guide will serve as a comparison between these two popular pod mod starter kits, and by the end of it, you should have a better idea of which one is right for you, also check out our best e-cigs list for the good alternatives to Juul and Phix.
Juul VS Phix Quick Spec Comparison
|Juul Starter Kit||Phix Starter Kit|
|Dimensions||95mm X 14mm X 7mm||110mm X 19mm X 10.5mm|
|Pod Capacity||0.7 ml||1.5 ml|
|Charging time||25 minutes||40 minutes|
|Additional Pod Pricing||$15.99 (4 pods)||$19.99 (4 pods)|
|Flavors|| || |
What Makes the Juul so Good?
Thanks to its sleek design and variety of flavors to choose from, the JUUL is one of the most popular pod vape kits on the market. Included with this starter kit is the rechargeable Juul device, four JUULpods (Virginia Tobacco, Cool Mint, Fruit Medley, and Creme Brulee), and a USB charger. This gives you everything that is needed to start vaping right out of the box, and is all covered under a one year warranty.
- Extremely slim design. Coming in at just over three inches in length and ¼ inch in width, this e-cigarette was clearly designed with portability in mind. It is easily concealed in a pocket or purse, allowing you to be discreet while vaping.
- Variety of flavors. With eight different flavors to choose from, you will never become bored of vaping with the JUUL. These range from classic tobacco to the newly released mango that is very popular among consumers. The starter kit is included with four different pods, letting you test some of their popular flavors at a great value.
- Battery indicator. When you take a draw on the device, a white indicator lights up to let you know it is active. By tapping twice on the JUUL this light also works as a battery indicator, glowing green if the battery is full, yellow for half-full, and red when it needs to be charged.
- Strong throat hit. Pax Labs is a premium producer of vape liquid, and make the proprietary blend that fills JUULpods. Each pod comes with 0.7ml of 5% nicotine by weight, which is just about the equivalent of a pack of cigarettes. This device produces impressively thick vapor and provides a strong throat hit.
- Great distribution network. Being so popular, this pod mod is very easy to find thanks to its large distribution network. Aside from the JUUL website, it can be purchased at a number of gas stations, head shops, and vape stores across the country.
Overall, the JUUL starter kit is an impressive package that is well worth the price. While its slim design is likely its main selling point, its extensive variety of flavors and unique features are what really makes this electronic cigarette standout.
How Does the PHIX Compare?
When compared to the previous vape, the PHIX system is clearly the larger of the two. Rather than being flat, it was designed with a curved diamond shape that some may find to be uncomfortable to carry around all day.
While many will mark this off as an obvious downside, it actually allows for larger battery and pod sizes. The starter kit is quite affordable and includes the PHIX device, USB charger, and one original tobacco pod.
- Large pod capacity. Thanks to its bulky design, the PHIX pods have a capacity of 1.5 ml. This allows for around 400 puffs before needing to replace the cartridge, which translates to roughly two full packs of cigarettes.
- Easy to use. Unlike many other pod vape kits out there, this vape is extremely simple to use and is ready right out of the box. The device is activated when the user draws through it, and will shut down shortly after to conserve battery life. Its unique charger features a USB interface, making it compatible with the most common charging ports.
- 280 mAh battery.This battery allows the PHIX to be used for a longer duration without needing to be charged. You can expect upwards of 200 puffs off of a single charge, which is more than enough for a prolonged vaping session.
The PHIX starter kit is a powerful handheld e-cig that comes at a great price point. With its large battery and pod capacity, this is one vape that will last a long time with little to no maintenance necessary. Read our full review on the Phix by MLV.
Why we Chose the JUUL over the PHIX
Although both of these e-cig starter kits boast unique qualities that are quite impressive, the JUUL is the stronger contender for a few reasons. The design of the PHIX is simply too bulky in comparison, and its larger battery only gives it a slight advantage in battery life. Not only does the design of the JUUL make it the more portable device, but its sturdy construction simply feels better in the hand. It also features a larger variety of flavors to choose from and comes with four different pods included.
So if you are looking for a portable pod mod that can produce big clouds in a small package, the JUUL starter kit is definitely the way to go!