When looking at the JUUL and PHIX e-cigs, you will probably note that the two have a lot in common. They are both pod vapes featuring disposable and easily replaced pre-filled pods of e-liquid. It simplifies the vaping experience. These fully rechargeable and extremely portable devices boast excellent vapor production in a simple-to-use package. Each of these kits has some unique features that set them apart from the competition. There is sure to be a perfect kit for you with a variety of flavors to choose from.
Table of Contents
This detailed guide will serve as a comparison between these two popular pod mod starter kits. By the end of it, you should have a better idea of which one is right for you. Also, check out our best e-cigs list for the good alternatives to Juul and Phix.
What Makes the Juul so Good?
Thanks to its sleek design and variety of flavors to choose from, the JUUL is one of the most popular pod vape kits on the market. This starter kit includes the rechargeable Juul device, four JUUL pods (Virginia Tobacco, Cool Mint, Fruit Medley, and Creme Brulee), and a USB charger. This gives you everything to start vaping right out of the box and is all covered under a one-year warranty.
JULL`s Key Features
- Extremely slim design. Coming in at just over three inches in length and ¼ inch in width, this e-cigarette was designed with portability in mind. It is easily concealed in a pocket or purse, allowing you to be discreet while vaping.
- Variety of flavors. With eight different flavors to choose from, you will never become bored of vaping with the JUUL. These range from classic tobacco to the newly released mango that is very popular among consumers. The starter kit has four different pods, letting you test some of their popular flavors at a great value.
- Battery indicator. When you take a draw on the device, a white indicator lights up to let you know it is active. This light also works as a battery indicator by tapping twice on the JUUL. Glowing green if the battery is full, yellow for half-full, and red when it needs to be charged.
- Strong throat hit. Pax Labs is a premium producer of vape liquid and makes the proprietary blend that fills JUULpods. Each pod comes with 0.7ml of 5% nicotine by weight, which is just about the equivalent of a pack of cigarettes. This device produces impressively thick vapor and provides a strong throat hit.
- Great distribution network. Being so popular, this pod mod is very easy to find thanks to its large distribution network. Aside from the JUUL website, it can be purchased at gas stations, head shops, and vape stores.
Overall, the JUUL starter kit is an impressive package that is well worth the price. However, while its slim design is likely its main selling point, its wide variety of flavors and unique features are what really make this electronic cigarette standout.
How Does the PHIX Compare?
When compared to the previous vape, the PHIX system is the larger of the two. Rather than being flat, it was designed with a curved diamond shape that some may find uncomfortable carrying around all day.
While many will mark this off as an obvious downside, it allows for larger battery and pod sizes. In addition, the starter kit is quite affordable and includes the PHIX device, USB charger, and one original tobacco pod.
PHIX`s Key Features
- Large pod capacity. Thanks to its bulky design, the PHIX pods have a capacity of 1.5 ml. This allows for around 400 puffs before replacing the cartridge, which translates to roughly two full packs of cigarettes.
- Easy to use. Unlike many other pod vape kits out there, this vape is extremely simple to use and is ready right out of the box. The device is activated when the user draws through it and will shut down shortly after to conserve battery life. Its unique charger features a USB interface, making it compatible with the most common charging ports.
- 280 mAh battery. This battery allows the PHIX to be used for a longer duration without needing to be charged. You can expect upwards of 200 puffs off of a single charge, which is more than enough for a prolonged vaping session.
The PHIX starter kit is a powerful handheld e-cig that comes at a great price point. With its large battery and pod capacity, this is one vape that will last a long time with little to no maintenance necessary.
Phix vs Juul : How Long do the Pods Last?
How long a Phix or Juul pod lasts depends on how often they are used. A Juul pod can last for anywhere from a few days to a week, depending on usage. A Phix pod contains a little more juice than a Juul pod. So they can last longer than a week or even two, again, depending on usage.
How Much Nicotine is in a Phix and Juul?
According to the manufacturers, a Phix pod contains 5% nicotine, equivalent to two packs of cigarettes. A Juul pod also contains 5% nicotine but has a proprietary nicotine salt formulation that faster enters the bloodstream than regular nicotine.
How many puffs are in a mini Phix?
There are approximately 300 puffs in a mini Phix pod.
Is phix/juul better than cigarettes?
No one should use e-cigarettes or cigarettes. However, many studies have shown that e-cigarettes are safer than regular cigarettes if you want to quit smoking.
|Dimensions:||95mm x 14mm x 7mm|
|Pod Capacity:||0.7 ml|
|Charging time:||25 minutes|
|Flavors:||Mango, Cool Mint, Virginia Tobacco, Cool Cucumber, Classic Menthol, Fruit Medley, Creme Brulee, Classic Tobacco|
|Dimensions:||110mm x 19mm x 10.5mm|
|Pod Capacity:||1.5 ml|
|Charging time:||40 minutes|
|Flavors:||Butterscotch Tobacco, Hard Strawberry, Ice Tobacco, Original Tobacco, Spearmint, Infuzion Cool Melon|
JUUL Pros & Cons
- Strong nicotine buzz
- Good vapor production
- Intuitive battery level checks
- Fast recharging time
- Lack of flavor pods
- Pods do not last long
- Proprietary charger
PHIX Pros & Cons
- Larger pod capacity
- More flavor pods available
- Larger battery size
- Longer vaping life
- Loud vaping noise
- Long recharge time
Why We Chose the JUUL Over the PHIX?
Although both of these e-cig starter kits boast unique qualities, they are quite impressive. The JUUL is the stronger contender for a few reasons. The design of the PHIX is simply too bulky in comparison. Also, its larger battery only gives it a slight advantage in battery life. Not only does the design of the JUUL make it a more portable device, but its sturdy construction simply feels better in hand. It also features a larger variety of flavors to choose from and comes with four different pods included.
So if you are looking for a portable pod mod that can produce big clouds in a small package, the JUUL starter kit is definitely the way to go!