Halo G6 E-Cigs Review – Be Sure Of the Quality
The Halo G6 E-Cig Starter Kit is notorious for its well designed and visually appealing structure. With the ability to choose between five different types of easy-to-swap cartomizers and two automatic pull batteries, it’s a great choice for someone looking for a reliable mid-range E-Cig. You can pick yours up from Halo Cigs Website, for the surprising price of only $35.00.
Pros & Cons:
- Beautiful, Simplistic and clean cut design
- Easy to use automatic pull batteries
- Above average battery life
- Intensive and Satisfying Flavors
- Only up to 24mgs nicotine concentration
- Limited flavor options
What’s in the Halo G6 E-Cig Starter Kit?
- 2x G6 Automatic Batteries (78mm)
- 5x Cartomizers (Prefilled or Blank)
- USB Charger
- Wall Charger
- User Manual
Specs & Features:
- Battery Capacity 280 mAh (3.3 – 4.2 volts)
- Battery Charge Capacity (200 puffs/charge) & Lifespan (300 cycles)
- Polyfill Cartomizer (2.4 – 2.8 ohms) Soft Cap
- FEMA/GRAS Approved USP grade E-Liquid.
E-cig’s Design, Look and Feel
The Halo G6 E-Cig Starter Kit features a clean cut, crisp and professional design, appealing to even the pickiest of vapors. The G6 E-Cig hosts some the smallest and lightweight options on the market. I can confidentially say this is one good looking device!
Size and Weight
The Halo G6 E-Cig manages to pack a lot into the small size of the stick. Coming equipped with a 78mm long battery (9.2mm width), it’s quite clearly on the smaller side of vapes. However, it still manages to have some decent weight, making it nice to hold and vape.
Each cartomizer comes in at around 35.5mm in length, making the total length of this device when fully functional a shocking 113.5mm or 11cm! If that’s not easy to use, I don’t know what is.
The G6 offers a variety wide variety of features; here are the most important ones:
- Color Selection – The Halo G6 E-Cig Starter Kit comes with a wide variety of colors for the battery itself; 10 to be exact – giving everyone their own personal touch to the device.
- Vape Flavors – The Cartomizers that come with the G6 Starter kit are refillable! All in all, this means you can keep vaping for much longer than before; be sure to head over to Halo Cigs website and get some of their E-Liquids. I’ll explain how to refill the Cartomizers a little later. Each flavor comes in Low (6mg), Medium (12mg), High (18mg) and X-High (24mg) nicotine concentration levels. The traditional Vape Cartridges for the device include three flavors; Smooth Tobacco, Turkish Tobacco, and Tropical Blend each having their own blends and variations.
- Automatic Pull Batteries – The device comes with two automatic pull batteries. Giving you the more traditional smoking experience, without holding a power button! Overall, it will give you more control over the vapor you are producing from the device
Using the Halo G6 E-Cig Starter Kit
When it comes to performance, the Halo G6 E-Cig is average. It has a lot of plus sides, many of which make the device better than the majority of its competitors. However, it has a few features that let it down slightly. It’s not the best device on the market, but it’s certainly not the worst.
The Quality of the Cloud
This is the first under par aspect of the device. Users have complained about the quality of the vape production being poor compared to other similar devices. It’s not a surprise when this comes up in a review; this is the major problem that E-Cigs face; due to the size of the battery, it’s going to affect the vapor production. It’s obvious that Halo has noticed this and have made some adjustments accordingly.
In regards to the power of the battery, the G6 is average, providing a good amount of power to get a decent hit from the device, while managing to keep a moderate battery consumption and battery life. As mentioned before the starter kit comes with two batteries, so you should never be left with no charge left, providing you charge it daily!
What’s The Competition
The G6 Starter Kit is definitely a great piece of kit, for someone looking for a casual vape and possibly get into the vaping scene it’s a great device to use. Compared to its competitors it lacks performance in the vape production but makes up for it in all other aspects.
When you take into consideration the low price of the device compared to others; it’s not that bad of choice, it’s cheaper than the majority of other starter kits, while standing confidentially below the more expensive leading E-Cigs.
Assembling & Maintenance
Assembly Instructions – Due to the device being an E-Cig there is not that much assembly required! The only changes you’ll be making to hardware will include replacing Cartomizers, replacing the batteries or possibly fixing firing issues. I’ll cover the important stuff below.
Connecting a Cartomizer:
- Get your fully charged Battery.
- Select your choice of Cartomizer, refill if using an Empty one (instructions on this below).
- Screw the Cartomizer onto the battery. Be careful not to tighten too much, this could cause firing issues
- Use the device when required, no need to worry about a power button. Just place on your lips and gently pull. Try and keep a rough count of some pulls you’ve had. As soon as the flavor goes, or a burnt taste starts to occur – replace the cartomizer.
Refilling the Cartomizer:
- Hold the cartridge upside down, and you’ll see a rubber grommet with a small hole in the center.
- Using a pin, gently lever the rubber grommet out of the cartomizer. Doing this will expose the Polyfill wick.
- Using your choice of liquid (only use liquid purchased from the Halo Website) gently put about 20 drops around the edge of the cartomizer.
- Put the rubber grommet back on.
- Take five dry pulls to help the liquid circulate in the wick.
Charging the device USB Port:
- Connect the battery to the USB Charger provided with the starter kit (only use the Charger provided by Halo).
- Place the charger into a USB port. Charge for about 3- 4 hours.
- Once the device is charged, remove the USB Charger and then remove the battery from the USB Charger.
- Reconnect your Cartridge and enjoy.
Charging the device Wall Outlet:
- Connect the battery to the USB Charger.
- Connect the USB Charger to the Wall Charging Adapter. Ensure you’re only using the adapters provided by Halo.
- Plug the Adapter into the Wall socket. Charge for around 3 – 4 hours.
- When fully charged remove the Adaptor from the wall socket.
- Unplug the adapters from each other and remove the battery.
- Reconnect your Cartridge and enjoy.
Firing Instructions – This is a major problem when it comes to E-Cigs. The main cause of firing issues is due to people tightening the cartomizer to the battery too much. You only need to tighten the cartomizer until it’s touching the connector inside the battery. Once you feel resistance, stop tightening.
If you believe you’re experiencing firing issues there are a couple of things you can do:
- Ensure the battery you’re using is fully charged. It could just be low battery causing no vapor production.
- Replace the cartomizer, try a brand new one. Although cartomizers can be re-used, they will eventually have to be thrown away and replaced.
- If the problem persists after attempting both stages above; research methods on how to fix a firing E-Cig. This will include using something to gently re-adjust the connection point between the battery and cartomizer. Please ensure you fully research this before attempting to fix it yourself!
More information – All additional information can be found in the user manual that is provided with the starter kit. Please ensure the user manual is read when trying to resolve an issue; before looking online!
The G6 E-Cig only cost $35.00, this is quite a cheap option for most entry level vapors looking for a decent starter kit.
The appealing, smart and clean cut design is definitely desirable. Providing a high level of quality staying true to Halo Cigs reputation.
Providing an average level of performance, the vapor production and battery life of the device are not the best but certainly not the worst! Not a great choice for experienced E-Cig vapors.
The Halo G6 E-Cig Starter Kit was a pleasure to test. Providing the high level of physical quality that Halo is commonly known for. I was slightly disappointed with the vapor production and battery life, but it’s to be expected with a device as cheap as this! Despite some of the negatives, the only question I have is, which colors should I get mine in?
Halo G6 E-Cig Starter Kit
Vape Rating: 72/100 by Vaping Daily