First impressions of the Kanger CUPTI are quite good; it has an appealing all in one design which outstanding amounts of features and functionality. The small size of the device makes it easy to hold and use. You can tell they’ve made use of the space with this all-in-one sub-ohm tank hosting a 5ML tank capacity.
Kanger CUPTI Pros & Cons:
- All in one design
- Small and Portable
- Variable Wattage
- Adjustable Airflow
- Weird Button Positioning
- Hard to clean
What it Has For You
- Kanger CUPTI
- CLOCC SUS316L 0.5 ohm Atomizer Head
- CLOCC NiCr 1.5 ohm Atomizer Head
- Spare Drip Tip
- User manual
- USB Cable
- 5ML Capacity
- 7 – 75W Wattage Range
- OLED Display
- 510 Threaded Connections
- High Amp 18650 battery
Relax, Vape It Easy
The Kanger CUPTI hosts an all-in-one design with huge amounts of functionality and features. One of the major design choices they’ve chosen for this box mod is the embedded tank. You’ll find a 5ML Capacity tank embedded in the body of the mod. The embedded tank makes it incredibly portable, leak-proof and easy to use.
The only negatives with an embedded tank and all in one design; typically, if something breaks, the whole device has to be replaced. However, it’s hard to break an all-in-one device.
Size and Weight
The Kanger CUPTI comes in at around 2 inches by 4 inches x 7/8 inches including the drip tip. As you can tell the device is extremely small, causing little to no issues if you want to carry the box mod around with you in your pocket.
The weight of the device is decent, they’ve managed to make the device feel like it’s of high build quality, while managing not to make it too heavy in your pocket. It’s a perfect balance.
When purchasing an all-in-one box mod kit you can expect it to have huge amounts of features and functionality. This is relatively true with the Kanger CUPTI, and it has a lot of functionality. Such as an adjustable airflow and wattage control making your experience with this device pretty great.
- Adjustable Wattage – As mentioned above, you have the ability to control the wattage on the mod within the range of 7-75W this is more than enough for standard sub ohm vaping. When changing the wattage settings always ensure you check the limitations of the atomizer that you’re using.
- Adjustable Airflow – On the top of the device there is an adjustable airflow setting. You can use this to control the balance between air and vapor when pulling from the device; this will give you increased control over your experience with the device.
- Large Resistance Range – You have the ability to use Ni200, TI, and NiChrome atomizers with a resistance range between 0.15 – 1.3ohm. If you enjoy larger dense clouds or simply love a long lasting flavor, you’ll have no trouble finding the perfect atomizer resistance for you.
- MTL & DTL Vaping – You can choose from either Mouth to Lung (MTL) or Direct to Lung (DTL) vaping styles when pulling from the Kanger CUPTI. Provided with two rebuildable atomizer heads you can swap them out whenever you’re feeling a different pulling method.
- Buttons on the Top – You’ll find all the bottoms for the temperature control on top of the device, alongside the OLED screen. They’ve managed to keep the buttons out of the way, yet still easy enough to use whenever you need them.
- OLED Screen – The Kanger CUPTI hosts a small OLED screen, this will give you all the information you need to use the device to its full potential correctly. They located the screen on top of the device.
How to Gauge the Kanger CUPTI
The Kanger CUPTI has pretty average performance when it comes to a box mod starter kit. You can expect a decent amount of vapor production and a huge amount of control over the type of vapor you’re pulling. You can tell the best performance features of this device are simply the customizability that you have with it, and it has a well-rounded decent performance on each setting.
The Quality of the Cloud
The vapor production throughout the wattage settings and different atomizers are outstanding. You have the ability to have huge dense clouds, or simply go for a mouth to lung pulling technique with more flavor, a harder pull, and less vapor production.
You will always get an intensive long-lasting flavor when using the Kanger CUPTI, regardless of the wattage setting and atomizer in use, there will always be that intensive flavor.
Box Mod Performance
This box mod starter kit performs extremely well. The control over the wattage gives you a decent control over the device, while still managing to give entry-level box mod vapors the ability to have an easy time with this mod.
The charging time of the device can be around 2 – 3 hours.
The only recommendation I have for improvements on this device is reworking the embedded tank on the device. Although it provides a decent portability aspect and overall makes the device a lot cleaner and smaller, it’s incredibly hard to access and clean, this could cause some issues with maintaining and looking after the device.
To Become A Pro User You Need To Know
It’s important to assemble correctly and setup your device. You can find all the information you need to assemble your device in the user manual provided in the starter kit. As this is a starter kit, the chances are everything will come pre-installed. Before you fill the device and set everything up, make sure you fully understand everything about the device this will greatly increase your experience with the device.
Here are some of the things you’ll want to know before using the device:
- Priming the Atomizer – Before you use the device, you will have to get access to the device, placing e-juice on the coil inside the atomizer will soak it and help the juice circulate inside. You should also leave the device for at least 5 minutes with a full tank to soak it further.
- Filling the tank – The device has a top filling method to fill the tank reservoir. To fill the device, you will have to remove the tip on the top of the device, filling up the device to the max fill line, the tank has a 5ML capacity so that it will take PLENTY of juice.
It’s important to take care of the device, doing so will greatly increase the lifespan of your device and make your experience with it a lot better.
Here are some of the things you’ll want to do:
- Clear for dust – Occasionally wipe down the exterior of the device, this will remove any buildup of dust that will eventually lead to the device.
- Dried Juice/Liquids – This may not be a problem with the Kanger CUPTI due to the design, however, sometimes juice will dry up in connections and cause issue. Removing this crispy juice will stop any connection issues from happening.
You can find any additional information in the user manual provided with the device. Make sure the content is legitimate before following any information online.
The starter kit is available from around $49.95 which is a great price for a starter kit of this caliber.
The design is pretty outstanding for an all-in-one design, it hosts some great portability and features and is quite visually appealing.
As mentioned, the performance of this device is pretty average. You’ll get decent performance throughout each wattage setting and atomizer.
If you can get your hands on the Kanger CUPTI, then it’s a great entry-mid level sub ohm box mod vape. You’ll be sure to have huge amounts of features that will guide you through your sub ohm experience. Having the ability to swap out atomizers and wattage settings give you a nice feel of uniqueness to your device. It’s an overall, great device.