Halo Reactor Box Mod Review – A Powerful Offering for Serious Vapers
In a bid to make the new and experienced vaper’s dreams come true, Halo introduced the New Reactor Box Mod together with the New Tracer Mod in November 2015. The Halo Reactor is among the most advanced vaping devices currently on the market and comes fully packed with all the features of a very powerful but modern sub-ohm box mods which will fly you through the world of vapor with ease.
The Halo Reactor has these features:
- Adjustable voltage of 2V to 10V
- Adjustable vaping power of between 8 to 50 Watts
- LED screen
- USB reactor wall adapter and charging cord
- 4,400mAh high-performance battery
- 5ml e-liquid tank
- 5-ohm vertical dual coil head
- User manual
This Halo Reactor is recommended for those who already have some experience with the basic kits such as the Triton starter kit, as the manufacturer recommends less tech savvy users or new vapers to go for the New Halo Tracer which requires less input from the user(like other Vape kits for begginers). With the Halo Reactor, a whole new level of experience is brought to the vaping community and the free 30 ml bottle of Halo’s premium Tribeca e-liquid takes it to new heights.
Pros and Cons of Halo Reactor Mod
Halo Reactor Mod has its pros and cons just like any other product out there.
- It is one of the best and highly recommended Mods for novices who want to showcase their sub-ohm vaping skills.
- The mod burns out the coils pretty rather quickly but the good thing here is that it offers 5-coil pack for an unbeatable price of less than $14.
- The mod supports USB cord for charging and it carries every vaper’s favorite pass-through capability – the feature that allows you to vape even while the device is charging.
- The battery has 10-second cut-off time giving you the option to take a 10-second puff on the mod.
- It has a profound and sleek design, highly portable and fitting to your hand as well as sparkling stainless steel finish, available in four pleasant colors.
The product is quite good that it has a few drawbacks which will not hinder the proper working of the mod:
- The mode features a custom battery of 4,400mAh rather than the popular 18650 batteries, which is definitely not ideal.
- The replacement battery rather is expensive, priced at $39.99 – more than half the price of the mod itself.
- The power output is a bit limited
How is the Vapor Production?
When it comes to vapor quality and production, Halo never fails to impress us. From their cig-a-likes to the box mod, every product is simply a vapor machine. Particularly the Reactor offers massive plumes of vapor, especially when you use it with any of Halo’s High VG type e-juices. And not to mention that the kit also includes a free 30ml bottle of Halo e-juice of your own choice with custom nicotine strength. I simply love their Kringle’s Curse E-liquid and recommend it for use with the Reactor.
Since I vape a lot, one thing that really bothers me is that I tend to accidently click the up or down button and end up changing the wattage without even knowing it. Halo has countered this glitch by adding a “hold” feature, which can be initiated by pressing both the up and down buttons together, and it ensures that wattage won’t change until you unlock the mod by pressing the two buttons together again.
Despite the limited range of wattage, we were really impressed by Reactor’s performance. The adjustable wattage as well as voltage, plus the airflow control let you customize the vaping experience just the way you want. It’s easy to set up, has a quick heat up and offers a smooth flavor. We might not have recommended the Reactor for this price had the kit not included sub-ohm Reactor tank, a wide-bore glass, stainless steel mouthpiece, and of course the free e-juice bottle.
It is simple to set up, provides a smooth flavor, and possesses a swift heat up.
The Price of Halo Reactor Mod
Probably, we would not have recommended the mod at this price but due to the included sub-ohm tank or atomizer, a wide-bore glass, free e-juice bottle, and stainless steel mouthpiece; we urge you to go ahead and try the Halo Reactor mod at the price of $60. With the performance, the quality, and all the accessories, you won’t regret it.
What About the Halo Reactor Atomizer Coil?
Depending on your frequency of vaping, you’ll have to change the coils about every three weeks. Luckily, it is a very simple process. Just thread the new coil in place as the old one easily screws out. Continue threading it in until you feel some resistance, you are done. Making the coil too tight isn’t recommended by Halo as it can “suffocate” the tank.
When you re-attach the base to the tank, it is the same process. Thread it into place with ease, again try not to make it too tight. The Halo Reactor tank is exceptionally well designed and is made to be convenient to use.
The most important fact is that Halo Reactor Tank is absolutely the best answer on the market now if you want to switch to a box mod from cig-a-likes or basic e-cigarettes. You can enjoy the wonderful vape straight away, without having to get entangled in complicated settings. But if you want to tailor the mod to certain vaping needs, the Halo Reactor still will not disappoint you. It’s definitely one-size-fits-all device.
Halo Reactor Box Mod
Vape Rating: 87/100 by Vaping Daily